PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones on airplanes

KLang
04-04-07, 10:13 AM
Sanity prevails for now! :cool:

FCC says 'no' to cell phones on planes (http://www.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/04/03/cell.phones.airplanes.ap/index.html)

I'm not a violent person but being stuck on an airplane for hours listening to people around me 'chat' on the phone would have put me over the edge. :cry:

nrc
04-04-07, 10:52 AM
Somehow I don't think that's their reasoning but it's a good point none the less. :)

Andrew Longman
04-04-07, 12:38 PM
One of the best things about Amtrak is they have quite cars where cell phone use in nearly punishable by death. Brilliant idea made by a female conductor tired of breaking up fights. If the FCC had ruled otherwise I think the air marshalls would have been taking down a few crazed business travelers.

Sorta related... My brother once boarded a train in New London, CT for DC at about 2 am. The woman behind him talked all night on her cell phone about the new cell phone she just bought. Who she was talking too I have no idea.

It was all he could do to not throw her and/or her new phone off the train.

JohnHKart
04-05-07, 09:05 PM
Thanks for updating, I didn't know the outcome of this. I only fly a few times a year, but agree, this would make me go insane. I'm going to Germany this summer and would hate the thought of a 12 hour flight with that going on. It's bad enough that now I can't even bring a substantial amount of water on.

JH

Ratattack
04-05-07, 10:53 PM
I can't stand listening to kids rant on a plane, but listening to someone rant on a cell phone..

No Thank You..:shakehead

WickerBill
04-06-07, 12:05 AM
On my flight from Singapore to Hong Kong this morning, this dude across from me was hiding his blackberry and using it whenever an attendant wasn't looking... through takeoff, and until he couldn't get a signal over the South China Sea. You just know that guy would be talking the entire flight if he could.

Ticked me off.