PDA

View Full Version : two wounded in my neighborhood

G.
04-02-07, 11:40 PM
Great. Take the day off work, having fun with the kids after school, getting ready for Vegas, etc.

Oldest g. comes home, "school was fine", "guess what? We saw a car crash!"

He described the crash, single white car, off the road, up a hill, but didn't hit the houses, Three car doors open, no other cars, etc., etc.

That car crash was caused by bullets.

2 wounded in suburban car chase, shooting

Tribune staff report
Published April 2, 2007, 7:11 PM CDT

Two people were wounded Monday afternoon in an altercation that included a bizarre car chase through the quiet streets of a Lake in the Hills subdivision in McHenry County, according to authorities and witnesses.

A 61-year-old woman was found injured around 3:20 p.m. with a head wound in a white Ford Taurus that crashed near Miller and Haligus Roads, said Capt. John Winkelman, of the Huntley Fire Protection District.

She was flown by Flight for Life helicopter to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge in what appeared to be stable condition, Winkelman said.

About 10 minutes later, paramedics responded to a car parked along Haligus near Scott Drive, about a mile south of Miller, where they found a 66-year-old man with a wound to the left chest, Winkelman said. He was taken by ambulance to Centegra Memorial Medical Center in Woodstock, he said.

shooting (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-070402lake-hills,1,6315609.story?coll=chi-newsroom-hed)

It appears that he did NOT see it unfold, as I first thought. He said that there was another crash as well, that they detoured his bus. That was the shooter.

This is less than 2 blocks from my house. I heard nothing. Saw the helicopter, assumed we had another single-car gripper situation, not a shooting.

Little boy drowns, heart attack victim crashes into a bus killing mom and himself leaving two now-orphans, and now this.

Is this sleepy little subdivision built on a ****ing Indian burial ground or something?!!!!? ****!!!!!!

TRANSAM
04-03-07, 01:28 AM
Years ago,a block from my house, the first fatal shooting of a Canadian woman police officer happened.Quiet suburb,very little traffic,rare to have crime in the area.

You just never know.....

chop456
04-03-07, 01:29 AM
I thought you lived around Naperville for some reason. Could it be that I've been drinking every time I've seen you? :tony:

Glad everyone's o.k, anyway.

The closest appropriate trauma center was in Park Ridge? :saywhat:

Andrew Longman
04-03-07, 08:43 AM
61 year old woman and 66 year old man? Both shot?

Doesn't sound like road rage. Sounds like domestic dispute hits the streets. 2-1 there was a restraining order involved. Or should have been.

Glad your loved ones are safe.

G.
04-03-07, 10:18 AM
Domestic. Glad it wasn't a road-rage thing or random in some fasion, but sux the same.

A woman in our Cub Scout Pack saw it happen, but didn't realize what she was seeing. She saw the car swerving around the cop car (yeah, he was there, but didn't see it; caught the aftermath) and avoid the mom walking with her kids in a wagon.

Three high school kids saw the whole thing.

Restraining order filed March 22nd. Guess it didn't work.:(

Can't wait to hear the stories from school today. You can't keep this crap from the g's.

She was flown by helicopter to Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, where she was in critical condition about 8 p.m., Wales said.

"We're hoping she's going to make it so we have an opportunity to talk to her," he said.

Wales said Johncours had obtained an order of protection against the relative on March 22. Charges are pending against him but had not been filed Monday night, Wales said.

A Lake in the Hills police officer patrolling near Miller and Haligus saw Johncours lose control of her vehicle, Wales said. The officer found her bleeding and unresponsive.

Witnesses told the officer about the second vehicle and gunshots, Wales said. The officer radioed a description of the second vehicle to other units, and about 3:30 p.m. a Huntley squad car stopped the relative near Haligus and Scott Drive, about a mile away, Wales said.

Wales said the man "apparently shot himself" but would not say whether the Huntley officer saw him do it.

link (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/west/chi-0704020607apr03,1,2497140.story)

Chop: No Naperville. I live west. As west as west can be. When Illinois runs out of west, I'm a bit further west than that.
(really north-central Il)
Park Ridge does the head wounds, sometimes Northwestern (in Chi). Non-head wounds go to Rockford from here.

This is really a tight little community. We're kind of at the end of suburbian civilization (the west end:gomer: ). Everybody knows each other and everybody talks, which is cool in this day and age. This crap ain't supposed to happen here.

Ankf00
04-03-07, 10:32 AM
Unfortunately, it happens anywhere. :\

The latest Clear Lake perp: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/4682934.html

dando
04-03-07, 11:00 AM
Our day in Cbus yesterday:

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2007-04-02-0011.html

We made the national news! :saywhat: :(

-Kevin

KLang
04-03-07, 11:14 AM
Glad to read all the g's are OK.

No place completely safe these days. :(

extramundane
04-03-07, 11:23 AM
Domestic. Glad it wasn't a road-rage thing or random in some fasion, but sux the same.

I used to live within shouting distance of the biggest neighborhood-turned-shooting range this city has to offer, where people were getting popped every week or so. It always soothed my nerves a bit to hear when it was a premeditated or domestic dispute, rather than random gunfire, but yeah, it's never fun when that stuff hits close to home. Sorry the kids had to witness that!

TKGAngel
04-03-07, 11:28 AM
We made the national news! :saywhat: :( - Kevin

So did we for awhile last night. A national Amber Alert was issued when a 4 year-old girl was taken from her home. A friend of the family stopped over unexpectedly and asked to use the restroom. A few minutes passed, and the girl's grandmother noticed both the gentlemen and the little girl were gone.

The story at least had a happy ending when the girl and her family were reunited about 4 hours later. The abductor was caught and is in court right now.