PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Michael Waltrip done crashed his road car cletus

Audi_A4
04-10-07, 09:47 PM
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/11607175/detail.html
got drunk .... ummmm fell asleep at the wheel. :tony:

Redwing
04-11-07, 12:46 AM
Yeah, I always fall asleep at the wheel around last call too....

Andrew Longman
04-11-07, 05:44 AM
Molly's Backbone Road in Catawba County ?

You just can't make that stuff up.

Not having a good year. Around here that's likely to be a 3 month suspension. He'll probably get some consideration since he raises money for charity and all. Glad they pointed that out in the article. And I'm glad he's given me a lesson to learn from. I'll be on my game the next time I get behind the wheel.

Elmo T
04-11-07, 07:43 AM
Did he thank his sponsors in his statement to the PD? ;)

Andrew Longman
04-11-07, 09:54 AM
Did he thank his sponsors in his statement to the PD? ;)

He did not say, "The Toyota truck was good tonight but I just got it a little loose in the gravel", but notice he did have his NAPA hat on for the TV interview.

Cripes, what a puff piece.

"Being an experienced racer he instinctively got out of the car (and left the scene)"

I thought that's what every drunk driver instinctively does when they drive off the road.

No questions about where he was coming from or why he didn't answer the door when the cops came to his house right after the accident.

TorontoWorker
04-11-07, 10:25 AM
He did not say, "The Toyota truck was good tonight but I just got it a little loose in the gravel", but notice he did have his NAPA hat on for the TV interview.

Cripes, what a puff piece.

"Being an experienced racer he instinctively got out of the car (and left the scene)"

I thought that's what every drunk driver instinctively does when they drive off the road.

No questions about where he was coming from or why he didn't answer the door when the cops came to his house right after the accident.

He'll get a plea to a minor charge, pay a fine and all will be right with the world.

Now if you or I we're involved... The event that we had just attended the night of the crash would be checked out and staff of event would be interviewed (How much did he drink?) and, well you know the drill - jail. But thats just for the little people. Wonder where Buffy was during all this door knocking? "Just stay under the covers dear..." ;)

Opposite Lock
04-11-07, 11:21 AM
What good is having the Aarons Dream Machine if you can't catch a little shut-eye in it? :gomer:

Accipiter
04-11-07, 11:40 AM
What will his daughter say?

Chief
04-11-07, 05:36 PM
They oughta get F.Lee on a stipend because that's all they are doin'. Brian France drops his COKE and FLEES, the real dumb Waltrip sleepwrecks and FLEES. What the HELL are they fleeing from? Stupidity? Intoxication? Sleepwrecking? Hell, I'm gonna get me a Toyoter 'cause you stand the best chance of surviving a good FLEEING in it.

RichK
04-11-07, 05:39 PM
What will his daughter say?

:laugh:

Rob
04-11-07, 07:26 PM
You know you've had a bad year when you have more points on your driver's license than your Nextel Cup championship total.

TRANSAM
04-11-07, 07:32 PM
Must have been drinking rocket fuel.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-waltripaccident&prov=ap&type=lgns

extramundane
04-11-07, 08:40 PM
They oughta get F.Lee on a stipend because that's all they are doin'. Brian France drops his COKE and FLEES, the real dumb Waltrip sleepwrecks and FLEES. What the HELL are they fleeing from? Stupidity? Intoxication? Sleepwrecking? Hell, I'm gonna get me a Toyoter 'cause you stand the best chance of surviving a good FLEEING in it.

Some other NASCAR driver did a drunk wreck-and-run a year or two ago. Can't remember who it was, but it was all over the news here. I think they nailed his woman for obstruction too, because she hid him under the bed or something.

But at least he copped to the charges eventually. No "fatigue" defense for him.

theunions
04-11-07, 09:53 PM
Some other NASCAR driver did a drunk wreck-and-run a year or two ago. Can't remember who it was, but it was all over the news here. I think they nailed his woman for obstruction too, because she hid him under the bed or something.

But at least he copped to the charges eventually. No "fatigue" defense for him.

Scott Wimmer - actually rolled his truck and tore a wheel off IIRC.

pchall
04-11-07, 10:05 PM
Back in 1990 Rob Moroso killed himself and the driver of another car.

JohnHKart
04-12-07, 03:15 AM
Back in 1990 Rob Moroso killed himself and the driver of another car.

Yep, drunk driving. We might have been seeing Rob and Jeff Gordon duke it out. A terrible tragedy.

JH

spinner26
04-12-07, 09:51 AM
Lucky S.O.B.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/slideshows/0411-waltrip/manual/01.htm :saywhat:

Chief
04-12-07, 10:19 AM
Wait, witnesses saw this happen....he's extracts himself and walks away? It's not against the law to fall asleep when driving, is it?:rofl:

I think this is a NASCAR conspiracy to take Toyota down, Bubba France and this dimwit both were driving Toyota products. Good o'l American cars they were.....prolly listening to LyNaRd SkYnarD too. ....oak tree you're in my waay....

RTKar
04-12-07, 10:57 AM
"Something broke what makes it go"

(a classic Waltrip line)

Rogue Leader
04-12-07, 05:56 PM
Lucky S.O.B.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/slideshows/0411-waltrip/manual/01.htm :saywhat:

He had to be drunk to be able to walk away from that.

Brian_R
04-12-07, 06:38 PM
He had to be drunk to be able to walk away from that.

You forgot that he's a human airbag :tony:

TKGAngel
04-12-07, 08:31 PM
``I didn't know what to say or what to do. He had a T-shirt and sweat pants and socks on, he might have taken his shoes off in the car, but I wasn't sure. And he just turned around and started walking home in his socks.''

The above just sounds...odd.

Rumor on another board also has it that Buffy was out of town when this happened. For a guy that prides himself on being a family man, its a little suspicious that the Mrs. is out of town on a holiday weekend.

RichK
04-12-07, 08:35 PM
"Something broke what makes it go"

(a classic Waltrip line)

:laugh:

http://www.rob-clarkson.com/duff-brewery/cletus/04.jpg

Indy
04-12-07, 10:24 PM
That Land Cruiser did not hold up very well. Very lucky.

Jervis Tetch 1
04-14-07, 08:11 PM
:rofl:

Wally
04-14-07, 09:23 PM
So did sauce boy make the show this week?

Sean O'Gorman
04-14-07, 10:09 PM
Qualifying rained out.

Wally
04-14-07, 10:56 PM
Qualifying rained out.

So I assume that means he goes to the spring dance with dinger as his date?

extramundane
04-14-07, 11:01 PM
So I assume that means he goes to the spring dance with dinger as his date?

Did Not Qualify
44 00 David Reutimann* Toyota Domino's Pizza
45 36 Jeremy Mayfield Toyota 360 OTC
46 37 John Andretti Dodge Camping World/ RVs.com
47 84 A.J. Allmendinger* Toyota Red Bull
48 55 Michael Waltrip Toyota NAPA Auto Parts

Foyt could only hope to be this futile! :gomer:

Jag_Warrior
04-15-07, 12:43 PM
You know you've had a bad year when you have more points on your driver's license than your Nextel Cup championship total.

Aye! That's gonna leave a bruise. :laugh:

diamond dave
04-16-07, 02:53 AM

:laugh: :rofl: :laugh: