PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Grand Prix Race Notes

pressdog
04-09-07, 10:15 AM
Ah, yeeeaaaaah. We're going to go ahead and have six cars on the lead lap and about five to seven parked. This is only making Bourdais more angry, you know. Long Beach will be highly interesting.

http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/2007/04/notes_from_the__1.html

DagoFast
04-09-07, 11:48 AM
Cars go into the tunnel, which is just after the slalom chicane. Looks like the Abutment of Death to me. I'd sure like to go into that tunnel about 95 with Paul Tracy beside mee. Right tunnel to pit, left tunnel to stay out.

Glad somebody else see's that besides me.

Lap 45 -- Power pits. Power knocks down his left front changer. Pulled in a little close and popped him over. What they? Guy recovers. Luckily it takes about five minutes to fill these cars, so the tire changer can take his time. Maybe even have a beer while he waits. I can get a full tank in the minivan at the 7-11 using my credit card at the pump faster than they can fill one of these cars.

:D :thumbup:

nrc
04-09-07, 11:56 AM
I suspect the chicane is one lane specifically to avoid any side by side going nito the tunnel. Ultimately is it any worse than the end of the pit wall at your average oval?

Racing Truth
04-09-07, 01:33 PM
Weber -- "You guys were both rookies before you were veterans."

:rofl: :rofl: My God, that's BRILLIANT, Bill!

Fellow Clevelanders know what I mean when I'd expect that "commentary" from Austin Carr or Rick Manning.:laugh: