PDA

View Full Version : 800 million new fans!

KLang
04-03-07, 05:09 PM
Well, kinda. ;)

China TV coverage (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=11376)

tantra
04-03-07, 11:00 PM
I'm putting that one in the 'major announcement' and 'great step forward' file.
Coverage and broadcast in those cities alone dwarfs ESPN distribution.
And now that the Chinese have gone crazy over new automobiles, the potential for a fan base there, compared to that in the U.S., is unlimited.

Spicoli
04-03-07, 11:08 PM
a mjaor,,,breakthrough,,,thanks Kev!

Insomniac
04-03-07, 11:43 PM
It has potential for sure. It's a good thing, but we need to see how the Chinese interest is before getting too excited.

emjaya
04-04-07, 08:24 AM
I got this from the 42 Below Vodka site.

China

1. Everything is possible in China.
2. Nothing is easy.
3. Patience is the essence of success.
4. "Yes" is not an indication of agreement.
5. "You don't understand our country" means they disagree. Be careful.
6. "No problem" means a BIG problem.
8. When you're feeling optimistic think about rule number 2.
9. If they say "you know China very well" scream "NO I DON'T" - otherwise they'll show you you don't.

:)

Andrew Longman
04-04-07, 08:47 AM
If this brings another car, team or sponsor I'm all for it. But I also don't want CCWS to be one more thing the Chinese are taking over either. For a series struggling for success and an identity, they really need to work on their so call brand of "the North American interpation of formula racing".

KLang
04-04-07, 10:09 AM
It has potential for sure. It's a good thing, but we need to see how the Chinese interest is before getting too excited.

Agree, definitely has potential. Too bad this wasn't in place for this year. It will be interesting to see what impact, if any, it has on 2008. Provided of course the event takes place as planned.