PDA

View Full Version : March Madness 2007

skaven
03-12-07, 03:19 PM
No speculation or brackets?

OSU, USC, UCLA, Texas, Florida, Wisconsin, Regis, Louisville all represented on this board... we've got a lot of talk to smack ! :)

Can the Gators repeat? Maybe get to play OSU again? I think they got very lucky with the Midwest bracket. I'm biased, but I don't see the 2-4 seeds making a run (Wisconsin, Oregon and Maryland). The other three brackets each appear to have 3 teams that could win it all. West - Kansas, UCLA, Pittburgh. East - UNC, Texas, Georgetown. South - OSU, Memphis, Texas A&M.

I predict Gators > Georgetown in Atlanta... but I'm biased with recurring championship fever. :D

TKGAngel
03-12-07, 03:46 PM
The local media can't stop talking about the fact that Niagara got hosed into the play-in game. National media had them projected as a 15th seed; now they've effectively been told they're the weakest of the weak. Is the MAAC really that bad of a conference that its champion (with automatic bid) gets slotted into the play-in game?

Buffalo's hosting some of the games this weekend, which has the potential to become a giant cluster***. Rumor has it that the cops are planning a "blue flu" outbreak for this weekend in order to draw attention to their contract plight.

Sean O'Gorman
03-12-07, 03:49 PM
SEC speed blah blah blah Florida is so great that they should raise their basket to 12 feet to even things out, if Ohio State played in the SEC they would be a #14 seed in the NIT, etc etc etc

There, I did all the work for you skaven. :gomer:

Ankf00
03-12-07, 03:58 PM
did the Big1T1en title game even break 100 points combined total? :gomer:

dando
03-12-07, 05:42 PM
did the Big1T1en title game even break 100 points combined total? :gomer:

Yes, and we play D, too. Your guys might wanna learn how to do that. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
03-12-07, 05:43 PM
No speculation or brackets?

OSU, USC, UCLA, Texas, Florida, Wisconsin, Regis, Louisville all represented on this board... we've got a lot of talk to smack ! :)

Can the Gators repeat? Maybe get to play OSU again? I think they got very lucky with the Midwest bracket. I'm biased, but I don't see the 2-4 seeds making a run (Wisconsin, Oregon and Maryland). The other three brackets each appear to have 3 teams that could win it all. West - Kansas, UCLA, Pittburgh. East - UNC, Texas, Georgetown. South - OSU, Memphis, Texas A&M.

I predict Gators > Georgetown in Atlanta... but I'm biased with recurring championship fever. :D

Rematch. 'nuf said. :)

-Kevin

Ankf00
03-12-07, 06:26 PM
Yes, and we play D, too. Your guys might wanna learn how to do that. :gomer:

-Kevin

try making it past the first weekend this year, k, plz? tnx.

jcollins28
03-12-07, 08:37 PM
USC? They play Basketball at Figueroa Tech? :rofl: :D

http://images.bruinsnation.com/images/admin/Bench.OregonState.07.jpg

GO BRUINS!!!!!

OH COOLHAND.....

http://images.bruinsnation.com/images/admin/SweptSC0607.jpg

dando
03-12-07, 11:11 PM
try making it past the first weekend this year, k, plz? tnx.

No problem. Mark it down, and quote me for eternity. Have fun with UNC. :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
03-13-07, 11:43 AM
The Sports Guy actually gets one right

Most overrated conference: A tie between the Pac-10 and the Big Ten. So hard to choose between these two. When you're watching dozens of games over the course of five days, it's impossible not to notice the varying quality of play from game to game. For instance, I watched the Patriot League final on Friday and jumped right into the Oklahoma State/Texas A&M game ... it was like going from the "rookie" level to "All-Madden." There's just no comparison.

Anyway, watching all these games and comparing the conferences to one another, I don't see how anyone who knows anything about basketball could argue that the Pac-10 and Big Ten are better than the Big East, ACC or even the Big 12 (my vote for "most underrated conference"). UCLA, Oregon and Ohio State are all good. After that? It's a suckfest. I watched the USC-Stanford overtime game on Thursday night because I wanted to see Brook Lopez -- by the way, he needs between three and 15 more years of seasoning in college before I'm willing to accept him as a top-10 pick -- and found myself thinking, "Wow, this feels like a possible preview of the NIT finals ... and if that's the case, I think I'll be skipping the NIT finals."

So what happened? USC won the game, reached the Pac-10 finals and earned a 5-seed in the NCAAs; Stanford somehow cracked the NCAAs as a 11-seed with an 18-12 record; and if that's not enough, Washington State earned a 3-seed in the same regional where Texas received a 4-seed. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? It will never happen because Washington State won't beat 2-seed Georgetown in a million years, but I sincerely hope Texas (15-to-1 odds to win the championship) and Washington State (40-to-1 odds) play in the regional finals, just so everyone in the Tournament Committee will feel like an idiot because the No. 4 seed is laying five points to the No. 3 seed. Well done, fellas.

As for the Big Ten, its second-best team (Wisconsin) isn't as good as Kansas, Texas or Texas A&M, and I wasn't even remotely impressed by Purdue (a No. 9 seed), Indiana (No. 7) or Illinois (No. 12), although I do think Michigan State (No. 11) has a chance to crack the Sweet 16 because of Tom Izzo and Drew Neitzel. Regardless, how did the Big Ten send six teams to the tournament when most of its games had the same disjointed, scrappy, uncomfortable flow of a woman's basketball game? Did you ever watch a Big Ten game that didn't involve OSU and think to yourself, "Wow, this is some high-caliber hoops!" Oklahoma State would have been the third-best team in that conference and it's headed to the NIT. Same for Kansas State. And Syracuse.

Final note: Anyone who toggled between the OSU-Wisconsin and Texas-Kansas games knows which conference was better this season. That Texas-Kansas game was the most hard-fought basketball game I've seen since the Heat-Mavs NBA Finals last June ... and Texas was running on fumes. Meanwhile, OSU and Wisconsin were having the basketball equivalent of a rock fight on CBS. Gimme a break. The Big Ten is awful. Don't say I didn't warn you.http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?entryDate=20070312&name=simmons&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab6pos1

:laugh:

RHR_Fan
03-13-07, 03:15 PM
Big 10 haters. :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
03-13-07, 03:26 PM
Duke sucks.

Racing Truth
03-14-07, 02:10 PM
No interest in a Yahoo Pick 'Em fantasy league? It's late, but I could set something up.

skaven
03-14-07, 03:40 PM
No interest in a Yahoo Pick 'Em fantasy league? It's late, but I could set something up.

Bring it on homeslice. :)

skaven
03-14-07, 03:56 PM
SEC speed blah blah blah Florida is so great that they should raise their basket to 12 feet to even things out, if Ohio State played in the SEC they would be a #14 seed in the NIT, etc etc etc

There, I did all the work for you skaven. :gomer:

I agree 10000% :gomer:

... except that OSU would be the #1 or #2 team in the SEC. Unlike football, the rest of the SEC sucks this year in basketball. After two Final Four teams last year, I thought the SEC would be better this year. Maybe Tennessee and Vanderbilt can surprise me in the tourney, but I doubt it

Florida could play Purdue and Wisconsin en route to meeting OSU in the final. Big10 Smackdown of epic proportions... :rofl:

or Zona could knock out Florida in the second round. They are a good eight seed.

Racing Truth
03-14-07, 04:03 PM
Tourney home page (tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men)

Group: OffCamber

ID#: 159513
Password: gommendymania :gomer:

Racing Truth
03-14-07, 07:57 PM
Tourney home page (tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/men)

Group: OffCamber

ID#: 159513
Password: gommendymania :gomer:

bump
:tony:

rabbit
03-17-07, 03:32 PM
Wow. Nice comeback Ohio State. :thumbup:

dando
03-17-07, 04:12 PM

$, baby. :cool:

(goes to hospital for treatment) :eek: :saywhat:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
03-18-07, 12:32 AM
Villanova is out, but since it is Villanova, instead of rioting, it just means they wont tip well tonight. :laugh:

jcollins28
03-18-07, 01:14 PM
Hey you think this chick will be at the SC/Texas game today?

http://images.bruinsnation.com/images/user/6/SCCheer.Texas.06.jpg

skaven
03-18-07, 01:19 PM
Feeling out of place in the Midwest bracket... bring on the Seversons, the Butlers and the Badgers please. :D

dando
03-18-07, 07:34 PM
USC > UT.

That's all I'm sayin', yo. :gomer:

-Kevin

jcollins28
03-18-07, 09:09 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/42f6f9af-388b-408b-8ec5-dc2cdeb83db7.jpg
I usually keep up to date on Pac 10 news. I had no idea that Oregan was no longer called the "DUCKS". Hmm I can only imagine that the new mascot must be a hit with the ladies on campus.

dando
03-23-07, 01:19 PM

Ya still breathing after last night's escape? :eek: :thumbup: I'm gonna hafta watch tomorrow's game from the ER, just in case. ;)

-Kevin

Racing Truth
03-23-07, 02:25 PM
Ya still breathing after last night's escape? :eek: :thumbup: I'm gonna hafta watch tomorrow's game from the ER, just in case. ;)

-Kevin

I had to get up early today, and couldn't believe they did it again!:thumbup:

skaven
03-24-07, 10:48 AM
Tennessee and Vandy both go down by one point... I was so ready to get my SEC SPEED chant on. ;)

In the Off Camber bracket, I have 7 of 8, but picked Texas A&M to go to the Final Four.

Got to watch Butler-Florida with Spickly at BC last night. Much fun and a good, close game. It's always good to beat some Bulldogs... even ones not from Jawja. :D

dando
03-24-07, 11:16 AM
Tennessee and Vandy both go down by one point... I was so ready to get my SEC SPEED chant on. ;)

And I was so ready to my white boys from Indyanna chant on last night. :p

-Kevin

skaven
03-24-07, 12:09 PM
And I was so ready to my white boys from Indyanna chant on last night. :p

Two games in a row you had that chant primed, eh?

C'mon Final Four ! ! !

Ankf00
03-24-07, 12:35 PM
Acie Law IV!!! w00000!!! national player of the year!!!!! no one is more clutch!!!!! look at him miss all those last minute shots!!!! w0000!!! wooden award!!! heisman trohpy!!! w0000!!!

:gomer:

rosawendel
03-24-07, 09:33 PM
if i hear the phrase "the big fella!" one more time i'm going to reach through the tele and bi+ch slap someone.

dando
03-31-07, 10:48 PM
Props, yo? :cool: :thumbup:

Bring on dem Gaytors. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

ferrarigod
04-01-07, 01:27 AM
I'm sooooo tired of this OSU/UF shitake.

Ed_Severson
04-01-07, 10:51 AM
I'm sooooo tired of this OSU/UF shitake.

I would be too, if I had a fencepost up my ass for that long. :D

skaven
04-01-07, 01:56 PM
Bring on dem Gaytors. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Cheers to that ! ! ! :thumbup:

If Florida wins, does that mean the Buckeyes hate the Gators more than they hate the Wolverines? :p

dando
04-01-07, 02:52 PM
If Florida wins, does that mean the Buckeyes hate the Gators more than they hate the Wolverines? :p

Never. Muck Fichigan 4ever! UM h8 goes to 11. :thumbup: :tony:

I'll just be laffing @ y'all when Billy D. goes to UK. :gomer:

-Kevin

ferrarigod
04-01-07, 10:10 PM
Just found out i'm going to ATL with a hobag.very nice. leaving in the am after class :thumbup:

i don't know what i'm cheering for. I think I'm going to pretend to be an IRL fan for the day, and just be a self described 'place' fan. You just don't know what the Georgia Dome means.

smell ya later:gomer:

Hard Driver
04-02-07, 09:05 AM

Vandy was robbed. The Georgetown guy had to travel to score the winning basket with 2.5 sec left. Lucky he didn't get caught.

(I know old news, but I have not been in this thread)

So the SEC Should have had another one go on.

Spicoli
04-02-07, 09:50 AM

In the Off Camber bracket, I have 7 of 8, but picked Texas A&M to go to the Final Four.

Got to watch Butler-Florida with Spickly at BC last night. Much fun and a good, close game. It's always good to beat some Bulldogs... even ones not from Jawja. :D

Yes. good game, great to see ya again. wifey thought you were a nice guy (which is unusual with most of my friends. )

Good luck tonight.:thumbup:

Andrew Longman
04-02-07, 12:08 PM
Just needed to point out the Lady Knights are in the Finals in that "other" bracket. :D

dando
04-02-07, 12:13 PM
Just needed to point out the Lady Knights are in the Finals in that "other" bracket. :D

I thought about y'all last night as coach Stringer and the scarlet letter ladies kicked the crap outta LSU. :thumbup: Good luck against coach Summit and the lady Vols tomorrow night.

As for tonight, it's Gaytor on a stick! :cool:

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
04-02-07, 12:49 PM

My brother works at a restaurant about 10 miles from downtown, he said the lesbians were out in full force for the Final Four yesterday.

Andrew Longman
04-02-07, 12:54 PM
I thought about y'all last night as coach Stringer and the scarlet letter ladies kicked the crap outta LSU. :thumbup: Good luck against coach Summit and the lady Vols tomorrow night.

As for tonight, it's Gaytor on a stick! :cool:

-Kevin

I watched the second half of the game prior against ASU. I think ASU might have made 3-4 FGs the whole second half. RUs defense was so smothering it almost made me uncomfortable to watch. I felt really sorry for the gals on ASU.

Considering how badly they played through December RU seems like a team of destiny now.

Andrew Longman
04-02-07, 12:56 PM
My brother works at a restaurant about 10 miles from downtown, he said the lesbians were out in full force for the Final Four yesterday.

I don't think that had anything to do with the Final Four. Either that's just a Cleveland thing or its just what women happen to say to your brother.:p

dando
04-02-07, 12:59 PM
I watched the second half of the game prior against ASU. I think ASU might have made 3-4 FGs the whole second half. RUs defense was so smothering it almost made me uncomfortable to watch. I felt really sorry for the gals on ASU.

Considering how badly they played through December RU seems like a team of destiny now.

That D is a trademark of a Stringer coached team. The lady Bucks had some classic showdowns with her teams when she coached @ Iowa in the late 80s and early 90s. The championship game against UT should be a classic. And if UT plays as stupidly as they did last night against UNC, the scarlet letters will win.

-Kevin

SteveH
04-02-07, 01:49 PM

I'm in Atlanta for the games and have to agree. Was walking around downtown yesterday and saw a threesome doing a group hug while walking. Saw a few more couples. One twosome was kind of cute. Most weren't. The threesome wasn't. The best thing I could say about them was that they were economy sized. :gomer:

Off to Nuevo Loredo Cantina in a few hours for a pre-game Mexi-dinner. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
04-02-07, 05:54 PM
I'm in Atlanta for the games and have to agree. Was walking around downtown yesterday and saw a threesome doing a group hug while walking. Saw a few more couples. One twosome was kind of cute. Most weren't. The threesome wasn't. The best thing I could say about them was that they were economy sized. :gomer:

Off to Nuevo Loredo Cantina in a few hours for a pre-game Mexi-dinner. :thumbup:

Uh, I'm talking about the women's final four, in Cleveland. :gomer:

rabbit
04-02-07, 10:10 PM
This just in: Billy Packer is still obnoxious. :yuck:

Ankf00
04-02-07, 11:40 PM
man this must really suck for ferrarigod, you know with that whole "I love Ohio State more than Florida" business he declared last fall. :laugh:

Don Quixote
04-03-07, 12:17 AM
still waiting for Florida to miss a shot....

rabbit
04-03-07, 12:42 AM
still waiting for Florida to miss a shot....

still waiting for Ohio State to make a 3.... :shakehead

devilmaster
04-03-07, 12:58 AM
man this must really suck for ferrarigod, you know with that whole "I love Ohio State more than Florida" business he declared last fall. :laugh:

But didn't he then move on to USC? :confused:

His random fandom needs a bracket all to itself. :gomer:

rabbit
04-03-07, 01:26 AM
But didn't he then move on to USC? :confused:

His random fandom needs a bracket all to itself. :gomer:

We should start a pool. Everybody can fill out a bracket to guess who he'll be rooting for this time next year. :)

dando
04-03-07, 10:53 AM
*sigh*

Gotered again. :saywhat:

Congrats to the Gaytors. :thumbup:

I'll bet Billy D. looks really good in UK blue. :gomer:

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
04-03-07, 03:00 PM
Joakim Noah looks like the frutty Ank from American Idol.

Ankf00
04-03-07, 03:18 PM
that dude doesn't even have a guy's name, he fruited it up himself to validate his fruitiness I think.

dando
04-03-07, 04:08 PM
Joakim Noah looks like the frutty Ank from American Idol.

:D

Sanjaya rules! :gomer:

Sadly, I don't even watch that crap, but I hear all about it during the 'news'. :saywhat:

-Kevin

ChampcarShark
04-03-07, 06:09 PM
Who won anyways?????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sean O'Gorman
04-03-07, 06:33 PM
There was no game yesterday.

ferrarigod
04-03-07, 07:10 PM

well, I do love OSU more, still. But the fact remains that I just don't give a rats ass about basketball. I have been to 3 UF games and all were this year. Orange Bowl pregame, season and this.

I'm not a fan of OSU or UF basketball cause I just don't care. But I'll tell you what, this fencepost in my butt hurts and I'm getting tired of getting complaints from friends in Ohio and getting made fun of by friends here at UF and on the interwebs. you all are quickly ruining my life.

I am teh suk.

still and alwayz love Ferrari however. ferrarig00b i remain :)

skaven
04-03-07, 09:31 PM
Woo Hoo ! ! ! :)

Hate the Gators all you want, but I'm so proud of my boys. They came back to win a title and had to deal with a bullseye on their chest from every team in every game this year. Noah had to deal with the "UG-LY" chants at every SEC road game. They turned down millions to stay in school and played a brand of unselfish basketball that you don't often see today. Rather than trying to "audition for the pros", they made the extra pass and trusted in their teammates to do the same.

OSU played them tough and Oden is a beast. I predicted that he'd get two fouls in the first minute and bypass the bench and go straight to the NBA, but he played smart and strong and I am very much impressed with his game. If OSU had made some threes, it would have been a much different game. In a best-of-seven series, OSU would win some games for sure.

It's great to be a Florida Gator ! ! ! ! :thumbup:

skaven
04-03-07, 09:34 PM
I'll bet Billy D. looks really good in UK blue. :gomer:

-Kevin

Roy Williams will never leave Kansas... Billy D will never leave Gainesville. :flame:

It almost would be an insult if he doesn't follow the example of the four sophomores who turned down NBA millions to stay in school.

Anyway, I hope the AD will pony up the $$$ to keep Billy.

skaven
04-03-07, 09:36 PM
Yes. good game, great to see ya again. wifey thought you were a nice guy (which is unusual with most of my friends. )

Good luck tonight.:thumbup:

Thanks for the good vibes. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
04-03-07, 10:12 PM
They turned down millions to stay in school

Well, it is the SEC, so its not like it would've been that much of a pay increase to move to the NBA...

skaven
04-03-07, 11:56 PM
Well, it is the SEC, so its not like it would've been that much of a pay increase to move to the NBA...

Then there is that too... ;)

When Noah went into the stands after the game, I thought he was auditioning for the Pacers... but he was just going up to hug his mom.

Andrew Longman
04-04-07, 04:41 AM
Lady Kah-nigitts go down... er lose.:cry:

dando
04-04-07, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqrkSskzQOk&eurl

Die, Albert, die! :gomer: ;) :saywhat:

Condolences to the scarlet letters last knight. :(

-Kevin

dando
04-04-07, 06:16 PM
It almost would be an insult if he doesn't follow the example of the four sophomores who turned down NBA millions to stay in school.

After he got on his soap box about how kids should stay in school, he would be viewed every bit as badly as Nick Saban and all of the weasels like him.

-Kevin

Ankf00
04-04-07, 06:38 PM
what the **** ever. he turned down a massive contract upgrade last year b/c his kids stayed.

besides, 2 are sons of NBA players, the other of a tennis pro, only one of 'em isn't from an affluent background, oooooooh, what a horrible burden shoved upon them to suffer through another year of youth, how unfortunate

rabbit
04-04-07, 07:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqrkSskzQOk&eurl

Die, Albert, die! LOL at the guy who just walked up and kicked him in the balls. :laugh:

dando
04-04-07, 08:44 PM
what the **** ever. he turned down a massive contract upgrade last year b/c his kids stayed.

besides, 2 are sons of NBA players, the other of a tennis pro, only one of 'em isn't from an affluent background, oooooooh, what a horrible burden shoved upon them to suffer through another year of youth, how unfortunate

Yeah, you're right Ank. I guess you shouldn't practice what preach about loyalty, etc. Perhaps you should have heard the comments before forming an opinion. Also, the alternate take on him not taking the jack is that he wasn't willing to commit long term. YMMV.

-Kevin

Spicoli
04-04-07, 09:12 PM
would you morons give this thing a rest?

sheeese.

:shakehead

Ankf00
04-05-07, 10:58 AM
Yeah, you're right Ank. I guess you shouldn't practice what preach about loyalty, etc. Perhaps you should have heard the comments before forming an opinion. Also, the alternate take on him not taking the jack is that he wasn't willing to commit long term. YMMV.

-Kevin

A national title, his 2nd national final this decade, all his players coming back, a supportive AD and a massive slush fund, I don't buy the "not willing to commit." The last time he took the cash Mike Miller left early and Billy D's new contract was the reason why. Billy D's cashing in, why can't he. So this time he decided to pass. I heard the press conference, and if he leaves for the premier program in america, a program he helped resurrect in the 90's with a national title and final fours, I don't see how that's hypocritical. And even if so, there's a Pacific Ocean of difference between a guy like him and a whore like Saban or Erikkson, or even guys like Rich Rod, Petrino, and Gillispie talking out of both sides of their mouths, and playing sides against each other for $$$

would you morons give this thing a rest?

sheeese.

:shakehead

shouldn't you be skiing into a tree right about now?

Spicoli
04-05-07, 12:29 PM
A national title, his 2nd national final this decade, all his players coming back, a supportive AD and a massive slush fund, I don't buy the "not willing to commit." The last time he took the cash Mike Miller left early and Billy D's new contract was the reason why. Billy D's cashing in, why can't he. So this time he decided to pass. I heard the press conference, and if he leaves for the premier program in america, a program he helped resurrect in the 90's with a national title and final fours, I don't see how that's hypocritical. And even if so, there's a Pacific Ocean of difference between a guy like him and a whore like Saban or Erikkson, or even guys like Rich Rod, Petrino, and Gillispie talking out of both sides of their mouths, and playing sides against each other for $$$

shouldn't you be skiing into a tree right about now?

that's all you got Ank? :laugh:

Ankf00
04-05-07, 12:58 PM

that's all you got Ank? :laugh:

no, I got powder this weekend. that's what I got. :gomer:

(and I am teh r0x0r at the skiing gooderer-ness, w00t!)

Spicoli
04-05-07, 12:59 PM
no, I got powder this weekend. that's what I got. :gomer:

(and I am teh r0x0r at the skiing gooderer-ness, w00t!)

yeah. I got flat and cold. friggin 20 degrees here in indy.

have fun lil buddee. :gomer2:

skaven
04-27-07, 03:42 PM
Sorry to drag this thread up again...

While looking at this photo of MOP Brewer, I noticed Humpty setting up beyond the 3-point arc... then I noticed Troy getting sacked again in the background. I missed that during the game. :eek:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/andyjung/Brewersacktroy.jpg

:honk: :p

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e170/andyjung/banners2-1.jpg

Ankf00
04-27-07, 04:01 PM
:HONK: