PDA

View Full Version : Free Friday at Long Beach

Andrew Longman
04-03-07, 12:25 PM
If you are so inclined...

A friend sent me this:

http://www22.verizon.com/FiOSForHome/Channels/FiOS/popup_Grandprix.html?LOBCode=C&PromoTCode=FGP01&PromoSrcCode=P&POEId=TL1SP

TravelGal
04-03-07, 02:17 PM
I nearly had a breakdown looking for Free Friday stuff. Then I found that link. Then YESTERDAY in the mail I got a beautiful full-color advertising piece from Verizon that had a coupon for two free admissions. Nice work Verizon. :thumbup:

greenie
04-03-07, 08:15 PM
A couple things about the Friday freebies:

1) You can always get them from the Press-Telegram - there is a coupon in the Friday paper and there are racks right outside the track; and

2) If you are going GA (like I do always now), the three day pass gets you in on Fri (duh :p ), but you won't have to wait in the line to redeem the free pass and get a real ticket. There are no 2 day GA passes - so you can't couple a Friday freebie w/that (and it is more expensive to buy GA for Sat and Sunday separately than a 3 day pass).

TravelGal
04-03-07, 09:02 PM
Never knew the papers were available outside the track. Good info Greenie.

My order form says:
Fri GA $25
Sat GA $40
3-day General Admission $65

So, it's a royal pain but the cheapest is to use the Friday Freebie and pay for Saturday--assuming you buy a decent seat for Sunday. If you're a wanderer like Greenie, best to do the three day route because Sunday alone is $50!!