PDA

View Full Version : Yippee!!! My band's playing Long Beach GP Weekend!

JohnHKart
03-22-07, 09:22 PM
At long last my cover band The Blast is playing in Long Beach during the Grand Prix weekend. We are at Panama Joes April 12-15. We play on Sunday from 3pm-730pm, the rest of the nights from 9-130pm. We play a variety of classic rock, funk, disco and newer rock. The club is located in Belmont Shores, a quaint district with a small downtown feel, just 4 miles east of the circuit. Panama Joes is a great Cheers style bar with good Mexican Food. Maybe we'll see you there, I'm the keyboard/vocals/guitarist on the left side of the stage, come by and say hi!

JH

http://www.panamajoes.com/about.html

http://www.myspace.com/blastband

indyfan31
03-22-07, 11:20 PM
Is that supposed to be 9 to 11 pm or 9 to 1:30 AM?
Or are you really starting at 9 in the morning? :eek:

Oh and, CONGRATULATIONS! :thumbup:

G.
03-22-07, 11:54 PM
Very cool! Glad to hear it!:thumbup:

(can't do LB this year, have fun!!)

ferrarigod
03-23-07, 01:38 AM
how much did you have to pay champ car for this?

i hate ride buyers.

:gomer:

(congrats:thumbup: )

JohnHKart
03-23-07, 06:02 PM
Thurs through Sat the hours are 9pm-130am, four sets of music. Sunday it's 3Pm-730PM, four sets. Thanks. Since I've been in the band the past four years, we've always just missed playing there on that weekend, so this is very exciting.

John

robot9000
03-28-07, 11:46 AM
Cool !! That should be a ton of fun !!

One year I played a place in Detroit during the Grand Prix. Its a good time and a different vibe than a normal gig. It was one of the largest crowds we ever played for (Place called the Woodbridge Tavern. Played outside on their deck and what was normaly the parking lot had people jammed shoulder to shoulder with people. If I knew it was going to be that crowded, I'd have asked for more money, lol...

Anteater
03-29-07, 08:07 PM
That's cool, JohnHKart! :)

Belmont Shore is a total zoo during race weekend--if you're staying somewhere downtown, I recommend taking the A or D Passport Bus to Belmont:
http://www.lbtransit.com/Services/Passport.aspx

They run until around midnight, and you won't have to worry about drinking and driving!

JohnHKart
04-12-07, 03:12 AM
Hope to see some of you this weekend. We start tonight.

John

RTKar
04-12-07, 09:35 AM
Playing at the "summit" ? :laugh: Too bad Chop & Warlock won't be their...

indyfan31
04-12-07, 10:13 AM
Hope to see you Saturday JKH.

Ziggy
04-12-07, 11:48 AM
So does your band do any ABBA covers?

cause if you do Im sooooo there

indyfan31
04-16-07, 10:51 AM
great job John.
Had a good time Saturday. Don't know what was more fun, listening to you guys, or watching the crowd. :rofl:
I haven't been in a "bar" in a long time, and from the looks of it some things never change. :laugh:

JohnHKart
04-17-07, 08:58 PM
Thanks for coming down and saying hi Indyfan, I appreciate it alot.

JH

TravelGal
04-18-07, 04:37 PM
Wish I could have made it. :( I had you on my calendar; it just didn't work out.