PDA

View Full Version : princess speaks

G.
03-22-07, 01:29 PM
Patrick, who will turn 25 on Sunday, is coming off a disappointing sophomore season. She finished ninth in the points but rarely was in contention for her first race victory as the team struggled all year after Rahal Letterman rookie Paul Dana was killed in a crash during the race-day warmup for last year's opener at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

"As the races go on and the seasons go on, I feel more pressure to do well, to perform," said Patrick, whose was unable to improve on a rookie season that ignited "Danica-mania."

"If it was as simple as one more season should give you better results, then that should have happened from season one to season two. But the circumstances were that we had an engine advantage the first year. We had a chassis advantage in certain places the first year. The team was in much better condition than it was the second year," she said.

"While I drove better and more flawlessly and more aggressively and with more knowledge, it didn't translate as much because of all those circumstances."

That disappointment led to her move to Andretti Green, where a friendly rivalry with Andretti could be good for both drivers, as well as an open-wheel series still struggling to gain a foothold with American race fans.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/motorracing/wire/sns-ap-car-irl-season-preview,1,6795458.story?coll=sns-ap-racing-headlines

Maybe I'm missing the context, but dissing on your old crew ain't cool. Management, sure, that's a time-honored tradition.

Gnam
03-22-07, 01:46 PM
It's true, her second year performances were better than her first. She really turned up the wick on all her stomping, pouting, and scowling. Good effort. :thumbup:

chop456
03-22-07, 01:58 PM
And she didn't drive the Acura at Sebring because of seat issues, right? ;)

At least Kournikova looks better while she stinks.

eiregosod
03-22-07, 02:03 PM
"She finished ninth in the points but rarely was in contention for her first race victory as the team struggled all year after Rahal Letterman rookie Paul Dana was killed in a crash during the race-day warmup for last year's opener at Homestead-Miami Speedway."

Even if Paul Dana wasn't killed, Rahal racing would have struggled last year.

TKGAngel
03-22-07, 02:21 PM
"While I drove better and more flawlessly and more aggressively and with more knowledge, it didn't translate as much because of all those circumstances."The team was in much better condition than it was the second year," she said.

Translation: how dare team's my owner pay attention to his son's racing career, when its all about me.

extramundane
03-22-07, 02:36 PM
Translation: how dare team's my owner pay attention to his son's racing career, when its all about me.

If that's her concern, she went to the wrong team.

pchall
03-22-07, 03:21 PM
If that's her concern, she went to the wrong team.

Her meltdowns ought to be just that much more spectacular when Marco does all the winning.

cameraman
03-22-07, 03:27 PM
Her meltdowns ought to be just that much more spectacular when Marco does all the winning.

Winning?

Don Quixote
03-22-07, 04:41 PM
I hope they use her to perfect the setups for Marco's car, and use her to block for Marco in the races. :tony:

Methanolandbrats
03-22-07, 04:45 PM
Her meltdowns ought to be just that much more spectacular when Marco does all the whining. Fixed it.

stroker
03-22-07, 11:29 PM
Mindy: The Soap Opera that just keeps giving...

Where's Parnelli Jones when you need him?

cart7
03-23-07, 06:51 AM
We had a chassis advantage in certain places the first year.

Uhh.. you constantly cited a poorly handling car in traffic for your lackluster performance and charges to the rear the year before last. Geez, get your story straight princess.

eiregosod
03-24-07, 02:47 PM
"maybe I'm not that good!"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57590

Lady, start your excuses.

oddlycalm
03-24-07, 03:38 PM
"maybe I'm not that good!"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57590

Lady, start your excuses. Looks to me like she may be fresh out of excuses. :gomer:

In her first appearance for Andretti-Green Racing, Patrick managed only 14th on the Homestead grid, while her teammates Dario Franchitti, Tony Kanaan and Marco Andretti took third, fourth and fifth places.

oc