PDA

View Full Version : FTG on Wind Tunnel tonight

Accipiter
03-18-07, 12:59 PM
The forecast is for heavy stuttering and regular gaps in logic.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/36071/

Andrew Longman
03-18-07, 09:51 PM
I have no idea what he said so I have no idea what to say.

Something about the split being about creating more inventory for oval tracks so people would build oval tracks?

Ummmm

Spicoli
03-18-07, 09:52 PM
what an *******. what an arrogant, no answeringm, lying piece of ****.:flame:

Kahauna Dreamer
03-18-07, 10:01 PM
what an *******. what an arrogant, no answeringm, lying piece of ****.:flame:
draw your own conclusions...
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/7372/imag0002ei5.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9639/ftg01zo4.jpg

Spicoli
03-18-07, 10:03 PM
Nice job Chief!:thumbup: :rofl:

rabbit
03-18-07, 10:15 PM
:cool::thumbup:

Wally
03-18-07, 10:45 PM
draw your own conclusions...
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/7372/imag0002ei5.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9639/ftg01zo4.jpg

:eek: I missed it how did the grandson spin that one?

SteveH
03-18-07, 10:50 PM
:eek: I missed it how did the grandson spin that one?

He didn't. He just said "I don't know."

Truthful, at least.

TravelGal
03-19-07, 01:49 AM
Chief Chief Chief. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Couldn't stand to watch it. Could barely stand to read this thread. Makes my eyeballs hurt to look at that face or read about him. But I knew I'd get the results here. :)

Spicoli
03-19-07, 07:36 AM
Been thinking about this one for a little while now....He really did NOT answer the question. And so I travelled over to "TonyCanDoNoWrongForum.com" and even there, only the most uber "13" gomer can even attempt to defend him.

tony blathered into saome string of words that contained the phrases "oval tradition, inventory, new oval tracks, cart road racing" but nothing coherent or intelligent.

And absolutely nothing to support or promote his league/series or any upcoming race.

Tony comes across as arrogant, flippant, pompous, cheeky, cocky, smarmy, knowitall jerk. He's less delsuional and more antagonistic than ever.

And I really like the part about "Kevin called me a few weeks ago, I haven;t had time to get back to him, I probably should...." In my business, I NEVER take more than 24 hours to return a call. Oh, we've seen your true colors you *******.:mad:

Andrew Longman
03-19-07, 08:56 AM
He also blathered something about CC building the wrong car and maybe in a few years something could maybe, possibly, sort of, like be worked out with them.

I loved how DD introduced the viewer email above. "Of all the email we got for you this one pretty much captured the message for you.." or something close to that.

Spicoli
03-19-07, 09:07 AM
He also blathered something about CC building the wrong car and maybe in a few years something could maybe, possibly, sort of, like be worked out with them.

I loved how DD introduced the viewer email above. "Of all the email we got for you this one pretty much captured the message for you.." or something close to that.

Yep, and notice how he reacted. No real content, just his same old smarmy, arrogant self.:shakehead

Chief
03-19-07, 09:51 AM
FTG (and his creation) is a failure because picking the bones of a dead carcass does not equate to the "future of open wheel racing". He sucks and last night is a prime example of why INDY blows because that in-charge idiot has taken it down with him.

Kudos to SpeedTV for running the question (although edited for content). Here's the actual email:

Mr. George,

Eleven years ago, your insistance to create the IRL began a crippling downward spiral for open wheel racing in this country. When, Mr. George, are YOU going to address the needs of the open wheel community as a whole instead of this senseless powerplay YOU launched in 1996? Fix it or forget it......fans like me are walking away from the sport because of your inability to make this work. As a steward for the sport you need to do something about it NOW!

-Chief

Wheel-Nut
03-19-07, 10:32 AM
Way to go Chief. :thumbup:

I watched it. FTG did answer one question, he does not HATE Robin Miller, and he used the "V" word!!

spinner26
03-19-07, 11:01 AM
there are burn victims in the hospital that could utilize that flesh better than he. What a fuggin waste.:rolleyes:

RichK
03-19-07, 11:45 AM
That screenshot above is an instant classic. Awesome! :laugh:

Don Quixote
03-19-07, 02:47 PM
Chief, that was perfect! :thumbup:
Meanwhile the gomers are spinning this as the greatest performance since Churchill's "we shall fight them on the beaches" speach. :laugh:

Andrew Longman
03-19-07, 07:00 PM
Chief, that was perfect! :thumbup:
Meanwhile the gomers are spinning this as the greatest performance since Churchill's "we shall fight them on the beaches" speach. :laugh:

Perfect it was.

But TF took until 6 pm to shut down their thread. D fought the delusional good fight but in the end there was only so much he could do.

Racing Truth
03-19-07, 07:32 PM
Well done Chief!:thumbup:

His response, in typical stuttering fashion: "I don't know."

:shakehead

Wally
03-19-07, 09:10 PM
Well I just read a complete transcript.........Oh My God!:shakehead

I have to say I was surprised he agreed to come on the show, his handlers and assorted lackies must be looking for a rope after that disaster. :yuck:

rabbit
03-19-07, 09:19 PM
Chief’s Q: “Mr. George, Eleven years ago, your insistence to create the IRL began a crippling downward spiral for open wheel racing in this country. When, Mr. George, are YOU going to address the needs of the open wheel community as a whole instead of this senseless power play YOU launched in 1996? Fix it or forget it......fans like me are walking away from the sport… Chief”

George: “I don’t know, umm. Ya know it’s, it's a I guess it’s a burden to carry it around on your shoulders when it’s put like that. Umm, I heard someone on the program earlier where the caller said that they’re they’re tuning out of NASCAR (clears throat) and starting to tune into IRL and Champ Car, Formula One. I mean everybody’s got an opinion. I don’t think that the events of the last 10-12 years have fairly been placed squarely on my shoulders. I think, ya know, there’s a lot of dynamic in there. If I could wave a magic wand and make it all right, I would but that’s impossible. So a, you know, I don’t know. I, eh fans like that are obviously passionate and, umm, are consumers and are able to make a choice. He seems to have hung in there this long. I hope to keep him involved, a, a little longer and maybe it’ll all work out to his satisfaction.”

Despain: “You know what I would like to hear your perception of what lead you to do this (create the IRL) ‘cause I don’t recall having heard that since way back in ’96. What was the IRL intended to fix? What was wrong?”

George: “Well, for one thing we were wanting to encourage an investment into new permanent oval facilities in some new markets. When we announced it in ’94 and launched out first race at Disney in ’96 all the new tracks that were running NASCAR, NASCAR is doing that today. Most of them, all the new ones obviously weren’t here. There’s been a couple of billion dollars put into that, arguably, ah, NASCAR has driven a lot of that, but you know those tracks need inventory and uh, profitable activities to sustain them. And we want to offer that and I think that clearly CART at that time was going more and more towards street racing and, and ah, as, as the ‘90s late ‘90’s wore on into the early 2000s the balance, or ratio I’d say of ovals versus road courses became more pronounced towards road racing. So, umm you know I think it’s filling a niche, I think we put on good competitive exciting racing on ovals. We’re an oval track over here across the street. And uh, we wanna, we wanna be a part of, of the future. We want to provide some leadership. It would have been my hope that a lot of the CART teams would have not taken the position that they did, but rather, you know, found some opportunity to have dialog. And there has been some dialog over the course of the last 10 years, we’ve just not been able to resolve anything. I think it really comes from looking at things from two different perspectives.”

Despain: “The most recent dialog with Kevin Kalkhoven.. Have you and Kevin Kalkhoven stopped talking about a possible merger?”

George: “Umm, we stay in touch, in fact I owe him a call. He called me a few weeks ago while I was in St. Louis at my daughter’s horse show, and posed a thought or question which I haven’t gotten back to him on. But I think last Fall we agreed, you know that unification wasn’t eminent, it wasn’t likely in the next couple years. We need to keep the lines of communication open. And I enjoy his company socially. I believe he does mine. Uh, when the opportunity presents itself, we interact. But we have to deal with each other on a professional level as well. And we kind of agreed that we, ya know sticking daggers in each other’s back, and, but admit that it wasn’t likely. Now, something could change. I don’t foresee it, but, umm they’ve sort of got their vision, and the plan they’re pursuing, they have a new car which won’t work for what we do. Umm, perhaps in a few years when things run their course we could, umm, make some progress getting it back together.., uh into one single series, but uh, who knows? By then they may have achieved or realized some success as will we. And, uh, perhaps it will just mean more and better racing all the way around.

SteveH
03-19-07, 09:35 PM
I don’t know, umm. Ya know it’s, it's a I guess it’s a burden to carry it around on your shoulders when it’s put like that.

The stupid oaf makes it sound like that's the first time he's ever thought he could be held accountable for the shape open wheel is in.

I assume he surrounds himself with yes men.

:irked:

Spicoli
03-19-07, 10:39 PM
Dear God that is an embarrassment to my state, my city, my sport, hell - he's an embarrassment to all mankind.:shakehead

someone please end this nightmare. Please.:(

Indy
03-19-07, 10:43 PM
Chief for President!

To Despain's credit, he didn't avoid the question. For once, Tony wasn't told what he wanted to hear.

dando
03-19-07, 10:59 PM
:saywhat:

That man is an insult to humanity. :mad:

When he speaks, you can almost see the talk balloon full of ,,,,,s. :tony:

-Kevin

RichK
03-19-07, 11:21 PM
I think it’s [the IRL] filling a niche

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ozarkian
03-20-07, 01:18 AM
The stupid oaf makes it sound like that's the first time he's ever thought he could be held accountable for the shape open wheel is in.

I assume he surrounds himself with yes men.

:irked:

Yep. Absolutely amazing that either he or his handlers didn't anticipate and prep him to deal with that issue.

Just painful to watch.

rabbit
03-20-07, 05:50 AM
Yep. Absolutely amazing that either he or his handlers didn't anticipate and prep him to deal with that issue.

Just painful to watch.To prep him for it they would have to acknowledge that it exists.

chop456
03-20-07, 06:10 AM
What an oblivious, pathetic embarrassment. Who would have guessed? :shakehead

I wonder if he's been into the booger sugar.

Elmo T
03-20-07, 06:35 AM
Despain: “You know what I would like to hear your perception of what lead you to do this (create the IRL) ‘cause I don’t recall having heard that since way back in ’96. What was the IRL intended to fix? What was wrong?”

George: “Well, for one thing we were wanting to encourage an investment into new permanent oval facilities in some new markets. When we announced it in ’94 and launched out first race at Disney in ’96

He gets asked specifically WHY HE created the IRL, and this was his first response. :shakehead

Not that any of the reasons seem to make any sense, but to create new oval facilities? The second part of the plan was to lower the attendance at existing facilities so they'd lose those dates?

Moron, idiot, imbecile? You decide as noted in Wiki:

Moron was originally a scientific term, coined by psychologist Henry H. Goddard from a Greek word meaning "foolish" and used to describe a person with a genetically determined mental age between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale. It was also once applied to people with an IQ of 51-70 and was a step up from "imbecile" (IQ of 26-50) and two steps up from "idiot" (IQ of 0-25).

Andrew Longman
03-20-07, 07:11 AM
He starts the IRL to foster investment in building new oval tracks? CART was doing too much road racing and international racing because there are not enough oval tracks in the US? Well new tracks were built... but as he said, for NASCAR.

Why didn't he just invest in building new track himself and host CART races there? Its a business he presumably understands and is good at. Running a race series is outside of his core competency and strategy. As Disney did with Disneyworld, he could have built other venues in other geographies. They could have been "cathedral of speed" that put ISC to shame. Why was he worried about providing inventory to his competition?

Ozarkian
03-20-07, 10:37 AM
To prep him for it they would have to acknowledge that it exists.

Good point.

G.
03-20-07, 11:01 AM
Dear God, I was perfectly happy with the summaries that you guys posted. To read the full transcript, that **** is dangerous!

How could that man's words NOT curdle the kool-aid?

Andrew Longman
03-20-07, 12:10 PM
Dear God, I was perfectly happy with the summaries that you guys posted. To read the full transcript, that **** is dangerous!

How could that man's words NOT curdle the kool-aid?

Well, all mention of it has now been banned at TF. Threads locked, disappeared, etc.

To summarize... it isn't TGs fault that the split has done so much damage, its haters like Chief.:rolleyes:

NismoZ
03-20-07, 01:11 PM
I was tricked ONCE into going to TF by a link here and I don't want to ever stumble into that again. You mean to tell me that real living human beings watched that interview and came away IMPRESSED with what that man said? Thay were angry that a person would even ask such a question? I came away with 2 things. First, I disagree that he spoke with his usual incoherence. I think the "umms, you knows and stuttering" were kept to a level WAAAY below past performances. For him, I thought it was one of his best interviews in a long time, content excluded. I think he was prepped in some way. The other thing was his honesty in "answering" the question in such a way that it made him look even more ridiculous...talking about his distaste for CART road courses even as his League is now going to more roads and streets. I would LOVE to have been able to pose follow up questions based on his meaningless ramble. Hope you aren't too upset with the edit, Chief, I think your meaning came across quite clearly.

Chief
03-20-07, 01:11 PM
Rightly or wrongly, the inception of the IRL caused chaos that still exists 12 years later.

When you take blame out of the equation there's only one piece left: Who's going to be accountable now? Only the IRL still exists under the leadership of Tony George....and after the interview that's a rudderless ship.

When you take the HATE out of it, accountability becomes a very fair question. Sorry, but it's a burden Tony wanted, Tony is now responsible for, and clearly Tony has no clue what to do with.

We fans want answers, we don't want to be strung along for several more years so some egomaniac can exorcise the remaining demons in his own personal open wheel war. Shi t or get off the pot Tony.

Andrew Longman
03-20-07, 01:22 PM
But Chief, you must be held accountable because you and people like you won't just accept the fact that the I500 is still a great race, the IRL produces better side-by-side racing in the American oval tradition than CART ever did, and all your favorite exCART teams are in the IRL anyway. It is only your hatred for TG that is keeping your types from enjoying the IRL and your types are scaring away potential sponsors and fans. Its been 12 year Tony won, get over it.:gomer:

devilmaster
03-20-07, 02:28 PM
I was tricked ONCE into going to TF by a link here and I don't want to ever stumble into that again.

So basically, someone posted a link that included www.trackforum.com and you clicked on it of your own free will, and then you kept on reading.

Oh well guys, back to the drawing board, guess we'll have to think up some new and more dastardly way of tricking him - he's catching on and too smart fer us.... :laugh: :rofl:

rabbit
03-20-07, 02:34 PM
So basically, someone posted a link that included www.trackforum.com and you clicked on it of your own free will, and then you kept on reading.

Oh well guys, back to the drawing board, guess we'll have to think up some new and more dastardly way of tricking him - he's catching on and too smart fer us.... :laugh: :rofl:

:rofl:

KLang
03-20-07, 02:39 PM
But Chief, you must be held accountable because you and people like you won't just accept the fact that the I500 is still a great race, the IRL produces better side-by-side racing in the American oval tradition than CART ever did, and all your favorite exCART teams are in the IRL anyway. It is only your hatred for TG that is keeping your types from enjoying the IRL and your types are scaring away potential sponsors and fans. Its been 12 year Tony won, get over it.:gomer:

You left out the part about being a 'real race fan'. :gomer:

Chief
03-20-07, 04:54 PM
You left out the part about being a 'real race fan'. :gomer::tony:

Napoleon
03-25-07, 07:07 AM
Chief :thumbup:

Now I wish I had watched that show last week.

Chief
03-26-07, 02:53 PM
Did anybody catch USAToday blerb: Tony George Answers your questions (http://http://blogs.usatoday.com/sportsscope/2007/03/george_answers_.html)?

To Mr. George, you cannot believe that open wheel racing is in better shape now than before you divided it. If you had to do it all over again starting with 1996 what would you have done different? (from rundgy)

"I try not to second-guess myself. There have been so many things. You just try to control and influence things that you can. There are so many things out of your control that if you start to worry about those things, it will drive yourself nuts. I don't know if there is anything would have done differently. The thing that goes back to the very beginning was what was termed 25-8 rule, which guaranteed spots in the (1996) Indy 500 for full-time IRL participants that were in the top 25 in points. Five years ago I would have said I would have maybe done that differently. I accepted the advice and counsel of others who had been around a lot longer than I had at the time. When you look back at that today, it doesn't seem like it was a big deal. Look at NASCAR and Daytona and all that stuff. It's one of those things that seems to be more of an issue now with some people than what's going on today in NASCAR. I don't think it really made a difference. The CART teams already decided they weren't going to come and run. I guess they could have changed the whole dynamic had they all showed up at Disney and all showed up at Phoenix -- the two races leading up the 500 -- but they didn't. Whether their survival as an organization would have been influenced by that decision, I don't know. All I know is that they went bankrupt, their assets were sold and they no longer exist."

Posted at 09:14 PM/ET, March 21, 2007 in Motorsports

Andrew Longman
03-26-07, 04:38 PM
You know there are times when he sounds just like a few folks over at TF. Or is it vise versa.

Amazing.

SteveH
03-26-07, 10:50 PM
You know there are times when he sounds just like a few folks over at TF. Or is it vise versa.

Amazing.

at times? :D