PDA

View Full Version : This is the real deal!

pchall
04-06-07, 07:43 PM
A street course with a 110 mph lap!

Damn. I wish I could be there to see it in person.

Warlock!
04-06-07, 07:47 PM
Damn. I wish I could be there to see it in person.
Maybe next year it won't be on Easter weekend. If not, I'll buy the first six rounds for us when we go see the Girls of Glitter Gulch.

:D

pchall
04-06-07, 07:49 PM
Maybe next year it won't be on Easter weekend. If not, I'll buy the first six rounds for us when we go see the Girls of Glitter Gulch.

:D

Bring on the tequila and the strippers!

Portland Info
04-06-07, 07:54 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2007/By400/20070406P_0045.jpg

gpflepsen
04-06-07, 08:39 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2007/By400/20070406P_0045.jpg

No need to 'shop that, though the possibilities are pretty interesting. :eek:

Vegas somehow gets there reality to meet our fantasies.

oddlycalm
04-07-07, 08:55 PM
Vegas somehow gets there reality to meet our fantasies. Um, yeah, that's pretty much always been the operating premise for Vegas on all levels...:D :thumbup:

Nice to see that after all the fear and loathing that the track is the real deal.

oc

G.
04-07-07, 09:58 PM
I am VERY impressed on all levels. KK knows how to throw a party!

The paddocks are airconditioned tents. Hospitality is full. Haven't seen that in a while.:(

Lots of swag and giveaways. Cooled off while playing Playstation.:thumbup:

There is a TON of money being spent on this. Miles of fences, grandstands, shuttles (until 4 AM ;) ), concerts.

Really, a great strret pArty.

dando
04-07-07, 10:35 PM
I am VERY impressed on all levels. KK knows how to throw a party!

The paddocks are airconditioned tents. Hospitality is full. Haven't seen that in a while.

Lots of swag and giveaways. Cooled off while playing Playstation.

There is a TON of money being spent on this. Miles of fences, grandstands, shuttles (until 4 AM), concerts.

But what about the volleyball? :gomer:

Glad yer enjoying. :thumbup: I'm jealous. :(

-Kevin

devilmaster
04-07-07, 10:57 PM
Nice to see that after all the fear and loathing that the track is the real deal.
oc

Then I'll be the grump and say it. I got to watch the quals today on RD and enjoyed it, but i'm still pizzed that they can only get 17 cars on the track. That some of these new drivers are portrayed as the greatest thing since sliced bread. And i'm also pissed that apparently because of that, sliced bread now costs 2 million bucks.

To put a simple point on it - don't promise what you can't deliver, and deliver everything you promised. If you stand up on a podium and say Gelles is a new team, better make sure Gelles is on the CC pit lane come the first race. You promise 20 cars, make sure you got 20 cars. Or else, IMHO, you deserve the criticism you get.

It looks like a racy track and i'm happy bout that. I say that with the caveat that hopefully the promoters have the money and want to keep doing this for many years. Cause when the Centrix money ran out, bye bye Denver. When IMG got bored, bye bye Detroit and almost bye bye Cleveland.

The glass is half empty. Cause i'm drinking the beer in it.

It could be a good start to a good year - hope they can work it over the summer to make it better.

TravelGal
04-08-07, 01:06 AM
dm, have some more beer and come back when you are happier. :gomer: That is, pick your spots to complain. This ain't one of them.

coolhand
04-08-07, 04:25 AM

Is this one of those parties where a race breaks out

Insomniac
04-08-07, 10:32 AM
devilmaster: While they're all good points, they've been discussed ad nauseum. The racing is finally here. Sit back and enjoy man! :D

opinionated ow
04-08-07, 11:11 AM
is this finally a decent street circuit? if so, the irony is amazing. for years champ car feeds us crap street circuits on our FTA coverage. The year they create a decent street circuit and they don't show it. man i love irony

Jag_Warrior
04-08-07, 12:57 PM
is this finally a decent street circuit? if so, the irony is amazing. for years champ car feeds us crap street circuits on our FTA coverage. The year they create a decent street circuit and they don't show it. man i love irony

Generally, I agree, as I'm no great fan of street racing. But you didn't care for Denver? And this one looks very good.

opinionated ow
04-09-07, 08:32 AM
Generally, I agree, as I'm no great fan of street racing. But you didn't care for Denver? And this one looks very good.

denver was second on my list of races i would bury if i was incharge, after san jose. ytou can replace denver this year with phoenix. there is one good racetrack in phoenix and we arent using it...

Andrew Longman
04-09-07, 09:00 AM
From AP:

Race president Jim Freudenberg said he doesn't expect to change the track for next year's race, only to add more grandstands near the course.

Although the grandstands looked to be only about half full, race officials said they stopped selling seats more than two hours before the green flag dropped. Thousands more watched from street level at no charge, or from hotel rooms near the circuit.

"This thing turned out to be actually over-the-top from what I would have considered acceptable for the first year," race co-owner Dale Jensen said. "I can't tell you how ecstatic I am about how this thing turned out."

That probably by far the most important thing. If the stakeholders are happy then the other pieces fall into place.