PDA

View Full Version : time to find a new job

Sean O'Gorman
03-23-07, 05:54 PM
What are the odds of something like this happening to the same guy twice??? Hope he gets well.

http://www.thatsracin.com/242/story/3448.html

Andrew Longman
03-23-07, 06:14 PM
It's the second time Manseau, who works for Samax Motorsports, has been injured in a pit accident. In 1999, while working for Newman/Haas Racing in CART, driver Michael Andretti drove his car over Manseau. Manseau sustained severe muscular injuries and was out of racing for a year.

Is the guy named "Speedbump" back at 7G? He seemed pretty bitter about it.

devilmaster
03-23-07, 06:16 PM

Theres a name - blast from the past. :eek:

cart7
03-23-07, 09:53 PM
Wasn't that at Gateway? I seem to recall Andretti's rear wheels were slowly turning while the car was on the jacks.

Sean O'Gorman
03-23-07, 09:57 PM
I thought it was Milwaukee.

Chitowncartfreak
03-23-07, 10:18 PM
Wasn't that at Gateway? I seem to recall Andretti's rear wheels were slowly turning while the car was on the jacks.

You may be thinking of when DeFerran ran over his ventman at Gateway that same year. I was actually sitting right across from DeFerran's pit and happened to take a picture right when Gil lit up the tires and his ventman fell on the car. The Andretti incident was at Milwaukee.

chop456
03-23-07, 10:28 PM
Yes - Milwaukee. At least Michael only does it symbolically these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr6qAfn5L-Y

cart7
03-24-07, 05:14 AM
I thought it was Milwaukee.

You're right. I knew it was one of those ovals that CCWS doesn't run on anymore.

Jag_Warrior
03-24-07, 01:55 PM

No, that was Paul Castoro. He only worked for Della Penna, I'm pretty sure. He died last year, I think from Crohn's disease.

chop456
03-24-07, 02:21 PM
Ty Manseau was/is Speedbump.

Paul Castoro was just Paul Castoro, IIRC.

oddlycalm
03-24-07, 03:33 PM
Is the guy named "Speedbump" back at 7G? He seemed pretty bitter about it. He had good reason to be. MA never even apologized.

Andretti the lesser injured quite a few crewmen with his mistakes over they years and never seemed to care at all. There is no such thing as "team" with insects like Mikey, there is only them and everybody else. :thumdown:

oc

RichK
03-24-07, 04:02 PM
He had good reason to be. MA never even apologized.

Andretti the lesser injured quite a few crewmen with his mistakes over they years and never seemed to care at all. There is no such thing as "team" with insects like Mikey, there is only them and everybody else. :thumdown:

oc

Yep, IIRC Newman-Haas didn't treat him that well, either (according to him).
I remember him posting several times addressing safety issues in the pits & being lambasted on 7G for it. It was strange.

Jag_Warrior
03-24-07, 04:13 PM
Ty Manseau was/is Speedbump.

Paul Castoro was just Paul Castoro, IIRC.

You're right - he did go by his true name on 7th Gear. There were actually two people who went by that handle on two different boards. On MotorsportForum, Paul was "Speedbump". And it was Paul who died last year.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sean O'Gorman
03-24-07, 04:16 PM
Was Castoro the one who used to refer to the US as a rogue nation? I'm having trouble remembering the guy.

Jag_Warrior
03-24-07, 04:22 PM
No, I think that was Chavez... Hugo Chavez. :p

And how are you, SOG?