PDA

View Full Version : JPM fined for gesture

dando
04-25-07, 11:54 AM
I guess he can't get away with flipping off other drivers in NASCAB:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2848638

Anyone got the pic of him flipping off Greg to add to this thread?

Good memories. :)

RIP, #99. :cry:

-Kevin

Don Quixote
04-25-07, 12:29 PM
I think it was Greg flipping off JP. A classic photo if there ever was one!

dando
04-25-07, 12:42 PM
I think it was Greg flipping off JP. A classic photo if there ever was one!

It was. I got that turned around whilst typing. That image is the first thing I thought of when I read that article. :)

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
04-25-07, 01:44 PM
Here . . .

Wheel-Nut
04-25-07, 01:47 PM
I guess Johnny Paul Montana hasn't earned his good ol boy stripe yet.

Two-time series champion Tony Stewart made the same gesture toward Jimmie Johnson during a March race in Atlanta this season and was not penalized. That also was captured on live TV, but NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said he was unaware of Stewart's gesture when asked about it this week.

But Stewart's gesture was so obvious that Johnson saw it from his rearview mirror and complimented Stewart the next week for being able to wave a finger while also preventing his car from crashing.

Stewart also made the same gesture at Carl Edwards last year at Pocono and was not penalized.

Sean O'Gorman
04-25-07, 02:02 PM
Honestly, can you blame the guy? If the camera guys don't know to keep their difference, how is he supposed to be able to protect himself from head injuries? :rofl:

Linda
05-03-07, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=Wheel-Nut;193280]I guess Johnny Paul Montana hasn't earned his good ol boy stripe yet.

Well I guess Tony would be the welcome wagon of NASCAR. Wipe that fake sweet smile off JPM> I knew it would'nt have lasted long. :laugh: