PDA

View Full Version : Valencia Street Race

Wheel-Nut
05-10-07, 12:05 PM
A Spanish version of Monaco??

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/formulaone/auto/37260/

It is believed the Valencian government has paid as much as $35 million to land the race, which contradicts Ecclestone’s previous statements that no European country should have more than one event, one of his justifications to axe the San Marino GP at the Italian circuit of Imola this season

TrueBrit
05-10-07, 12:23 PM
Very cool!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6642777.stm

Might have to go and check that one out...

Wheel-Nut
05-10-07, 12:38 PM
This will be an urban circuit rather than a street circuit and even better than some of the ones that are already on the calendar."

urban circuit - I like that term, think I'll start using it!! :thumbup:

G.
05-10-07, 01:21 PM
"Now, to have a race on the streets when we have a circuit only 20 or 30km away in Valencia, that is a little bit difficult to understand what the Formula One bosses want.
Man, everyone's copying CCWS, not just FTG.:laugh:

What's next? The MotoGP of Denver?:gomer:

Ankf00
05-10-07, 01:49 PM
What's next? The MotoGP of Denver?:gomer:

YES!!! :cool:

jonovision_man
05-10-07, 01:50 PM
urban circuit - I like that term, think I'll start using it!! :thumbup:

Can we first figure out what it means? :)

I guess it's any race that takes place in an urban setting?

Presumably that would include street circuits, but also airport circuits, and purpose-built racetracks like Albert Park or Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve?

jono

Don Quixote
05-10-07, 02:14 PM
The winner of the race will drink orange juice. ;)

Ankf00
05-10-07, 02:24 PM
The winner of the race will drink orange juice. ;)

The Catalans will never stand for such sacrilage by the southerners!!

Methanolandbrats
05-10-07, 05:35 PM
Can we first figure out what it means? :)

I guess it's any race that takes place in an urban setting?

jono

It's Bernie speak for "Street Race Festival".

oddlycalm
05-10-07, 05:55 PM
"Four years ago, we didn't have even TV coverage and now we will have two Grands Prix" said Alonso. Bernie cashes in on Alonso mania. Now that Shumacher is retired nobody should be surprised that the "European Grand Prix" has migrated. :laugh:

oc

Cam
05-10-07, 07:10 PM
Bernie cashes in on Alonso mania. Now that Shumacher is retired nobody should be surprised that the "European Grand Prix" has migrated. :laugh:

oc

Actually, that sounds like bloody good idea! Have a floating GP that is held in the home country of the reigning champion... Crap!!! Where did I put Bernies Email addy??? :D

eiregosod
05-10-07, 07:21 PM
Bernie cashes in on Alonso mania. Now that Shumacher is retired nobody should be surprised that the "European Grand Prix" has migrated. :laugh:

oc

before 2005 , bernie would have snubbed Espana now he cant get enough of it. Hermann was talking about F1 needing more street circuits, maybe this race was on the cards (depends on someone getting elected $$$$$)

The European GP was at jerez in 1994, not uncommon for the European Gp to be held in Spain.

Gnam
05-10-07, 07:23 PM
Finally, the European beach volleyball gals now have a venue. :p

eiregosod
05-20-07, 10:30 AM
Bernie was *****ing around the former PM of Spain, Jose Aznar, at the Oz GP grid. Martin Brundle ended up talking to him on the grid.

The plans to secure the cash for this race were well underway before the announcement was made.