PDA

View Full Version : So is THIS what 'Indy' means?

IlliniRacer
05-03-07, 03:50 PM
:tony:
Jimmy Kite to Drive the #18 PDM Racing entry at the 91st running of the Indianapolis 500 (http://www.pdmracing.com/)

nrc
05-03-07, 04:00 PM
Somewhere Jack Arute is weeping with joy.

Spicoli
05-03-07, 04:17 PM
I'd look for those guys to deliver a 12 to 15th if the car doesn't break. - turdyForum. :rofl:

Methanolandbrats
05-03-07, 04:18 PM
>>>>Paul Diatlovich, Owner and General Manager of PDM Racing could not help point out the significance of this year’s race.

“Here we are a small Indianapolis based team that has been involved with this race since the inception of the Indy Racing League, again preparing for another run at the “greatest spectacle in racing”. >>>>>>>

I could'nt have said it better myself. Nothing but a bunch of delusional hicks.

Andrew Longman
05-03-07, 04:31 PM
But what makes it exciting this year for PDM Racing, is we will have the best race entry number on the track, #18

which of course, coincides with the Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl XLI and quarterback of the Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts, #18, Peyton Manning.

Gomers indeed. I'm sure Mr Manning is equally proud they are flying his number.

One Panoz chassis. No announced sponsor. TG must not be sharing too much coin. Better hope Kite keeps it off the wall in practice.

But at least they are having fun. I'm glad. Doesn't matter that the price to let these guys play was to screw up the entire sport.:rolleyes:

rosawendel
05-03-07, 04:40 PM
i just don't know what indy means.

KLang
05-03-07, 05:12 PM
I saw over at gomerville that Al Jr. will be running for Foyt despite the DUI and Hit and Run charges hanging over his sorry ass. :irked:

Suppose they will install one of those breathalizer ignition interlock gizmo's on his race car? :D

cart7
05-03-07, 09:22 PM
PDM racing.

Their motto:

"Remember, we gave Sam Hornish his first start in Indycars"

Jervis Tetch 1
05-03-07, 09:23 PM
Jimmy Kite? :irked:

Like Donnie Beechler, the saviour of the I*L. :yuck:

dando
05-03-07, 09:29 PM
I saw over at gomerville that Al Jr. will be running for Foyt despite the DUI and Hit and Run charges hanging over his sorry ass. :irked:

Suppose they will install one of those breathalizer ignition interlock gizmo's on his race car? :D

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12792

Welcome to yesterday. :D

Oh, and folks, Indy is just a word, yo. :saywhat:

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
05-03-07, 10:27 PM
Jimmy Kite? :irked:

Like Donnie Beechler, the saviour of the I*L. :yuck:

Yep. From "Beechler's Buddies" to "The Lazier Lovefest" and now the "Kite Kool-Aid Klub,"

RHR_Fan
05-04-07, 11:55 AM
Where have I heard of Jimmy Kite before? :confused: The name sounds familiar.

devilmaster
05-04-07, 12:59 PM

One of the early earl racers before the big bad evil cart teams..... ummm good earl saviour teams switched....

extramundane
05-04-07, 12:59 PM

http://www.stevesbeatles.com/cds/album-covers/sgt_pepper.jpg

For the benefit of Jimmy Kite :gomer:

Rogue Leader
05-04-07, 06:08 PM
ack in 2003, Kite and PDM teamed up for the Indianapolis 500 and it was a magical run at the Brickyard. Starting in 32nd position, Jimmy finished the race in 13th place. For those keeping score, with regards to start-finish positioning, Jimmy was the most improved for the field that year.

You dont know that 13th place means! :tony:

eiregosod
05-05-07, 09:33 AM
:cool: mediocrity:cool:

pchall
05-05-07, 10:48 AM
http://www.stevesbeatles.com/cds/album-covers/sgt_pepper.jpg

For the benefit of Jimmy Kite :gomer:

nice

indyfan31
05-08-07, 07:06 PM
This is what Indy means now:

Montoya sat down for a short Q&A with AP Auto Racing Writer Jenna Fryer:

Q: Indianapolis opens this week ...

JPM: ``Does it? Really? I was not aware of that. I am impressed I didn't know.''

Q: You are the 2000 Indianapolis 500 champion. Will you be making a return visit this season?

JPM: ``Hell no.''

link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-juansworld&prov=ap&type=lgns)
You know, I didn't used to like Juan, but he keeps growing on me. :laugh:

Gnam
05-08-07, 07:11 PM
You are the 2000 Indianapolis 500 champion. Will you be making a return visit this season?

JPM: ``Hell NO.''
Q: Yes, but (car owner) Chip Ganassi usually takes a plane full of his NASCAR people to Indy to check it out. You won't go?
JPM: ``I am testing. I am busy.''
Q: Come on. You won't even go over there and visit old friends?
JPM: ``NO. Go see them run around for a day? NO. If you were driving the car ... but just to go? N0.''
Q: The socializing aspect of it doesn't interest you at all?
JPM: ``N0. N0. The more I think about it, NO. I've got enough things going on, family, this, everything."

A thousand times NO. :laugh:

jonovision_man
05-08-07, 07:39 PM
That really sucks. I mean the guy did ARCA, Rolex 24, Busch, he's even doing a dirt race, but he won't even consider Indy?

I wish he'd reconsider, but I wish the Indy 500 was more compelling to drivers like him.

jono

STD
05-08-07, 08:21 PM
You know, I didn't used to like Juan, but he keeps growing on me. :laugh:

Juan Pablo has always told it as he see's it.

I'm waiting for them to revive Dennis Vitolo's career he would fit in nicely this year. Duck and cover Wheldone. :p

Indy
05-08-07, 10:10 PM
That really sucks. I mean the guy did ARCA, Rolex 24, Busch, he's even doing a dirt race, but he won't even consider Indy?

I wish he'd reconsider, but I wish the Indy 500 was more compelling to drivers like him.

jono

I wish it was more compelling to fans like me, too, but that has been ruined forever by Tony George and his vision of bringing Indy Car down to his level of mediocrity. You see, there is a reason we hate the IRL. It is not all about us versus them. There are some principles which have been violated, and the consequence has been that guys like JPM treat the once great race with the disrespect it now deserves.

Spicoli
05-08-07, 10:13 PM
http://i17.tinypic.com/6eydemq.gif

jonovision_man
05-09-07, 01:29 PM
I wish it was more compelling to fans like me, too, but that has been ruined forever by Tony George and his vision of bringing Indy Car down to his level of mediocrity. You see, there is a reason we hate the IRL. It is not all about us versus them. There are some principles which have been violated, and the consequence has been that guys like JPM treat the once great race with the disrespect it now deserves.

I agree to a point. Obviously the split was the worst thing to happen to the sport, it's what put US OW into the downward spiral it can't pull out of.

But I'll still watch Indy, it may not be as good as it was but it's still good enough to make it worth the afternoon. And I really thoroughly enjoyed my trip down there last year, I never attended before so I can't compare it to what it was (the TV doesn't capture the atmosphere!), but what it is today was impressive and a lot of fun.

jono

G.
05-09-07, 02:26 PM
I agree to a point. Obviously the split was the worst thing to happen to the sport, it's what put US OW into the downward spiral it can't pull out of.

But I'll still watch Indy, it may not be as good as it was but it's still good enough to make it worth the afternoon. And I really thoroughly enjoyed my trip down there last year, I never attended before so I can't compare it to what it was (the TV doesn't capture the atmosphere!), but what it is today was impressive and a lot of fun.

jonoGeebus! Even Brick' tries to hide his fencepost when he stops by.:saywhat:

jonovision_man
05-09-07, 07:26 PM
Geebus! Even Brick' tries to hide his fencepost when he stops by.:saywhat:

I have a long established record of "fencepost" sitting around here. :p Wouldn't want to disappoint.

jono