PDA

View Full Version : Notes from the NBC Broadcast of Long Beach

pressdog
04-16-07, 08:12 AM
I seriously miss Derek Daly. Just sayin'. Someone to liven up the no-passing Long Beach.

Notes from the NBC broadcast of Long Beach (http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/2007/04/pressdogs_beer_.html#more)

pchall
04-16-07, 03:16 PM
What broadcast where you watching that showed "no pass[ing]" ? Is there a special feed for cranky bloggers? ;)

nissan gtp
04-16-07, 05:01 PM
I thought Jan did a great job with the nascar boys

opinionated ow
04-16-07, 10:52 PM
I thought Jan did a great job with the nascar boys

that guy is possibly the most boring commentator in the history of motorsport...

ferrarigod
04-17-07, 03:22 AM
that guy is possibly the most boring commentator in the history of motorsport...

so they get Jan on the international broadcast that Oz doesn't get?

:tony:

opinionated ow
04-17-07, 09:08 AM
so they get Jan on the international broadcast that Oz doesn't get?

:tony:

no. i endured him on the formula atlantic webcasts last year. i used to turn the sound off.

Hesketh
04-17-07, 10:29 AM

:laugh:

Racing Truth
04-17-07, 01:35 PM

I object.

Sincerely,

Scott Goodyear

RHR_Fan
04-17-07, 05:45 PM

Remember that everyone over here has been used to Beekhuis for years. I don't know who you get down in OZ. I know the internatinal feed with Hinch and Shaw is excellent, but Jan has been around the series for years and knows his stuff. While he doesn't get as "excited" as other announcers do, he does a great job.

ferrarigod
04-17-07, 06:09 PM
Bring back Parker Johnstone. After he flipped a car every race he would make his was to the booth and it was great.:D

TravelGal
04-17-07, 07:42 PM
I object.

Sincerely,

Scott Goodyear

Absolutely hysterical because the way it came up on my screen, "I object" was at the bottom of one screen and I had to move down to see the rest. I thought it was RT that was objecting and was going to write something positive.

I cracked up.

edit: and let it be said that I was never one of the Jan B fans. He knows his stuff; he's earnest; he's nice; he's better than the other two by a country mile but he's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mueber
04-18-07, 07:55 AM
Bring back Parker Johnstone. After he flipped a car every race he would make his was to the booth and it was great.:D

The Kenny Wallace of open wheel. No thanks.

I like Jon. He knows what he is talking about, and he doesn't yell at me.

Frankly, that's all I ask.

opinionated ow
04-18-07, 09:44 AM

parker was awesome. give me parker, bob varsha and paul page....

oddlycalm
04-18-07, 03:00 PM
Parker is back in Oregon and has a Honda dealership a few miles from me.

oc

Hesketh
04-20-07, 06:54 PM
I object.

Sincerely,

Scott Goodyear

:rofl:

Indy
04-22-07, 08:35 PM

5!!!

Oh, wait, am I in the wrong place? :gomer: