PDA

View Full Version : Posted w/out comment...

rabbit
04-12-07, 09:07 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/speed/articles/0411pirjoeyount-CR.html

Next week's NASCAR Nextel Cup race at Phoenix International Raceway will have some celebrity flair, aside from all the big-name drivers.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio will serve as the Honorary Pace Car Driver for the SUBWAY Fresh Fit 500™ on Saturday, April 21, while Baseball Hall of Fame shortstop and center fielder Robin Yount will serve as the Grand Marshal.

As the Honorary Pace Car Driver, Arpaio will be a part of pre-race ceremonies, including driver introductions at the start/finish line. Once the starting command has been given, Arpaio will lead the field of 43 cars onto PIR’s one-mile oval for pace laps prior to the start of the SUBWAY Fresh Fit 500™.

mexican
04-12-07, 09:35 PM
sounds like we should Google

Don Quixote
04-12-07, 10:13 PM
So lemme see, he is part of the vast NASCAR conspiracy? :irked:

Indy
04-12-07, 10:22 PM
So lemme see, he is part of the vast NASCAR conspiracy? :irked:

I believe it is called the Hilljack Mafia.

eiregosod
04-12-07, 10:29 PM
elections in novembr, elections in november

devilmaster
04-12-07, 10:36 PM
nascar just wants to make sure they can be included in JoeTelevision..... :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
04-12-07, 10:50 PM
I wonder if Kurt Busch will get pulled over on the pace lap? :confused:

ferrarigod
04-12-07, 10:51 PM
Buttering up the cops to shut down the street race?

I don't think this is gonna be Kent State if thats what we're getting at here.

Wabbit
04-12-07, 11:12 PM
And this is on the Champ Car forum because....

cameraman
04-12-07, 11:21 PM
Because he was threatening to shut down the ccws race because it was to noisy.

rabbit
04-13-07, 12:02 AM
And this is on the Champ Car forum because....

Because Deputy Fife was one of the most vocal opponents of the Champ Car race in Phx. You know what they say, if it looks like **** and smells like ****, then it probably ****. So if it looks like a payoff and smells like a payoff, it's probably a payoff. :thumdown:

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 08:23 AM
Because Deputy Fife was one of the most vocal opponents of the Champ Car race in Phx. You know what they say, if it looks like **** and smells like ****, then it probably ****. So if it looks like a payoff and smells like a payoff, it's probably a payoff. :thumdown:

Shows him to be the gomer he is if all he wanted as a payoff was to drive a pace car in front of the crowd. In Jersey they go for something with real lasting value like a no show job with health benefits and a pension or at least a garbage hauling contract

Don Quixote
04-13-07, 10:57 AM
I wonder if there are any spikes in ole Barney's bank account lately.

rabbit
04-13-07, 11:46 AM
http://www.azag.gov/Press_MyTurn/Dec2006.html

Arizona citizens have a right to be confident that public employees are working for them – not putting personal considerations ahead of the public interest. Arizona law places a bright line between personal gain and public good. The Arizona Supreme Court has written, "It is, we believe, accepted without dissent that public officers must have no personal interest in transactions with the government which they represent." Our laws properly reflect the importance of not allowing a public employee’s personal advantage to influence official decisions. It is not necessary to actually take money to violate the law in Arizona – an intention to personally benefit, or to use public resources as if they were personal property, could constitute a violation of law.

Ozarkian
04-13-07, 12:28 PM
I wonder if there are any spikes in ole Barney's bank account lately.

Or another tank in the county's motor vehicle pool ...

Gangrel
04-13-07, 12:31 PM
http://www.azag.gov/Press_MyTurn/Dec2006.html

I think I smell a letter-writing campaign in the works.... :D

Andrew Longman
04-13-07, 12:54 PM
Or another tank in the county's motor vehicle pool ...

Maybe the tank is the pace car.