05-08-07, 08:45 PM
http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/videos/player.php?v=520

chop456
05-08-07, 09:20 PM
Oh dear.

Do TonyBux(TM) include do-overs? :tony:

Methanolandbrats
05-08-07, 09:48 PM
Good lord, they pull kids out of school to watch that ****? No wonder Indiana is so chock full of idiots.

eiregosod
05-08-07, 09:51 PM
Oh dear.

Do TonyBux(TM) include do-overs? :tony:

no Phoney bux, just comes out of herbie's eventual winnings.

G.
05-09-07, 12:31 AM
Good lord, they pull kids out of school to watch that ****? No wonder Indiana is so chock full of idiots.
How the **** ELSE are they going to get anyone to show up? Work-Release from the prisons?

Chief
05-09-07, 01:00 AM
Without those school kids there'd be no one there. Lowest crowds for near perfect weather days at the speedway ever (except a rainout). Indy doesn't have to die afterall....Tony's killing it just fine hisself .

pchall
05-09-07, 08:09 AM
Without those school kids there'd be no one there. Lowest crowds for near perfect weather days at the speedway ever (except a rainout). Indy doesn't have to die afterall....Tony's killing it just fine hisself .

Twenty years ago on a fine day like yesterday I'd have been buggin' out of Oxford and spending the afternoon getting sunburned at the track. There'd be thousands and thousands of people in and out of the Speedway during the day because it was the done thing in Indianapolis and the entire state of Indiana.

Tony George must have been too coked up to notice what a big thing was going on back then.:flame:

dando
05-09-07, 10:37 AM

What Jinks dint mention is that this is part of the Indyana DARE program. :tony: This is is your brain on drugs, and the results years later.... :saywhat:

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
05-09-07, 11:34 AM
Twenty years ago on a fine day like yesterday I'd have been buggin' out of Oxford and spending the afternoon getting sunburned at the track. There'd be thousands and thousands of people in and out of the Speedway during the day because it was the done thing in Indianapolis and the entire state of Indiana.

Was it a gradual decline in attendance or a sudden drop?

pchall
05-09-07, 08:31 PM
Was it a gradual decline in attendance or a sudden drop?

I was there almost every day in May when I lived in Indy during the first half of the 90s. I didn't perceive a drop off, but I wasn't even paying attention to attendance. In 1995, however, I was impressed by how full the grandstands were behind the Penske pit all day long as the team struggled to find speed.

There was an obviously big drop off between 1995 and 1997 (I missed 96 since I was teaching in Wales on an exchange deal). The one day I drove to Indy to watch practice there was a really sparse crowd. I haven't been back since.

Jervis Tetch 1
05-09-07, 09:40 PM
Herb's a hack.:yuck: