PDA

View Full Version : New wrinkle on early daylight savings time

TravelGal
04-02-07, 11:18 AM
Woke up this morning and noticed that the VCR that automatically sets the time itself had advanced itself an hour. Probably over Saturday night. Means we missed one of things we thought we taped on Sunday night since we just noticed it.

Those who still use VCR's might like to check the time on them.

Before ya'll start ragging on me, we do use Tivo also. Sometimes we're recording and watching more than the Tivo can handle so we still use VCR's also.

TKGAngel
04-02-07, 11:49 AM
The same thing happened here. I just thought it was from a reset after a power surge the other day.

dando
04-02-07, 12:10 PM
Woke up this morning and noticed that the VCR that automatically sets the time itself had advanced itself an hour. Probably over Saturday night. Means we missed one of things we thought we taped on Sunday night since we just noticed it.

Those who still use VCR's might like to check the time on them.

Before ya'll start ragging on me, we do use Tivo also. Sometimes we're recording and watching more than the Tivo can handle so we still use VCR's also.

Too late.

http://www.cs.usm.maine.edu/~welty/cos368/topics/vcr.gif

:gomer: ;)

Daddy just ordered his first DVD recorder today. First-time w00t purchase to boot! :)

-Kevin

Rob
04-02-07, 12:46 PM
I woke up to a strange sight yesterday morning. My VCR said 10:30, my cable box said 9:30 and my stereo clock said 8:30, all stacked one above the other. That's because I never bothered to change my stereo clock, my cable box automatically moved ahead an hour when it was supposed to, and the VCR waited to jump ahead until yesterday after I had changed it manually a few weeks ago.

devilmaster
04-02-07, 12:47 PM
I woke up to a strange sight yesterday morning. My VCR said 10:30, my cable box said 9:30 and my stereo clock said 8:30, all stacked one above the other.

At that point, my response would have been 'back to bed it is!'

Sean O'Gorman
04-02-07, 12:51 PM
Hmm. Guess I was the only one smart enough to turn off DST on my VCR (clock).

devilmaster
04-02-07, 01:22 PM

Yer my hero.

You might truly have been the only one smart enough to do that, yet you're the only one dumb enough to be proud of it. :gomer:

G.
04-02-07, 01:28 PM
Yer my hero.

You might truly have been the only one smart enough to do that, yet you're the only one dumb enough to be proud of it. :gomer:

:rofl: :rofl: :laugh:

Wheel-Nut
04-02-07, 01:46 PM
^^^ Ditto! :rofl: :laugh:

ChampcarShark
04-02-07, 04:30 PM
http://www.cs.usm.maine.edu/~welty/cos368/topics/vcr.gif

-Kevin

Hey, I use one of those too...

Ankf00
04-02-07, 05:02 PM

so that's what they taught you at CSU. :tony:

Wabbit
04-02-07, 05:03 PM
I thought VCR's were designed to flash "12:00". :confused: