05-12-07, 12:31 PM
Happy Pole Day!

http://www.transbuddha.com/justin/pics/brasspole.jpg

:gomer:

Let the field filling begin!!! :saywhat:

-Kevin

theunions
05-12-07, 12:43 PM
Woke up at 6 am this morning to watch from my hospital bed. Let the Foytility begin! :tony:

Chief
05-12-07, 01:09 PM
Did I just fall off a turnip truck......this is the most PATHETIC insignificant STUPID display in auto racing history. This psuedo-qualifying is bogus, they're on ESPN2! Bumped by Power Rangers! No one in the stands on a grreat day...

Indy is ****ed. I'm going to watch the 1991 pole day on tape to make a comparison. Tony George is an *******.:flame:

dando
05-12-07, 01:12 PM
Did I just fall off a turnip truck......this is the most PATHETIC insignificant STUPID display in auto racing history.

Graphic designer gone amok for certain. The most useless display I've ever seen. :saywhat:

-Kevin

Duroc
05-12-07, 01:31 PM
I channel surfed onto Danica insisting she had a front row car and it's not her fault. Somewhere between snarky and nasty. Not must see TV.

Chief
05-12-07, 01:35 PM
Wait.....it's 1:30PM.....there hasn't been a car on track in 20 minutes. Yeah baBY! Waste of time.... iT'S just like watching BORAT.

pIT GRANSSTANDS ARE VIRTUALLY EMPTY.

cart7
05-12-07, 02:11 PM
Beautiful day, cheap entrance price and the people of Indianapolis can find still find better things to do.

Pole day reduced to the deuce so some kiddie movie can run on ABC? Good grief.

How many 4 lap shots does each driver get to take pole?

11 starters for day one set, now the bumping begins?

Let the schlock and gimmickry begin.

No wonder Carnegie retired.

EDwardo
05-12-07, 02:29 PM

How many 4 lap shots does each driver get to take pole?

11 starters for day one set, now the bumping begins?

Let the schlock and gimmickry begin.

No wonder Carnegie retired.

It gets even better. The "new" qualifying format was concocted 3 years ago. Due to rain the past 2 years, this is the first time that it will be inflicted on the dwindling gomer faithful.:shakehead

RusH
05-12-07, 04:37 PM
I caught that Foyt footage from 1993. The stands....wow:eek:

Some excuses I`m reading are...soccer moms and dads, speeds, and media choices. I think it`s the internet. Yeah, the internet ruined pole day crowds.:tony:

dando
05-12-07, 06:00 PM
Oh the eggcitement of this contrived Bump Day! :irked:

I am Mindy! I am Mindy! :tony:

That footage from AJ hanging it up was quite telling. :saywhat:

-Kevin

TKGAngel
05-12-07, 06:02 PM
I'm so confused. Are the AGR, Penske and Ganassi cars only allowed to qualify today? :confused:

dando
05-12-07, 06:15 PM
I'm so confused. Are the AGR, Penske and Ganassi cars only allowed to qualify today? :confused:

Oh, there was a Vision and a Foyt in there as well. Gotta save something for tomorrow's round of eggcitement, yo. :saywhat:

Thanks, :tony:! :shakehead

-Kevin

EDwardo
05-12-07, 06:37 PM
Oh, there was a Vision and a Foyt in there as well. Gotta save something for tomorrow's round of eggcitement, yo. :saywhat:

Thanks, :tony:! :shakehead

-Kevin

I figure that the plan today was to encourage those least likely to keep it off the wall to qualify. Can't have all those debris flags holding up the drama expected from the 11th get a sort of a bump spectacle. (Foytility4 and special ED received Daddy exemptions)

This means tomorrow will be safer barrier day. Ought to be a huge crowd.

:eek:

cart7
05-12-07, 07:03 PM
Betting all that unsold cooked food at the IMS vendors gets stuck in the fridge and becomes the contents for those very special Brickyard box lunches on raceday. :yuck: :gomer:

gjc2
05-12-07, 10:56 PM
I guess my "indyitis" is in complete remission, I didn't even realize it was pole day.

nrc
05-12-07, 11:40 PM
I guess my "indyitis" is in complete remission, I didn't even realize it was pole day.

Same here. :\

audi quattro
05-13-07, 09:25 AM
I am not sure what the big deal about bumping is in this new three year old format.
As long as there are 12 attempts, one person is bound to be bumped on each of the days.
And it is not the end of the world. You can come right back in the same car ad nauseum.
No suspense. Nothing to lose.
Maybe your position, but if you are slow, well you are slow.
What is the big deal????
It's not like you aren't gonna make the show............

gjc2
05-13-07, 11:55 AM
What is the big deal????

It's no big deal, hence the empty seats.

Insomniac
05-13-07, 12:40 PM
Same here. :\

No idea they were even practicing at Indy yet. Never saw a headline on ESPN.com until yesterday saying HCN had won the pole.

Cam
05-13-07, 12:48 PM
No idea they were even practicing at Indy yet. Never saw a headline on ESPN.com until yesterday saying HCN had won the pole.

Thanks partner! :thumbup: :D