PDA

View Full Version : The Foyt Futility Watch -- Kansas Edition

pchall
04-28-07, 07:56 AM
In addition to our usual suspects -- Mr. Ed, IV, and Tex Manning -- I'd like to welcome Milka Duno to the road to the yellow bricks. How will she cope with the tornado of carbon fibre that is IRL racing on 1.5 mile ovals?

Check back for updates in the Futility as you use this lovely sunny weekend for important activities like mowing the lawn, filling the pool, walking the dog, or watching golf.

pchall
04-28-07, 01:49 PM
First Practice

1:21:50 into the session

1 Dixon 213.87

4 Patrick 212.57

7 IV 212.03
8 Mr. Ed 211.9

18 Manning 209.50 Our hero!
19 Fisher 209.04
20 Duno 208.09
21 Barron 204.06

pchall
04-28-07, 02:01 PM
1:40:55 into the session

Embarassed by being slower than a Foyt car, Fisher blows by Manning and Simmons!

17 Sarah Fisher 209.829

1:55:57 the session into session

Barron finds his pair in a side pocket of his helmet bag or gets sponsorship from Enzyte instead of Focus Factor.

20 Barron 209.028

Duno now DFL

IV and Mr. Ed retreat to P9 and 10 hoping they will be accused of sandbagging for Sunday.

Spicoli
04-28-07, 04:31 PM

http://i15.tinypic.com/43ggjyd.jpg

livin the dream.:gomer:

pchall
04-28-07, 07:03 PM
Qualies

1 Kanaan 214.186

9 Whiner, Jr. 211.808
10 Patrick 211.796
11 Mannning 211.672 Our hero!

13 Mr. Ed 211.452

15 IV 211.202

19 Roth* 209.405

21 Duno 208.256

Race Weather: 98% chance of a rain of carbon fibre

* Marty, not Ed!

But for old times' sake:

http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/rat-fink-cartoon.jpg

emjaya
04-29-07, 07:55 AM

http://i15.tinypic.com/43ggjyd.jpg

livin the dream.:gomer:

To be honest, I don't see Marty being any different to ten thousand other men in the world driving their own racecar. Some race Formula Vee, he races in the IRL.

Fifty years ago, owner drivers were racing F1. One owner driver ended up winning three world driver championships and two constuctors championships.

Marty may not be the fastest driver or have the fastest car, but he's not the slowest either. It's his money he's spending.

:\

Ziggy
04-29-07, 10:22 AM
Put the crack pipe down emjaya

Fifty years ago this guy would not have been allowed to unload his car from the trailer.

His talent would not fill a dixie cup. His talent lies in the business world and having a wife that makes men touch themselves never hurt in this day and age either

get a clue

cameraman
04-29-07, 11:59 AM
What a load of rose colored crap. You are saying everyone one was wonderful back in the day. What a load. There were all manner of dreamers and a whole lot of them were as bad or far worse drivers than Roth. Back then only the fastest 33 made the show. It ain't Roth's fault no one else is showing up to ftg's show. While you are stewing in your own hate he is racing. He sure isn't winning but he is racing.

Ziggy
04-29-07, 12:15 PM
Let me guess

you also enjoy a good tractor pull or truck race.........

matthole
04-29-07, 12:47 PM
he is racing. He sure isn't winning but he is racing.

No he isn't. The 'league' is not 'racing'. :rolleyes: :shakehead: It's crap. Garbage. Junk.

cameraman
04-29-07, 12:47 PM
Let me guess

you also enjoy a good tractor pull or truck race.........

No I have not but I do not hate the guys building tractors either.

nrc
04-29-07, 12:50 PM
There were all manner of dreamers and a whole lot of them were as bad or far worse drivers than Roth. Back then only the fastest 33 made the show. It ain't Roth's fault no one else is showing up to ftg's show. While you are stewing in your own hate he is racing. He sure isn't winning but he is racing.

Is such a thing as "far worse drivers than Roth" possible? You don't see that showing up, taking an gimme spot in the 500 and acting like you're a real racer is part of the problem? Part of what perpetuates this whole mess?

cameraman
04-29-07, 01:11 PM
No, it is the 100,000+ that show up every year no matter who drives. Outside of this and maybe three other boards nobody in this country cares who is driving at the 500, they will show up anyway.

Every spring you guys get tied up in knots about what Tony George has done. Guess what, it acomplishes exactly nothing. He is going to be doing the exact same thing 20 years from now and every year after that until he dies. You can stew in your own juices and hate the entire world for the rest of your life or you can just walk away from it.

pchall
04-29-07, 05:15 PM
And now back to our regularly scheduled Futility.

Note after 40 laps:

Roth out -- "handling" :rofl:

Marco is Roth slow and in the pits twice. :eek:

Duno's best lap in 12mph slower than the leader.:shakehead

IV has dropped back to 15th

Mr. Ed up to 8th

Tex Manning 10th

pchall
04-29-07, 05:29 PM
Patrick hits teamate Kanaan while leaving pits. :laugh:

Kanaan stays in pit for front suspension repairs.

Marco parks it. Radio quote: "There was no grip. I was scared to death."

Methanolandbrats
04-29-07, 05:33 PM
.... While you are stewing in your own hate he is racing. He sure isn't winning but he is racing.

Yes he is racing. Wonderful. The guys with the $50 beaters in my local 1/4 mile backup race are "racing" too, but they are'nt pretending it is a World Class Effort. Before Indy went to hell, Roth would be crashing Porsches or Ferrari's in some rich guy bend em up series, not dicking around in the shadow of Clark, Mears, etc.... I suppose Milka is "racing" too........back in the day the only place she would be found at Indy is on her back in Al Sr.'s motorhome. That's why people who remember when racing was real get bent about the current ******** state of motorracing.

pchall
04-29-07, 05:36 PM
Notes at 80 laps

11 IV

14 Tex manning

pchall
04-29-07, 05:47 PM
EXTRA!!!

Lap 100 Mr. Ed backs it into the wall all by himself -- radio says he was trying to go around Simmons on the outside.

pchall
04-29-07, 05:58 PM
Notes at Lap 120

7 IV -1 lap

12 Tex Manning -1 lap

14 Duno - 4 laps

pchall
04-29-07, 06:07 PM
Notes at 140

9 IV -2 laps

11 Patrick -2
12 Tex Manning -2

14 I. Duno -5

pchall
04-29-07, 06:27 PM
Notes at 180

7 Patrick -1 lap

10 IV -1

12 Tex Manning -1

14 I. Duno -6

pchall
04-29-07, 06:36 PM
198 Scott notsoSharp smacks the wall

Notes at 200

1 Who really cares?

7 Patrick -1

10 IV -1

12 Tex Manning -1

14 I. Duno -6

17 Mr. Ed -100

cart7
04-29-07, 06:51 PM
Where's the side-by-side? :cry:

What's happened to our IRL? :cry:

Bring back Cahill and Donnie Beechler and the rest of the good ol days. :cry:

pchall
04-29-07, 07:39 PM
Where's the side-by-side? :cry:

What's happened to our IRL? :cry:

Bring back Cahill and Donnie Beechler and the rest of the good ol days. :cry:

You've been reading Trackforum for giggles, too?

It's a tough day for the faithful:

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89798

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89794

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89793

:tony: <-- sure fixered Indycar racing good.

Spicoli
04-29-07, 07:53 PM
You've been reading Trackforum for giggles, too?

It's a tough day for the faithful:

:tony: <-- sure fixered Indycar racing good.

some epic stuff in there.

rome is truly burning.

:rofl:

mapguy
04-29-07, 08:22 PM
Yes he is racing. Wonderful. The guys with the $50 beaters in my local 1/4 mile backup race are "racing" too, but they are'nt pretending it is a World Class Effort. Before Indy went to hell, Roth would be crashing Porsches or Ferrari's in some rich guy bend em up series, not dicking around in the shadow of Clark, Mears, etc.... I suppose Milka is "racing" too........back in the day the only place she would be found at Indy is on her back in Al Sr.'s motorhome. That's why people who remember when racing was real get bent about the current ******** state of motorracing.

Dood. That was beautiful.

Ziggy
04-29-07, 10:40 PM
Methanolandbrats, that was a good post.

Marty Roth does not have the credentials of the tour bus driver at IMS.

If you are propping up this argument by saying "Indy attendance" is still super, then you really are dillusional. They (being Tony and his merry band of jacktards) have turned an International event into a two day West Side hoedown.

When you have to have bands playing, pass out trinkets, then yeah, Indy has a problem with making the turnstyles spin. This is a manifstation of the on track product. Tony started his "league" by writing a big boohoo letter to the Indy Star (this was pre-Gannett) about how the "valued traditions" were being trampled by the real patrons of the sport

so this may, as per tradition

4 days practice
12 attempts per car
Kid Rock
and God knows whatelse they have on tap to lure in a gate.

To quote a long dead song

The 500, The 500, The greatest race in the world, from the opening bomb to the checkerd flag, it's thrill after thrill after thrill

Now it's "Mindy" and all the trappings of a Blind Man mumblypeg contest

Ziggy
04-29-07, 10:49 PM

Most of these dinks were on SpeedNet back in the day. This is just the most hypocritical idealism they have ever typed. I can remember a couple of these guys were real spear carriers when it came to making the field "more equal" (?) when the very essence of automobile racing is to annihilate your competition.

I hope they enjoy their "league"

emjaya
04-29-07, 11:02 PM
Put the crack pipe down emjaya

Fifty years ago this guy would not have been allowed to unload his car from the trailer.

His talent would not fill a dixie cup. His talent lies in the business world and having a wife that makes men touch themselves never hurt in this day and age either

get a clue

I never said he had talent. :rolleyes:

I cannot begrudge his wanting to drive in the IRL.

opinionated ow
04-29-07, 11:09 PM
my goodness. on another forum i just got called a young puck with no respect for the sport (wtf?!?) because I dared to say irl sucks and milka is way out of her league. the article it was in reference to was the one wear crapentier said she wa out of her league. the refute was :

Another 20 something punk with no respect for the sport. Stick to your Nintendo, punk

Duno running consistent 205 mph laps, only 5 mph off the leaders pace. Funny how all your bashing of IRL, Grand-Am, NASCAR, is just like everyone else's: pointless and worthless

hahahahaha:gomer: :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
04-29-07, 11:13 PM
my goodness. on another forum i just got called a young puck with no respect for the sport (wtf?!?) because I dared to say irl sucks and milka is way out of her league. the article it was in reference to was the one wear crapentier said she wa out of her league. the refute was :

hahahahaha:gomer: :gomer: :gomer: :gomer:
205 laps........only 5 mph off the leaders pace...........OMFG.........I'll bet Frank and Flav are phoning her up for a test. There will never be a shortage of stupidity.

opinionated ow
04-29-07, 11:19 PM
her race average speed was down 6 mph on the leader and the only people who did worse than her either crashed, had problems or were taken out, and that is despite 15 laps under caution and max downforce full throttle racing. wow that is bad

pchall
04-30-07, 06:58 AM

hahahahaha:gomer:

The slam you took sounds familiar. You must have riled a faded third generation clone of Defender [aka Hooter:Morgan, Alex Hoppes, & John Howard]. Good work. :)

opinionated ow
04-30-07, 09:56 AM
The slam you took sounds familiar. You must have riled a faded third generation clone of Defender [aka Hooter:Morgan, Alex Hoppes, & John Howard]. Good work. :)

nup, just one of the few USAC people who actually appreciate the irl. there ain't that many of them...

robot9000
04-30-07, 10:17 AM
Jimmy Hendrix said it looks like "Cart seris cira 1991"

LOL, he wishes....

Spicoli
04-30-07, 11:14 AM
Jimmy Hendrix said it looks like "Cart seris cira 1991"

LOL, he wishes....

Well it does.:eek:

Without the manufacturer's support, without the multiple engine choices, without the TV audience, without the stands in the fans, and without the sponsorships, yeah, it looks just the same.:laugh:

dumb****s. :gomer:

Wally
04-30-07, 11:27 AM
I suppose Milka is "racing" too........back in the day the only place she would be found at Indy is on her back in Al Sr.'s motorhome.

Hey this could still happen....:laugh: ......:gomer:

Chief
04-30-07, 12:08 PM
....I suppose Milka is "racing" too........back in the day the only place she would be found at Indy is on her back in Al Sr.'s motorhome. That's why people who remember when racing was real get bent about the current ******** state of motorracing.
EPIC rip. Kudos for speaking the truth about this BS, I applaude you.:thumbup:

Anyone see the postrace interview? Milka ain't her real name.... it's got to be "Chica Escuela". :D