PDA

View Full Version : It seems Walker racing have the Panoz figured out.

Fio1
04-13-07, 09:44 PM
With Power wnning round 1 and after the first day of practice, it seems that Walker Racing (Team Australia) have that car figured out...I wonder what they figured out that no one else has....It's good to see that, I always like Walker. :cool:

Insomniac
04-13-07, 10:03 PM
Maybe it's more the drivers than the car?

Andrew Longman
04-14-07, 01:19 PM
I thought Robin Miller said nobody was even trying to beat Bourdais this year.

Racing Truth
04-14-07, 02:38 PM
Maybe it's more the drivers than the car?

I think that's part of it. Power showed a few flashes last yr., but inexperience and NH dominance covered this up.

Then, too, Walker has more $$ resources than he's ever had, and methinks he's using it well.:thumbup:

Insomniac
04-14-07, 02:44 PM
I think that's part of it. Power showed a few flashes last yr., but inexperience and NH dominance covered this up.

Then, too, Walker has more $$ resources than he's ever had, and methinks he's using it well.:thumbup:

Don't mind me, I have myself convinced Bourdais isn't that good and it was more the car and lack of competition. (Hence, no calls from F1) :)

Ankf00
04-14-07, 08:54 PM
F1 in their wisdom called up Michael Andretti, that worked out real well

Insomniac
04-15-07, 07:51 AM
F1 in their wisdom called up Michael Andretti, that worked out real well

Zanardi, Montoya, da Matta... At least they got calls. ;)

Ruben Barrios
04-15-07, 01:40 PM
No good? Who's on pole?

Insomniac
04-15-07, 03:00 PM
No good? Who's on pole?

I never said I was right. :) Besides, my theory holds up no matter how well he does until he gets an F1 ride and does well. :D

Ruben Barrios
04-15-07, 04:44 PM
:thumbup:

Sebastien owning the field again.... Way better than anyone in Champcar!!

toymaker
04-17-07, 10:22 AM
Derrick Walker and the gang managed to keep an obsolete chassis (Reynard) somewhat competitive even without being able to make any significant changes to said chassis. This shows that they have the talent (engineering and otherwise) to quickly adapt to a chassis and sieze on any opportunity to make it go faster.

I think it is great that they are now able to show what they are able to accomplish with everyone on an even playing field. It is really fun to see the Dale Coyne cars run competitively too!

jonovision_man
04-17-07, 10:32 AM
I never said I was right. :) Besides, my theory holds up no matter how well he does until he gets an F1 ride and does well. :D

Bourdais is closer than anyone in the ChampCar field to having the speed and talent to land an F1 ride. But he's getting too old, ever since Kimi the trend has been toward the young guys. And I don't think da Matta's time at Toyota did much to convince F1 bosses to gamble on ChampCar champions...

Everyone seemed quite impressed with his test run at STR, so never say never.

Sigh... I've enjoyed watching him in ChampCar tremendously, but really he should have stayed in Europe, got a test seat in F1, and did more time in F3000/GP2... that's the way to F1.

jono

Dr. Corkski
04-17-07, 01:41 PM
I never said I was right. :) Besides, my theory holds up no matter how well he does until he gets an F1 ride and does well. :DBased on that theory, I would like to know what you think of Paul Tracy.

Insomniac
04-17-07, 02:37 PM
Based on that theory, I would like to know what you think of Paul Tracy.

What does PT have to do with this?

Dr. Corkski
04-17-07, 02:38 PM
What does PT have to do with this?What does Bourdais have to do with this?

Insomniac
04-17-07, 02:46 PM
What does Bourdais have to do with this?

I brought it up after someone else mentioned N/H inexperience as a possible reason. I added the driver to it. I also said it's not the greatest belief in the world, on top of the smilies.