PDA

View Full Version : For the first 3 races....

Spicoli
04-05-07, 06:37 AM
wtf is this all about?

Pacific Coast Motorsports is pleased to announce their partnership with Imperial Capital Bank as the primary sponsor of Alex Figge's #29 Imperial Capital Bank/DP01 Champ Car at the first three races of the 2007 Champ Car World Series season.

Halliday, who tested with the Indianapolis-based squad last month at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and who drove for the team back in 2001, when they were competing in the Indy Lights Championship, will take part in the first three events of the season starting at this weekend's inaugural Vegas Grand Prix

Forsythe Championship Racing is proud to announce that it has secured the services of veteran Mexican Champ Car Driver Mario Dominguez to pilot the #7 Telmex/INDECK Cosworth/Bridgestone/DP01 for the first three rounds of the 2007 Champ Car World Series.

There was another I can;t remember (its early), but what is going on?:confused: They really gonna go on hiatus until mid June @ Portland?

RusH
04-05-07, 07:39 AM
Don`t worry,,,,, there will be announcements a few days before the fourth event,,,,,,:gomer:

Spicoli
04-05-07, 07:52 AM
{Ken}

3 race super series!

[/Ken}

:rofl:

(apologies to Ken, but it just rolled that way buddy. :D )

emjaya
04-05-07, 08:14 AM
Maybe rosco's right.......

:llama:

Insomniac
04-05-07, 08:58 AM
wtf is this all about?

There was another I can;t remember (its early), but what is going on?:confused: They really gonna go on hiatus until mid June @ Portland?

My guess is a kind of tryout deal with the sponsors. They may be getting them to commit to 3 events and see if they want to continue. Maybe the prospect of all or none was scaring sponsors away. If you recall, CDW started out as a couple race deal and then became full time. So, I guess if any of us are inclined to support their sponsor, we should also take the time to let them know why.

The hiatus, that's true. China was the only race in May and they moved it to be with Surfers.

Spicoli
04-05-07, 09:31 AM
The hiatus, that's true. China was the only race in May and they moved it to be with Surfers.

Website still says its on for May. :gomer:

And no official announcement yet either. :bush:

rabbit
04-05-07, 09:32 AM

And, according to Spyplanes, ESPN is running promos for it. :saywhat:

spinner26
04-05-07, 09:39 AM
Tony is getting his funds together to take out the competition, rumored to be after the third race of the CC season.

gotta go now!.............................................. ...........

Insomniac
04-05-07, 09:59 AM

Heh, I thought it was a done deal.

Spicoli
04-05-07, 11:46 AM
Heh, I thought it was a done deal.

I think this all comes down to who you listen to, where they said it, when they said it, under what conditions they said it, and what their BAC level was/is.

As we say at the office "the situation is fluid". :p

:clubracing:

Easy
04-05-07, 11:51 AM

Yeah but SCCA schedules are more reliable than Champ Car's.

Insomniac
04-05-07, 02:10 PM
I think this all comes down to who you listen to, where they said it, when they said it, under what conditions they said it, and what their BAC level was/is.

As we say at the office "the situation is fluid". :p

Even the countdown clock at the Zuhai International Circuit web site is counting down to the event after CC is supposed to race.

http://www.zic.com.cn/zicen/index.php

http://www.zic.com.cn/zicen/calendar.php?sectionid=19

SurfaceUnits
04-05-07, 02:40 PM
can't be scheduled around the Gold Coast Indy because Zhuhai is booked the weekends before and after Surfers. Is Tony using the bonanza of funds from Hoestead and st pete? He still doesn't have the right currency.

Insomniac
04-05-07, 03:15 PM
can't be scheduled around the Gold Coast Indy because Zhuhai is booked the weekends before and after Surfers. Is Tony using the bonanza of funds from Hoestead and st pete? He still doesn't have the right currency.

They could go 2 weeks before. Still has to be more cost effective to stay an extra week (plus it seems like the drivers like going to Australia early anyway) than go to the Pacific twice.

FTG
04-05-07, 04:04 PM
The coffee guy believes he knows whats up. Be funny if all the losers at that other site were better informed than all the cool people here.

cart7
04-05-07, 07:36 PM
All these questions could be easily answered with another webcast, "MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!".

:gomer:

TravelGal
04-05-07, 08:25 PM
The coffee guy believes he knows whats up. Be funny if all the losers at that other site were better informed than all the cool people here.

:eek: DjDrOMusic is a terrific guy. Entertaining in all ways. The Coffee Shop is always worth a read.

Warlock!
04-05-07, 08:46 PM
They could be better informed, cooler, be better looking, the gals have bigger boobs, and be richer... but they still have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We win.

:D

Cam
04-05-07, 09:09 PM
They could be better informed, cooler, be better looking, the gals have bigger boobs, and be richer... but they still have,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We win.

w00t! :D

RHR_Fan
04-05-07, 09:18 PM

We win.

Oh snap!

Y'all are still my faves. :)

tantra
04-05-07, 09:27 PM
A bit of divergence, but I did take note that they seem to forgotten (or dismissed) one particular OW series.

http://www.zic.com.cn/zicen/motorsport101.php?sectionid=15&catid=36&id=50