PDA

View Full Version : Danica on the Today show

robot9000
03-21-07, 09:17 AM
Well, just caught Danica on the today show.

They asked her a few decent questions. One, they never call it the Indy Racing league or IRL, its IndyCar racing. Then they went into how she was RotY in 05 (The only rookie to lead a lap at the 500? Thats what they said...), had a 'good' 06 and is looking forward to 'a nother great season'.

They said that, aside from driving, she has a 'lot of outside activities" and do they conflict with her drivng? "I would never schedule a photo shoot if it would interfere with my driving" and "I would never schedule an interview if it would conflict with my driving". She babbled on about that, if she wasn't doing well as a driver, they wouldn't interview her in the 1st place :rofl:

She mumbled a lot about switching teams. It definately came off in a "I was on a lousy team" way. "We got beat quite convincingly last year".

chop456
03-21-07, 09:24 AM
Apparently her husband has quite a lot of outside activities, too.

TKGAngel
03-21-07, 09:52 AM
Speaking of Danica, I was at Target this weekend and needed a birthday card. One of the cards I saw featured a cartoon rendition of Danica, sitting in her car, with "Danica" written down the nose of the car. I can't remember exactly what the outside of the card said, but the inside punchline was about fast women. (insert your own joke here). :D

I wonder if the Danica people know about this card?

Ozarkian
03-21-07, 10:32 AM
One, they never call it the Indy Racing league or IRL, its IndyCar racing.

Hmm. Glomming onto another series' history?

Don Quixote
03-21-07, 12:41 PM
Apparently her husband has quite a lot of outside activities, too.
Maybe the poor guy just needs a little warmth in his life. :laugh: