PDA

View Full Version : Craig Gore

rabbit
03-11-07, 01:53 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/35904/

“Right now it appears as though we’ll have a 17 or 18 car grid for the first race of the season. 17 or 18 cars is a good grid, but there’s probably a couple of team owners that should have two cars (apiece) out there that aren’t applying the funding to do it.

“The rest of us are busting our asses 24/7 to do two cars and what Dan Pettit and Paul Gentilozzi are doing (by consolidating singleton car programs at RuSPORT and Rocketsports into a two car “technical partnership”) is, in my opinion, crap. As I said, I think a 17 or 18 car grid is feasible but it would be better to have twenty cars; I think the series would benefit hugely. As series owners, I think it’s their responsibility to run two cars.”

Although he says that series co-owner Gerald Forsythe has so far “sent the wrong message” to the other teams and the series fans by only running one car in testing (for Paul Tracy), Gore believes that
Forsythe Championship Racing -- like the PKV Racing owned by series co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven -- will, ultimately, field a second car this season.

“I’m not a racer, I’m a businessman,” said Gore. “But I’m making a serious investment in the sport of auto racing here in the United States. When Dan Pettit and Paul Gentilozzi don’t make a similar investment what message does that send? It’s time to stop treating guys like Dale Coyne, Eric Bachelart and Keith Wiggins like Grade B shareholders.”:eek:

Spicoli
03-11-07, 02:00 AM
http://www.smileyvillage.com/smilies/party0042.gif (http://www.smileyvillage.com)

devilmaster
03-11-07, 02:03 AM
Time to roast David Phillips now.... he's doomin and gloomin too.... :rofl:

rabbit
03-11-07, 02:04 AM
Time to roast David Phillips now.... he's doomin and gloomin too.... :rofl:

They were firing preemptive shots earlier today over at CW. Somebody said RM and DP should star in a remake of "Grumpy Old Men."

TravelGal
03-11-07, 02:05 AM
aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi !!!!!!!!!

emjaya
03-11-07, 04:29 AM
Gore is not in motor racing to make friends, is he. He stirs up trouble in V8 taxi's as well. Makes good copy for the local media. :D

Which reminds me, the local fishwrapper had some Gore and Stoddard comments on Champcar last week.

I looked, but I couldn't find the article on the papers website so I was lazy and said nothing. :o

However from memory, they both blame TG for the AOW downfall, the merger is dead, but if TG comes to Champcar they will listen, they see the future for CCWS in more overseas races and teams from countries like Australia and Europe ie: F1 lite.

They are both very upbeat and think CCWS is on the way up,,,,,,. :\

Hesketh
03-11-07, 07:24 AM
"Craig Gore co-owner of Team Australia has never been known as a shrinking violet. If Spring Training is any indication, he will increasingly be a force to be reckoned with among the ranks of Champ Car team owners. The purveyor of the newly-launched (in America) Aussie Vineyards line of wines spent part of his time at Spring Training handing out 18” lengths of rope to his fellow team owners and Champ Car officials..."

to hang themselves??? :confused:

chop456
03-11-07, 08:56 AM
I like Craig Gore now. :D

KLang
03-11-07, 09:05 AM
Their first wine distributed in America is using the label Au. Hasn't shown up in my local wine store yet but I'll be trying it as soon as it does.

I have said and still think Forsythe will be running two cars in Vegas.

Wally
03-11-07, 11:00 AM
Kudos to Mr. Gore, hope he continues to stir the pot.:thumbup:

Insomniac
03-11-07, 11:12 AM
Good for him and a very good point.

Edit: Thinking about it more, given the equity stake of all parties, it is balanced for KK and GF to run 2 cars and PG and DP to run 1 each. It would be nice if something could be done to get 20 cars though.

SurfaceUnits
03-11-07, 11:18 AM
"Craig Gore co-owner of Team Australia has never been known as a shrinking violet. If Spring Training is any indication, he will increasingly be a force to be reckoned with among the ranks of Champ Car team owners. The purveyor of the newly-launched (in America) Aussie Vineyards line of wines spent part of his time at Spring Training handing out 18” lengths of rope to his fellow team owners and Champ Car officials..."

to hang themselves??? :confused:to pull together

RTKar
03-11-07, 11:34 AM
Their first wine distributed in America is using the label Au. Hasn't shown up in my local wine store yet but I'll be trying it as soon as it does.

I have said and still think Forsythe will be running two cars in Vegas.

Au...that's gold Jerry ...gold!

RTKar
03-11-07, 11:36 AM
to pull together

I'm all knotted up over this season.

SurfaceUnits
03-11-07, 11:37 AM
I'm all knotted up over this season.

you're just not drinkin enuff

extramundane
03-11-07, 12:55 PM
So do we call him FCG now? :gomer: