PDA

View Full Version : Talk about guts

Napoleon
05-03-03, 08:58 AM
I can not even imagine being stuck in this situation.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7180-2003May2.html

rabbit
05-03-03, 03:52 PM
:eek: The human spirit never ceases to amaze.

RaceChic
05-03-03, 09:57 PM
At times like this, you fully realize what human beings are capable of when they need to be and what strength we really possess. :) :) :)

WestMcLarenF1
05-08-03, 04:34 PM
The guy is holding a press conference right now with his new "agent". What a moron. He should be able to buy alot of weed with the book & movie proceeds.

RaceGrrl
05-08-03, 04:49 PM
A moron would not have had the intestinal fortitude to cut off his own arm with a pocket knife. A moron would have died waiting to be rescued. If he can leverage his experience into a paying gig, more power to him.

rabbit
05-08-03, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
A moron would not have had the intestinal fortitude to cut off his own arm with a pocket knife. A moron would have died waiting to be rescued. If he can leverage his experience into a paying gig, more power to him. Yep.

RaceChic
05-08-03, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by WestMcLarenF1
The guy is holding a press conference right now with his new "agent". What a moron. He should be able to buy alot of weed with the book & movie proceeds.

It's not like he set out for this to happen so he could make a buck, smoke a few and get famous. My hat off to him..... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

WestMcLarenF1
05-08-03, 06:02 PM
Let's see, the guy doesn't tell anyone where he is going, and he's pursuing a high risk hobby. I'm glad he's okay, but he's no hero in my book. He's like these people that get their arms ripped off by reaching into a combine without shutting it off first and then they are heroes because they don't bleed to death.

nrc
05-08-03, 11:25 PM
The guy showed courage and fortitude. I haven't seen anyone else here use the word "hero".

I really doubt that the is going to rich from it. His 15 minutes will be up soon and he'll still be missing an arm.