PDA

View Full Version : New look for CCWS website

rabbit
04-05-07, 12:45 AM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/FrontPage.asp

Much cleaner looking and easier to peruse, IMO. :thumbup:

TravelGal
04-05-07, 01:08 AM
Holy cr@p, when did that happen? I swear I looked at it late today. I go out to dinner and the whole world changes.

Completely agree that is much easier on the eyes. Just wish it weren't on the left 2/3 of my screen.

rabbit
04-05-07, 01:18 AM
I take it back. The photo galleries (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Event/EventPhotos.asp?EventID=590) are awful. They put a huge Multimedia menu at the top of the page, so if you want to go through the gallery pic-by-pic you have to scroll down, click, scroll down, click, scroll down, click (repeat ad nauseum). :thumdown:

nz_climber
04-05-07, 04:25 AM
the parts I have seen look better.. haven't seen the galleries thou, I did however sign up for RD (now i have almost fast internet!) and watched last years surfers race, even with all the doom and gloom, I am looking forward to actually watching the racing this weekend. (first time in ages I will get to see a race!)

nrc
04-05-07, 09:43 AM
I take it back. The photo galleries (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Event/EventPhotos.asp?EventID=590) are awful. They put a huge Multimedia menu at the top of the page, so if you want to go through the gallery pic-by-pic you have to scroll down, click, scroll down, click, scroll down, click (repeat ad nauseum). :thumdown:

Wow. The site overall is a vast improvement but the photo gallaries are one of the dumbest implementations I've seen in ages. :irked:

Wheel-Nut
04-05-07, 09:46 AM
Did the old site have a classmates.com banner?

Accipiter
04-05-07, 10:50 AM
Much cleaner looking and easier to peruse, IMO. :thumbup:

Looks to me like they just rearranged the mess.

DagoFast
04-05-07, 10:57 AM

ditto.

Andrew Longman
04-05-07, 11:23 AM

The same is true for the results page.

Looks better but doesn't work better.

Glad I don't go there much. Perhaps they'll listen to feedback and tweek it

Opposite Lock
04-05-07, 11:28 AM

yup. :(

gromit
04-05-07, 11:32 AM
I think photo gallery is about the same as it was. Overall, the new look is fine. Not stunning or anything. There are more ads on the site which is not great from a user perspective, but this is presumably good for the series' bottom line.

Fitti Fan
04-05-07, 11:33 AM
Yes, just smeared it around a bit.

Good news is that after months of not checking in to any CC news, I did take a look at the site and found out there's a race this weekend?

Does anyone else know?

Opposite Lock
04-05-07, 11:39 AM
Perhaps they'll listen to feedback

Why start now? They listen to ,,,,boi. (And as I told Kevin, everything is marvelous as I behold on this eve optimism of another my 43th racing season, all the doomsayers cannot grasp my thrill crazy.)

Racing Truth
04-05-07, 11:56 AM
Why start now? They listen to ,,,,boi. (And as I told Kevin, everything is marvelous as I behold on this eve optimism of another my 43th racing season, all the doomsayers cannot grasp my thrill crazy.)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Insomniac
04-05-07, 12:35 PM
Wow. The site overall is a vast improvement but the photo gallaries are one of the dumbest implementations I've seen in ages. :irked:

I don't understand why so many people want re-invent the wheel. There are so many free, good gallery web applications out there.

Spicoli
04-05-07, 01:03 PM
I have the fuggin volume up as loud as it can go and i cannot even hear the KK interview with that prick Gagnon. :irked:

they can;t even get that right.:shakehead

chop456
04-05-07, 01:13 PM

Funniest post in a while. :laugh:

TravelGal
04-05-07, 01:32 PM
Agreed. Funny. But as I posted elsewhere, I still get choked up and even teary when I hear the first sound of those turbos. I admit, when you're at a race, nothing else matters. As long as they hold THIS race, the one you're at, the rest can take care of themselves.

Back to the website, I did find it easier to navigate and nicer to look at, which is a nice thing since it will no doubt be the next Ice Age before they revise it again.

TKGAngel
04-05-07, 02:56 PM
The same is true for the results page.

Same with the schedule page.

OT: I found the event schedule for Cleveland, and drag racing is now on the schedule. Did I miss an announcement about support series? :confused:

dando
04-05-07, 03:14 PM
In my line of work, we call that putting lipstick on the pig. :) :saywhat:

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
04-05-07, 04:01 PM
^^ afraid to ask. . . . what line of work are you in?

Sean O'Gorman
04-05-07, 05:52 PM
He works at a bacon-processing plant.

rabbit
04-05-07, 07:18 PM
^^ afraid to ask. . . . what line of work are you in?

Sarah Fisher's makeup artist?