PDA

View Full Version : Milka Dunno sucks

Spicoli
03-27-07, 08:27 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/36275/

From the outside it looks like a nice surprise package for the Indy Racing League. New team, new driver and new sponsor. To quote IRL founder Tony George: "A very, very, very good day."
However, to anybody familiar with her experience and talent level, the thought of Milka Dunno driving an Indy car next month in Kansas City is frightening. Or should be.

Example #45,819 that FTG is an idiot. :shakehead

Fio1
03-27-07, 08:31 AM
would you rather have her in CCWS? :p

Don Quixote
03-27-07, 08:44 AM
USA Today on Monday had a full page add by Citgo, with a picture of her holding her helmet. "Milka Duno. Latino energy. Milka Duno is brilliant, fearless, beautiful and Venezuelan. And she's demonstrated that a woman can rule in a male dominated sport" Then it lists her accomplishments in Grand Am and ALMS races, 1st place 2004 Grand Prix of Miami, 2nd place 2004 Mid-Ohio, 3rd place 2004 VIR 400, etc, etc, etc. :shakehead :gomer:

chop456
03-27-07, 08:45 AM
I expect epic Rutherford/Mears-type duels between her and Marty Roth. Hopefully nobody winds up dead.

dando
03-27-07, 08:46 AM
$10 she quals and finishes better than IV in her first try. :tony: :saywhat:

-Kevin

opinionated ow
03-27-07, 09:16 AM
$10 she quals and finishes better than IV in her first try. :tony: :saywhat:

-Kevin

wouldn't that make her better than danicle?:rofl:

TrueBrit
03-27-07, 09:39 AM
I'm missing the part where it shows how much better Danicle is than this woman...

Oh, that's right...you'd actually have to have RESULTS to compare to...

Robin Miller is a pompous, self-important ****, Danicle is a joke and just as bloody dangerous on the track as this woman 'might' be...but then again, most of the entire field in that crappy league are bloody dangerous amateurs...

opinionated ow
03-27-07, 10:06 AM
I'm missing the part where it shows how much better Danicle is than this woman...

Robin Miller is a pompous, self-important ****, Danicle is a joke and just as bloody dangerous on the track as this woman 'might' be...but then again, most of the entire field in that crappy league are bloody dangerous amateurs...

afaik (i dont follow :gomer: league), quattro outqualified danicant...therefore if milky outqualifies quattro she outqualifies danicle too

Warlock!
03-27-07, 10:25 AM
Milka Dunno sucks
I was hoping she had some redeeming qualities.

Cool.

Andrew Longman
03-27-07, 11:07 AM
would you rather have her in CCWS? :p

Well, she'd be less likely to kill herself or someone else if she wasn't ripping apart the catch fencing at TMS.

Still, I'd only want her sponsor, not her in CCWS

KLang
03-27-07, 11:29 AM
Well, she'd be less likely to kill herself or someone else if she wasn't ripping apart the catch fencing at TMS.

Still, I'd only want her sponsor, not her in CCWS

Her sponsor carries it's own unique baggage as well.

dando
03-27-07, 11:51 AM
Her sponsor carries it's own unique baggage as well.

Aye dat, mang. Not sure I'd want that as a sponsor if it was the last option available. :irked:

-Kevin

Ed_Severson
03-27-07, 12:14 PM
Milka Duno sucks.

http://tyranno.saur.us/cache/2005/November/28/orry9wt_32968_thumb.jpg

Andrew Longman
03-27-07, 12:16 PM
Aye dat, mang. Not sure I'd want that as a sponsor if it was the last option available. :irked:

-Kevin

I hear you, but it seems as if it may actually be the last option available.

Besides, Chavez sabre rattling, while irksome to many here, is designed mostly satisfy his ego and solidify support in his corner of the world. Not much different than sabre rattling and actual use in another part of the world, if you know what I mean.;)

Racing Truth
03-27-07, 02:03 PM

1. Yes, Miller practically gets, umm, "excited" when talking about DP, but as dangerous as Duno? C'mon. Duno is a HAZARD, who has ZERO business in an OW car. DP may not be that good, but she's not as bad (or close) to Duno.

2. About that whole "most of the field is bloody dangerous" thing, EASY. There's some truth to that, but does our field (all 10 of it right now) strike you as that much BETTER?

Rogue Leader
03-27-07, 06:05 PM
Say whatever about Danica while shes the most overrated pile of BS in racing history she was and is trained properly and has a lot of safe mileage under her belt. While I wouldn't pick her to win races on my team, I wouldn't fear death driving next to her. That said Milka on the other hand.... well I'm just praying she doesn't kill someone.... someone is gonna get hurt this season and it likely won't be her....

stroker
03-27-07, 07:52 PM
Okay, let's see a show of hands.

How many of you want to be changing right-side tires in the pit boxes in front of and behind Milka's?

pchall
03-27-07, 08:28 PM
I hope she wins the Five Hunnert and displays her milk jugs in Dairy Association spots all summer.

High Sided
03-27-07, 09:02 PM
milka sucks?

worse than foyt? ;)

FCYTravis
03-28-07, 01:53 AM
The tears shed over her departure from the Grand-Am paddock could be contained in this cup: |_| :laugh:

mueber
03-28-07, 08:47 AM
With the exception of “side by side” skills, Duno isn’t any less qualified than Sarah Fisher was when she entered the “big leagues.” And the quality of some of our Champ Car “stars” leaves a lot to be desired.

Sadly, the whole affair is conclusive evidence of the demise of open wheel.

rabbit
03-28-07, 09:18 AM
With the exception of “side by side” skills, Duno isn’t any less qualified than Sarah Fisher was when she entered the “big leagues.”I guess I would have to disagree slightly with this. True, Fisher was in waaaay over her head. But it had more to do with her technical abilities in terms of setting up the car. Her many laps in sprint cars had her better prepared for pack racing than Dunno's sports car experience. IMHO.

Don Quixote
03-28-07, 09:50 AM
I agree with rabbit, Sarah was and is worlds ahead of Duno. Duno will redefine the concept of moving chicane.

extramundane
03-28-07, 10:30 AM
I guess I would have to disagree slightly with this. True, Fisher was in waaaay over her head. But it had more to do with her technical abilities in terms of setting up the car. Her many laps in sprint cars had her better prepared for pack racing than Dunno's sports car experience. IMHO.

Yep, plus Fisher didn't drive 20% of the race, then turn her car over to her teammate.

And speaking of digging holes for co-drivers, how long til Matt Alhadeff ends up in IRL or CC? That's a raw talent just waiting for his shot at open-wheel glory. :rofl:

Ozarkian
03-28-07, 11:03 AM
Okay, let's see a show of hands.

How many of you want to be changing right-side tires in the pit boxes in front of and behind Milka's?

Whoever draws the short straws on those crews should get combat pay.

Hard Driver
03-28-07, 11:08 AM
She has all of the qualifications needed.

http://www.sports-wired.com/women/showPhoto.asp?ID=1272

G.
03-28-07, 11:39 AM
I guess I would have to disagree slightly with this. True, Fisher was in waaaay over her head. But it had more to do with her technical abilities in terms of setting up the car. Her many laps in sprint cars had her better prepared for pack racing than Dunno's sports car experience. IMHO.Sarah got better. No evidence to suggest that Milka CAN get better.

dando
03-28-07, 11:51 AM
She has all of the qualifications needed.

http://www.sports-wired.com/women/showPhoto.asp?ID=1272

Yup. Airbags are standard equipment on this model. :gomer:

-Kevin

G.
03-28-07, 12:42 PM
Yup. Airbags are standard equipment on this model. :gomer:

-KevinNo. Obviously an option/upgrade.

GLenz
03-29-07, 07:08 AM
Or an aftermarket add on.

chop456
03-31-07, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzQ2TErl7cw

Now imagine that at 215 mph. :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
03-31-07, 10:32 PM
boardroomjimmy? Is that your doing, chop?

TRANSAM
04-08-07, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CszWe0LXsWM&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBTolp3Xb60&mode=related&search=

Accipiter
04-09-07, 04:29 PM
Vote for Milka in the Speed Poll!

WHICH OF THESE DRIVERS WILL HAVE THE BEST ROOOKIE SEASON?

1.Lewis Hamilton (F1)

2.Graham Rahal (CCWS)

3. Juan Pablo Montoya (NASCAR)

4. Milka Duno (IndyCar Series)

Someone over there has a sense of humor.

Spicoli
04-16-07, 03:11 AM
Just heard from someone at ICS that Milka is not even gonna get a rookie test. Says she ran a closed test at HoeStead and it was so bad they didn't even let her finish.

Gee - what they gonna do now? :laugh: There's always a Lazier looking for work. :p

IlliniRacer
04-16-07, 10:14 AM
I agree with rabbit, Sarah was and is worlds ahead of Duno. Duno will redefine the concept of moving chicane.

In all my life, I didn't think that I would A) see anyone say that Fisher was worlds ahead of anybody or B) completely agree with the statement.

Don Quixote
04-16-07, 11:05 AM
Just heard from someone at ICS that Milka is not even gonna get a rookie test. Says she ran a closed test at HoeStead and it was so bad they didn't even let her finish.

Gee - what they gonna do now? :laugh: There's always a Lazier looking for work. :p
Oh my. This after the full page color add in USA today and all the press releases and hubub. The question is, how will they spin this? I wonder how many regular drivers have indicated that they refuse to race with her? :eek:

TKGAngel
04-16-07, 12:03 PM
ESPN Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=1&id=2836727)

According to the broadcast partner, sounds like all is still on schedule for her debut. But, this comment scares me (and should her fellow competitors).

"You're going over 200 all the time," she said. "When you feel the car starting to slide a little bit, not to have nerves but to control the situation -- that's something very tough."

Spicoli
04-16-07, 05:19 PM
Oh my. This after the full page color add in USA today and all the press releases and hubub. The question is, how will they spin this? I wonder how many regular drivers have indicated that they refuse to race with her? :eek:

the source is from one of the "better funded" teams, and he says its a HUGE issue with the "A" dribers. Evidently some have made their voices heard all the way to the top.

But you know Tony. He thinks crashes are cool. Part of racin'. So who the F knows.

The story on how she even got into racing was when she first saw a Ferrari and just "had to have one!" so rich hubby bought one for her, she went to some classes and was absof'in lutely horrible. some said the worst they had ever seen. But she has money, and a ton of it. So stoopid + money = IRL anyway.

It should be interesting to watch. I was aware of that USAToady ad too. But this wouldn;t be the first time EARL and FTG fubar'd some publicity - marketing campaign. :laugh:

we'll know in about 3 weeks.

Also - the Kansas date being moved from July is another real big source of joy for all the teams. :gomer: (We are not the onl;y series that can F up a sched.)

Spicoli
04-25-07, 11:20 PM
http://blogs.indystar.com/racingexpert/

uh-oh. :eek:

The pressure will be on Milka Duno to pass her IRL rookie test Thursday at Kansas Speedway. She did not test at Kentucky Speedway on Monday or at Kansas on Wednesday, as her team manager said would happen, the latter because of travel issues, according to IRL officials. That means Thursday is her final day if she hopes to compete in this weekend's race at Kansas. She's only had about 140 laps in a car.

:shakehead

Fio1
04-26-07, 02:16 AM
140 laps in an IRL car is enough for any REAL driver. Too bad Milka isn't real...or should I say, aren't real...;)

Don Quixote
04-26-07, 09:30 AM
I thought Bagdad Bob said she was going to have thousands of miles under her belt before she ran in a race. I predict they will pass her, and her car will have mysterious mechanical problems after about 5 laps of the first race.

Andrew Longman
04-26-07, 10:25 AM
I thought Bagdad Bob said she was going to have thousands of miles under her belt before she ran in a race. I predict they will pass her, and her car will have mysterious mechanical problems after about 5 laps of the first race.

5 laps and in for "handling".

I just hope she get the lap in before she stuffs it in the wall.

Spicoli
04-26-07, 06:35 PM
http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=8684

she got "in".

of course no times or details.:rolleyes:

jonovision_man
04-26-07, 07:36 PM
Scarey... she has no business being out there...

jono

pchall
04-27-07, 09:58 AM
:thumdown: This is just so effing sad. :shakehead

devilmaster
04-27-07, 10:03 AM
as a side note.....

my local rag has a small article about Milka... the headline? "Champ gains 3rd woman driver" :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Spicoli
04-27-07, 10:06 AM
St Pete's paper has an article about Patreeek commenting that she is not ready. this is a disaster in the making...

The IRL: It's all about the show!~even if nobody is looking.:tony:

:shakehead

extramundane
04-27-07, 11:09 AM
St Pete's paper has an article about Patreeek commenting that she is not ready. this is a disaster in the making...

So someone who has shared a car with her (read: carried her sorry ass) and has IRL experience says she's not ready? Unpossible! Doc Mullet & Johnny Cable say she's ready, and that's good enough for me. :tony:

Jervis Tetch 1
04-27-07, 08:00 PM
All comedy aside, I just hope nobody gets hurt when she's on the track.:shakehead

ferrarigod
04-28-07, 01:24 AM
watch her win the 500. that would just be precious.

Fio1
04-28-07, 02:52 AM
watch her win the 500. that would just be precious.

Ya, but to finish first you must first finish.

Spicoli
04-28-07, 04:49 PM
milky's on the track now.

can she beat the blazin' marty roth at 209?:eek:

Spicoli
04-28-07, 04:52 PM

DFL!:laugh: