PDA

View Full Version : Singapore Street Race

Wheel-Nut
05-11-07, 02:51 PM
and now Singapore, at night!!

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/37297/

Rogue Leader
05-11-07, 07:48 PM
That actually sounds pretty sick, I look forward to it.

dando
05-11-07, 08:03 PM
:eek:

I wonder if they'll have beach volleyball? :gomer:

:saywhat:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
05-11-07, 08:58 PM
Bernie has more money than God, but apparently he wants to go out in a blaze of glory so he's turning into an open wheel Humpy Wheeler. This is stupid. No way in hell there is enough artificial light to get rid of shadows and allow the drivers to refocus at the rate things happen in F1 cars. What's next, Monster Trucks on Saturday? How about some drifting between F1 sessions. That old peckerwood has lost it.

pchall
05-11-07, 10:50 PM
Bernie has more money than God, but apparently he wants to go out in a blaze of glory so he's turning into an open wheel Humpy Wheeler. This is stupid. No way in hell there is enough artificial light to get rid of shadows and allow the drivers to refocus at the rate things happen in F1 cars. What's next, Monster Trucks on Saturday? How about some drifting between F1 sessions. That old peckerwood has lost it.

Lighting up Burke or the Astrodome parking lot is one thing, but the actual streets of a modern skyscraper filled city? I don't think so.

nissan gtp
05-12-07, 08:22 AM
why not ? night racing is the best

bring it on :thumbup:

cameraman
05-12-07, 09:03 PM
Lighting up Burke or the Astrodome parking lot is one thing, but the actual streets of a modern skyscraper filled city? I don't think so.

They most certainly can and as this has the full backing of the government of Singapore they most certainly will.

Insomniac
05-13-07, 12:37 PM
With this race and Valencia, will any races be getting the boot?

opinionated ow
05-13-07, 09:16 PM

probably not. they already killed of one of the german races (hockenheim?) and imola, and the japanese gp is as good as buggered for running at futilkeji

jonovision_man
05-13-07, 09:29 PM

Almost certainly... teams don't want more races.

jono

The Doctor
05-13-07, 09:37 PM
But there's already talk of Imola returning next year, as well as Suzuka returning as the Pacific GP if they improve the pit complex, so I think the chances of losing races is slim.

Insomniac
05-14-07, 10:37 AM
probably not. they already killed of one of the german races (hockenheim?) and imola, and the japanese gp is as good as buggered for running at futilkeji

I thought they were going to alternate the German Grand Prix between Hockenheim and Nurburgring?

opinionated ow
05-14-07, 10:45 AM
I thought they were going to alternate the German Grand Prix between Hockenheim and Nurburgring?

thats what i meant. the euro gp is dead and buried for now.

Gnam
05-14-07, 03:01 PM
I thought Varsha said yesterday there might be 20 races next season.
17 current
+2 new
+1 potential (USGP II?)
= 20 :thumbup:

RichK
05-14-07, 03:19 PM
thats what i meant. the euro gp is dead and buried for now.

As oddlycalm put it last week, the Euro GP is in Valencia next year. Bernie & Co. are just shifting the money-grabbing from Schumacherland to Alonsoland. :laugh:

TrueBrit
05-18-07, 01:47 PM
But there's already talk of Imola returning next year, as well as Suzuka returning as the Pacific GP if they improve the pit complex, so I think the chances of losing races is slim.

Nope, Imola is still off for next year according to Bernie...

oddlycalm
05-19-07, 07:30 AM
Street race losers....:tony:

oc