PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of hearing and reading about Imus....

Fio1
04-13-07, 09:54 AM
Am I the only person in the USA who things the whole Ron Imus deal has gone a little overboard? It's on the news and in the paper everyday for 10 days. Enough! I mean it's not like the president or a major politition said that...:rolleyes: Are you telling that there is nothing else in the world to talk about?:saywhat:

Gangrel
04-13-07, 09:58 AM
Am I the only person in the USA who things the whole Ron Imus deal has gone a little overboard? It's on the news and in the paper everyday for 10 days. Enough! I mean it's not like the president or a major politition said that...:rolleyes: Are you telling that there is nothing else in the world to talk about?:saywhat:

Not since we found out Birkhead is the father of Anna Nicole's spawn... :D

emjaya
04-13-07, 10:01 AM

Roscoe Lee Browne died. :(

Methanolandbrats
04-13-07, 10:09 AM
Here's a profound topic, a biographical movie about Anna
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4024013a1870.html

Tough job for the screenwriters. How do you stretch a script to two hours when all the subject did was screw and take drugs. Probably a long-shot for an Oscar.

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 10:24 AM
Papers say this is the death of shock radio

Turns out there was no crime committed in the Duke rape case

Scott Peterson is still guilty

OJ did it

Shawndra levy was mugged and murdered

Who shot JR?

I've been banned from TF

KLang
04-13-07, 10:55 AM

This should be the story getting more coverage, considering what the press, the school faculty, and Sharpton and Co. did to those guys. :mad:

I've been banned from TF

Thought it was just a vacation? I don't know how you have the patience to post over there.

Ankf00
04-13-07, 11:11 AM
This should be the story getting more coverage, considering what the press, the school faculty, and Sharpton and Co. did to those guys. :mad:

what should be getting more press is the kid in GA doing 10 years for getting a BJ from a 15 yo when he was 17. he's black, she's white, her own mom says she initiated everything per the video tape, and the DA still insists the kid needs to "take his medicine," b/c that's what doing 10 yrs hard time for a BJ is, "medicine."

David Evans will be fine, he already has his degree certificate, Wall Street and a cushy IB job for him. Finnerty's on 6 mo. probation for jumping a kid b/c he was gay in DC. Seligman still has 3 years left I think, so sucks even more for him.

and you forgot to add 1/2 the student body in that list, they should be the ones kicked out for a year instead...

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 12:18 PM

Absolutely. Its ironic that the same hyperventilating mouthpieces and press about race relations that got those boys indicted got Imus fired.

Thought it was just a vacation? I don't know how you have the patience to post over there.

I've been given the week off. I haven't decided if I'll go back. I like the traffic, the lunatic fringe is good for a laugh, and I watch the back for a (very) few folks there, but I really need to be doing other things with my time than testing the third rail there.:gomer:

RHR_Fan
04-13-07, 12:26 PM
Who shot JR?

I did.

WickerBill
04-13-07, 12:26 PM
I've been given the week off.

Isn't that what Imus got at first?

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 12:32 PM
Isn't that what Imus got at first?

2 Weeks

rabbit
04-13-07, 12:34 PM
I did.

You weren't even born yet!

eiregosod
04-13-07, 12:38 PM
Papers say this is the death of shock radio

Scott Peterson is still guilty

OJ did it

Shawndra levy was mugged and murdered

Who shot JR?

I've been banned from TF

it's a very interesting news day, very interesting indeed :D

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=Ankf00;191954]David Evans will be fine, he already has his degree certificate, Wall Street and a cushy IB job for him. Finnerty's on 6 mo. probation for jumping a kid b/c he was gay in DC. Seligman still has 3 years left I think, so sucks even more for him.
[QUOTE]

You left out the $3M legal bill and the coach who lost his job (not that the lacrosse team were chiorboys - much of the faculty had issues with the program before all this, but there are other processes and remedies in place)

dando
04-13-07, 12:42 PM
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q='nappy-headed+ho%22+t-shirt&hl=en&safe=off&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-37,GGLD:en&um=1&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

:gomer:

Oh, and it's the 60th anniversary of Jackie Robinson breaking the color in baseball. #42 :thumbup: Great prelude to the celebration of that this week. :saywhat: :\

-Kevin

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 12:50 PM
In actual news...

You may not have heard that NJ Governor Corzine was on his way to facilitate the meeting between the RU players and Imus at the Governors Mansion when he was run off the Garden State Parkway by a now missing "Red Pickup Truck". His State Trooper driver and aide had minor injuries but Corzine broke his femor, 12 ribs, collarbone, sternum, and a vertebra. F'd up, lots of surgery.

Since the accident happened down at the shore, the driver of the red truck was no doubt a Republican.:p :p

It was also about at that moment when Imus got the call from CBS.

Corzine started his day in Pottstown, PA at the furneral for FBI agent Barry Lee Bush who was killed stopping a bank robbery last week a few miles from my home.

KLang
04-13-07, 01:00 PM
Did I hear correctly that Corzine was not wearing his seatbelt?

dando
04-13-07, 01:03 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/13/corzine.crash.ap/index.html

When I heard about the nature of the injuries he sustained, I thought there's no way he was wearing a seat belt.

:saywhat:

-Kevin

KLang
04-13-07, 01:12 PM
When I heard about the nature of the injuries he sustained, I thought there's no way he was wearing a seat belt.

My thought as well.

Dumb, just plain dumb. And this guy is supposed to be running the state?

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 01:19 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/13/corzine.crash.ap/index.html

:saywhat:

-Kevin

Me too. The Guv's caravans, going back several administrations, routinely catch flak for driving like maniacs too. Given their schedule I can see why. He was in Pottstown, PA at 10am, Hackensack, NJ at noon, Atlantic City at 2:45, made a radio appearance in AC at 5 and was going to be back in Princeton by 7. That's almost impossible to do at 80 mph without spending anytime between stops. You'd have to do 100. I wear my seatbelt at all times anyway, but especially if I'm going 100 and I'm not driving.

(BTW the Guv has a helicopter but could not use it yesterday because of a low ceiling)

Ed_Severson
04-13-07, 01:33 PM
In actual news...

You may not have heard that NJ Governor Corzine was on his way to facilitate the meeting between the RU players and Imus ...

Not to make light of a serious accident, but ...

I did read that the Governor, despite all his injuries, escaped any brain damage in the crash. Overall, it's probably a good thing he didn't make it to the meeting, as everyone else there almost certainly left a little bit dumber than they were beforehand.

dando
04-13-07, 01:50 PM
Dumb, just plain dumb. And this guy is supposed to be running the state?

Yeah, but it's NJ. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

KLang
04-13-07, 02:07 PM
Yeah, but it's NJ. :gomer: :p

-Kevin

Oh, that's right. The Soprano's are in charge. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 02:39 PM
Oh, that's right. The Soprano's are in charge. :gomer:

Actually the corruption is so wide and deep the mob has competition from the government. And the mob has to pay the same property taxes and send their kids to the same schools as the rest of us. In a lot of towns the mob keeps the crime rate down better than the cops. We like our mob.

Get this. Corzine became Senator and the Governor when he took millions in Goldman Sachs earning and gave campaign contributions to every heavy weight politician and church donations to every black activist minister in the state.

He was dating Carla Katz who is head of the biggest state employee union. They've since "broke up" but he lent her 1/2 million to buy out the mortgage on her house from her ex husband then forgave the loan once he became guv. Then she got a law school scholarship to Seton Hall where he's on the board. Now she is doing a 750K addition on her farmhouse (down the road from me) and just paid $1M cash for a condo in the same building as Corzine in Hoboken. She makes about $110K as a union chief. Hmmm.

But Corzine just negotiated a fairly favorable contract with her union (the CWA) so maybe it all works out.

But for Jersey, Corzine is seen as pretty squeaky clean.

The most powerful state senator was just indicted because, among other things, he coherced a no show job and pension from a state university in exchange for directing millions of dollars in funding to the school. Last year his peers on the legislative ethics panels looked at the same evidence and gave him a pass (because they do the same thing).

NJ and You. Perfect Together.

Ankf00
04-13-07, 02:46 PM
You left out the $3M legal bill and the coach who lost his job (not that the lacrosse team were chiorboys - much of the faculty had issues with the program before all this, but there are other processes and remedies in place)

Pressler was hosed, but he'll be back in the D1 ranks before long I imagine.

The legal bill, while ridiculous, will no doubt be partially, if not completely, taken care of by the alumni base.

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 02:56 PM
The legal bill, while ridiculous, will no doubt be partially, if not completely, taken care of by the alumni base.

I hope not. It should come from the DAs house and pension.

Ankf00
04-13-07, 03:04 PM
I hope not. It should come from the DAs house and pension.

Agreed, but it's Duke, even the engineers make at/near 6 figures out of school.

Cam
04-13-07, 03:05 PM
I've been given the week off. I haven't decided if I'll go back. I like the traffic, the lunatic fringe is good for a laugh, and I watch the back for a (very) few folks there, but I really need to be doing other things with my time than testing the third rail there.

Just a week? Thought they were allowing everyone to attend the I497.5 without the guilt of having to share their opinions with their fellow gomerati... :gomer:

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 03:44 PM
Just a week? Thought they were allowing everyone to attend the I497.5 without the guilt of having to share their opinions with their fellow gomerati... :gomer:

Their stated minimum in the penalty box is 2 months. I got a week. I'm special.:D

Andrew Longman
04-14-07, 02:12 PM
Their stated minimum in the penalty box is 2 months. I got a week. I'm special.:D

This just in... I've been paroled. Time off for good behavior I guess.:gomer:

grungex
04-14-07, 04:07 PM
This just in... I've been paroled. Time off for good behavior I guess.:gomer:

More likely because the utter hypocrisy of their mods has been exposed.

Cam
04-14-07, 05:26 PM

Yep... I swear the length of time d spent on vaca was the time it took him to sober up in the drunk tank. :gomer:

Andrew Longman
04-14-07, 05:43 PM

In his PM to me he said the Biz forum is in meltdown and he didn't need any crap from me. From the looks of the DP01 thread that got me booted, I'd say he may also realize that he needs help keeping the likes of Doc Austin from having an anurism.:shakehead

Basically he has two choices. Boot the moderates when they can't stand taking crap any longer (but the lunatics will be left to talk among themselves)or boot the lunatics.

eiregosod
04-16-07, 08:33 PM
I've been banned from TF

O/T

saw your post at TF about how CART was challenging F1. naturally one of the :tony: says that CARt never did challenge F1. It might surprise the :tony:s but it did happen.

FISA were very worried about the Surfers race.

FISA went out of their way to ensure that the Surfers race didn't go ahead. FISA wanted to setup a rival oval racing championship to snatch the indy 500 away from the CART teams.

FISA wanted FTG to adopt the 3.5L NA engines for the Indy 500. One CARt team owner said that if they adopted that, they might want to run two 250 mile races with a break of a few hours in between to change engines.

In 1993, if CARt could have found $15m sponsor, there would havee been arce in Manhatten.

Senna tested an Indycar, Mansell joined the series as f1 world champion.
F1 was being kicked out of the USA by 1991, CARt was expanding. CARt's presence in Australia did gives bernie a skidmark or two.

Typical :tony: fan to say that CART was nothing.

Andrew Longman
04-18-07, 09:41 AM

The black box on the Suburban says it was going 91 mph at the time of the accident. The trooper had the flashers on and it actually contributed to the accident because the red pick up pulled onto the shoulder to get out of the way and then swerved back to avoid a mile marker.

And no one in the car was wearing a seatbelt. As such only the side curtain airbag deployed.

Lots of questions being asked of the NJSP. They claim for security reasons they can't allow the guv's car to ever be overtaken, boxed in or stopped in traffic. They also claim they are pressured by the guv's office to keep to his ridiculous schedule. Others question why the NJSP use top heavy, under braked, poorly sprung SUVs if it is necessary to driver 100mph all the time. A Crown Vic would not have spun and hit the guardrail.

cameraman
04-18-07, 12:39 PM
If they are feel the need to be idiots and play race car driver on the interstate they really should be using something more on the lines of a Cayenne Turbo...

Ankf00
04-18-07, 12:42 PM
If they are feel the need to be idiots and play race car driver on the interstate they really should be using something more on the lines of a Cayenne Turbo...

I imagine a guy like Tony can hook that up, too. In return for a favor, of course.

Andrew Longman
04-18-07, 01:49 PM
Csaba Csere says a Merc S or Beemer 7

http://www.nj.com/starledger/stories/index.ssf?/base/columns-0/1176876442213720.xml&coll=1 Page 2

(Mulshine is a hoot. Love beer, surfing and conservatives. Hates Bush, Bennies (summer tourist to the Jersey Shore) and SUVs)

Ankf00
04-18-07, 01:54 PM
(Mulshine is a hoot. Bennies (summer tourist to the Jersey Shore)

You mean dando? :D

Andrew Longman
04-18-07, 02:52 PM
You mean dando? :D

Yup, but Mulshine ain't picky. He includes anyone west of the Garden State Parkway or anyone that clogs his prime surfing spots.:D

oddlycalm
04-18-07, 02:52 PM
The black box on the Suburban says it was going 91 mph at the time of the accident. And the needle on the Stupid Meter was pegged... :gomer:

If someone offered me a job where I had to travel in a Suburban at 90mph on public highways I'd invite them to self-fornicate and continue sending out resumes. Your observation on using a Crown Vic is exactly right.

oc

RichK
04-18-07, 03:09 PM
I need to break the law to keep to my schedule too. I wonder if I can get my tickets fixed. I'm really important. Really. And I'm not a public servant. I'm actually the public!

TKGAngel
04-18-07, 03:30 PM
Moving away from the stupidity of the NJ Goverment ;) and back to Imus, Nike's created an ad campaign around the whole controversy.

http://adage.com/article?article_id=116145

Andrew Longman
04-18-07, 05:05 PM
Moving away from the stupidity of the NJ Goverment ;) and back to Imus, Nike's created an ad campaign around the whole controversy.

http://adage.com/article?article_id=116145

And thank you for helping us sell more Nike apparell and helping us raise our brand image from one that uses Asian child labor to produce our overpriced shoes.

One more self serving chest thumping exploitation of these poor woman.

Dirty Sanchez
04-19-07, 01:06 PM
I bet old Imus wishes that va. tech dooder went kamikaze a week earlier. he'd probably still have his gig.