PDA

View Full Version : mcnutty = gomer extreme

G.
05-09-07, 02:36 PM
Nice headline, bastard!

Tagliani says new car has bugs

By DEAN MCNULTY, SUN MEDIA

The Champ Car World Series hoped to level the playing field this season with the introduction of the Panoz DP01 -- the series first new car in almost a decade.

At first glance it appears to have worked with only three points separating points leader Sebastien Bourdais from Will Power in second and, just 16 points back, Canada's Alex Tagliani with three races already in the books.

But yesterday Tagliani said there still are issues with the Panoz that need to be fixed.

It hasn't reached the stage NASCAR Nextel Cup has with Dale Earnhardt Jr. blasting the Car of Tomorrow as "slow and ugly," however Tagliani said the Panoz refuelling system does need refining.

"We had a second place in the championship taken away from us at the Houston Grand Prix because we could not get enough fuel in our car during a pit stop," he said. "We just have to be more consistent and we will get better (with the new car) after every race."

Tag says the car has ONE bug that everyone else figured out but us
(http://torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2007/05/09/4165264-sun.html)

Why did I read that? (cuz it was on the CCWS page, I guess)

rabbit
05-09-07, 02:51 PM
Writers don't usually write the headlines. It's usually the editors. At least that was my experience. YMMV.

Not defending McNutty. Just sayin'...

pchall
05-09-07, 09:08 PM
Another good example of the disconnect between writer and headline writer:

May 9, 6:47 PM EDT

Danica Feels Pressure to Win More Races

By STEVE HERMAN
AP Sports Writer

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- No excuses. Danica Patrick knows she must start winning races.

chop456
05-09-07, 09:13 PM
1>0, no?

DGBJTGIE.

Elmo T
05-09-07, 09:19 PM
It hasn't reached the stage NASCAR Nextel Cup has with Dale Earnhardt Jr. blasting the Car of Tomorrow as "slow and ugly," however Tagliani said the Panoz refuelling system does need refining.

Tag lists that single "complaint", but that gets blurred into the NASCAR line. Where is the relation between the two? And "needs refining" is apparently only slightly better than "blasted as slow and ugly"? :shakehead

pchall
05-09-07, 09:25 PM
1>0, no?

DGBJTGIE.

You pass math class, but linguistics class might be another matter.

The surface structure "win more races" implies (deep structure) she has actually won one or more.

tantra
05-09-07, 10:12 PM
Be careful, pc, you're starting to give away that valuable knowledge you bestow upon others at a considerable cost to their parents.
Think 'job security', lest those youth turn to this forum for a free education. :)

pchall
05-10-07, 07:31 AM
Be careful, pc, you're starting to give away that valuable knowledge you bestow upon others at a considerable cost to their parents.
Think 'job security', lest those youth turn to this forum for a free education. :)

:rofl:

Considering what I get paid compared to what the university rips out of the pockets of parents and the students when they take out loans -- I'd rather run a free university on-line. :cool:

robot9000
05-10-07, 09:51 AM
Didn't she win Indy ? Oh, right, that was Marco....