PDA

View Full Version : Trampolines....

TRDfan
04-01-07, 12:03 PM
We promised the boys we'd get a trampoline this spring, and now questions
are coming up.

What is the best size ?
Any features or styles to look for or avoid ?

Any input would be great.

chop456
04-01-07, 12:14 PM
A $5,000,000 umbrella endorsement on your homeowners policy would be a good place to start. That or a no friends allowed rule.

I wish I was joking.

Sean O'Gorman
04-01-07, 12:45 PM
A $5,000,000 umbrella endorsement on your homeowners policy would be a good place to start. That or a no friends allowed rule.

I wish I was joking.

I wish he was too.

Just say no to the trampoline. Don't be that parent who paralyzed the neighbor kid.

rosawendel
04-01-07, 04:20 PM
Tramampoline! Trambopoline!

chop456
04-01-07, 04:39 PM
Tramampoline! Trambopoline!

"I SAID ha ha."

emjaya
04-01-07, 04:56 PM
Get the round one with the walls, so the little b'tards don't fall off every other day, like my idiot offpring is prone to do."Watch where your bouncing, Chris, not the skyyyy"....crunch. :rolleyes: :mad:

The amount of time I've spent at hospitals and the worry we've had wondering wether he'd permanently damaged a vital part of his anatomy.:eek:

Don't get one at all.That's a better idea. :)

rabbit
04-01-07, 07:05 PM
What chop said. Just make sure you give your neighbors my business card.

Wheel-Nut
04-02-07, 10:07 AM
I guess kids today aren't as tough as we were back in the 70's. My cousins had the rectangle type. Small padding around the frame and that was it. We used to get 3, 4 sometimes 5 kids on that thing at one time. I can't remember any of us getting hurt. Sure we had accidents but you just dusted yourself off and got back on.

RECTANGULAR TRAMPOLINES versus ROUND TRAMPOLINES

When jumping on a rectangular trampoline you get even bounce throughout the entire bed because you are using the springs in the area where you are jumping. On a round trampoline you are using all the springs at once so you are pushed into the center, which inhibits you from using the entire jumping surface.

The rectangular trampoline provides a straight, even rebound. The round trampoline pulls to the center which stiffens or "kills" the rebound.

Round trampolines can be mass produced inexpensively because a circle is inherently strong. Round frames don't require the extra supports necessary for rectangular frames. Be sure and check the gauge steel on a round trampoline as the inexpensive ones are usually around 18 gauge steel, which can bend and break easily.

The number of frame pieces is also very important. Most round trampolines are 20 pieces. The more joints you have the weaker the frame.

Rectangular trampolines are used in most types of training and competition because the quality of the bounce is much better than that of the round trampolines.

http://trampmaster.com/rectvsround.htm

KaBoom21
04-02-07, 10:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjtPkDdvkBU

SteveH
04-02-07, 10:41 AM
I remember when I was a kid, a business opened up at a local shopping plaza that had trampolines. They were built into the ground. Maybe 12 of them. You'd pay so much to jump on them for a certain amount of time. They were all surrounded by asphalt or concrete. :eek: I don't think they were in business very long. :gomer:

devilmaster
04-02-07, 12:04 PM

i was waiting for this post... :laugh:

Andrew Longman
04-02-07, 12:06 PM

Warning! That's pretty sick. Had to break leg and/or destroy ACL, MCL and/or whatever other CLs there are.

As for trampolines, my insurance agent said he would not insure us if we had one. Same category as pitbulls, etc.

Warlock!
04-02-07, 12:14 PM
And the two other dudes just high-tail outta there. :D

chop456
04-02-07, 12:19 PM

And instead of lifting the hanging kid up to take his weight off the leg, he just yanks it out of the hoop. :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
04-02-07, 12:50 PM
I remember when I was a kid, a business opened up at a local shopping plaza that had trampolines. They were built into the ground. Maybe 12 of them. You'd pay so much to jump on them for a certain amount of time. They were all surrounded by asphalt or concrete. :eek: I don't think they were in business very long. :gomer:

I remember going to one of those too, except the year was like 1995.

G.
04-02-07, 01:17 PM
And the two other dudes just high-tail outta there. :DWasn't that standard practice when you were growing up? Your buddy cracks his head open or something, you all yell, "RUN AWAY!" and book outta there. If you didn't run away, you'd prolly get your *** kicked for doing something wrong/stupid. And besides; who want to see their buddy crying like a girly?

Back OT, I'm not terrified of the trampolines, depending on the ages of the kids, but you DO want to keep the neighbors out. Use lots of rules, like only 2 kids at a time, etc. Check with your insurance agent!

Get a catch fence.

Buy tramp based on padding. I'll just leave that sentence as-is.

Consider going with the "Upgrade, Kids! MUCH better than the trampoline!"

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-2875760dt.jpg

Depends on the kids' ages, of course, but you can get some HUGE ones, with waterslides. Check the Costco, Sams, etc.

We have the one in the pic. Inflatable plus basement plus winter = godsend. I'll just leave THAT sentence alone, too.;)

Warlock!
04-02-07, 02:53 PM
Wasn't that standard practice when you were growing up? Your buddy cracks his head open or something, you all yell, "RUN AWAY!" and book outta there. If you didn't run away, you'd prolly get your *** kicked for doing something wrong/stupid.In sixth grade I actually waited for the ambulance to show up. What can I say? He was my best bud and I smeared him even tho he wasn't queer. :D

devilmaster
04-02-07, 03:04 PM
"I SAID ha ha."

OT and all, but wasn't that quote from the backyard pool episode when bart tries to jump off the roof?

Andrew Longman
04-02-07, 03:05 PM

And the chick with the camcorder just laughs at him. I think I might have dropped the camera and come to his aid.:shakehead

Actually I might have counseled against the stunt in the first place.

I'm such a bore:gomer:

TKGAngel
04-02-07, 03:37 PM
Trampoline Bear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebkqxAeBRHE)

So, so wrong, yet so, so funny.

G.
04-02-07, 04:19 PM
I'll try for ya.

Worth it.

needs catch fence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOOJYO807AU)

ChampcarShark
04-02-07, 04:59 PM
I vote for no trampoline at all.

My son suffers from severe chronic stomach pains after a session of a couple hours on a trampoline.

Now he can not exercise hard enough cause we need to take him to he doctor for his stomach pains.

chop456
04-03-07, 02:18 AM
OT and all, but wasn't that quote from the backyard pool episode when bart tries to jump off the roof?

Yes. I realized that after it was too late to edit it. :D

rocket
04-03-07, 04:55 AM
Unfortunately, the only advice I can give concerning trampolines is not to let anyone get on it after they have had a fifth of JackDaniels. It can only lead to launching yourself over a 6 foot privacy fence and landing in a pine tree in your buddies neighbors yard.

Luckily the tree broke my fall, but it still knocked a fart outa me when I hit the ground:D

chop456
04-03-07, 05:02 AM
the tree broke

:D

:runs:

rocket
04-03-07, 06:17 AM
HaHa....No Soup for You!!! Get Off of The Internet!! Come Back One Month!!:p

G.
05-10-07, 02:03 PM
So what did you decide on, TRDfan?