PDA

View Full Version : Qatar GP - Moto GP ( Spoilers )

emjaya
03-11-07, 01:32 AM
Well, this years off to a good start.

Stoner wins his first gp and the first 800cc race.
Looks like the move to Ducati was a good one, Honda was always going to push Pedrosa as number 1 with all the Repsol money.

So many talking points and it's all about the racing.

the straight line speed of the Ducati, what a rocketship.

the 800cc bikes, faster than the 990s. :eek:

the handling of the Yamaha.

Rossi under brakes - fantastic.

The Bridgestone medium over the Michelin hard compound. The "what if Rossi was on a Medium"? questions.

Fiat stickers on the Yamaha, Rossi to Ferrari in 2010?

What happen to Hayden?

I'm hooked.:D

Spicoli
03-11-07, 01:47 AM
:thumbup:

in the village tomorrow eve.

G.
03-11-07, 07:42 PM
Still the best racing in racing!

That needs to be in HD, so we REALLY see how outta control they are running.

I recognized the names in the top ten, imagine that!

If I buy some Repsol, I can get a Rossi scale model.

Spicoli
03-11-07, 07:56 PM
great race.

Rossi and Stoner were fun as hell to watch.

WTF - Nicky?> 8th???

RusH
03-11-07, 08:02 PM
:thumbup:

Stoner`s first win. It could have gone Rossi`s way at any time but Bridgestone and Ducati had the goods. I watched it yesterday..didn`t want to spoil the Speed broadcast.
I have the S-Video on my laptop hooked up to the 55 inch TV and watched it on MotoGP.com.
:D

DagoFast
03-11-07, 08:33 PM
Damn I needed that!

Excellent race! Something tells me the boys at Yamaha are already back at work on the dyno.:D

oddlycalm
03-11-07, 10:33 PM
Stoner :thumbup: Ducati :thumbup: Stoner looking a lot more grown up on the track this year and the Ducati has power to burn.

WTF - Nicky?> 8th??? Honda built the bike to suit Pedrosa, not Nicky. Pedrosa is Spanish and with Repsol calling the shots for the team and Dorna being commercial rights holder for MotoGP Hayden simply doesn't matter. :shakehead Nicky's loyalty to Honda is misplaced IMO.

oc

eiregosod
03-12-07, 01:34 PM
4 diferent makes in the top 4.

Ankf00
03-12-07, 01:45 PM
when's speed going to re-air?

spinner26
03-12-07, 06:14 PM
Stoner :thumbup: Ducati :thumbup: Stoner looking a lot more grown up on the track this year and the Ducati has power to burn.

Honda built the bike to suit Pedrosa, not Nicky. Pedrosa is Spanish and with Repsol calling the shots for the team and Dorna being commercial rights holder for MotoGP Hayden simply doesn't matter. :shakehead Nicky's loyalty to Honda is misplaced IMO.

oc

I thought, yes I know, that Nicky was the Guinea pig last year and the bike was to fit his needs. I understand the whole Repsol, Pedrosa thing, but Honda is way wrong for allowing this to happen.

I will also say I believe Nicky is only back this year b/c he won the championship. If things are going to continue to be in Pedro's favor, I say The Kt. Kid starts looking now for a new ride.

emjaya
03-12-07, 07:15 PM
If we believe the rumours, the FIAT stickers on the Yamaha are a sign that Rossi will be going to Ferrari when his current contract runs out. :saywhat:

Hayden needs to take a walk up to Yamaha.

Spicoli
03-12-07, 07:57 PM
If we believe the rumours, the FIAT stickers on the Yamaha are a sign that Rossi will be going to Ferrari when his current contract runs out. :saywhat:

Hayden needs to take a walk up to Yamaha.

Agreed on both counts.

G.
03-13-07, 01:35 PM
Didn't Honduh screw themselves out of having Rossi as a driver?

Rossi said "pay me more", Honduh said "it's the bike, not the driver", then Rossi went to Yamahama and introduced Honduh to "the doctor" every weekend.

(was explained to me that way, what do I know)

The more things change...

emjaya
03-19-07, 04:50 PM
Interesting article on top speeds in Moto GP by Dennis Noyes at Speed.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/motogp/36067/?page=1

oddlycalm
03-19-07, 10:23 PM
Interesting article on top speeds in Moto GP by Dennis Noyes at Speed.

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/moto/motogp/36067/?page=1 Interesting and also a bit alarming if you are Yamaha or Rossi. My favorite comment was this...

Just how slow was the M1 (Rossi's Yamaha) ? Well, it would have been the 17th fastest out of the 23 bikes entered in the World Superbike round held at the same Losail track on March 24th.

Ankf00
04-11-07, 01:49 PM
what's up with the month long break between events?

I needs me some moto!!!

RichK
04-11-07, 02:03 PM
what's up with the month long break between events?

I needs me some moto!!!

You should try autocrossing this weekend. :)

Ankf00
04-11-07, 03:03 PM
skiing > parking lot circles

:)

I suppose it's a good thing though, the month will lend more time to Yamaha to catch up on the HP side... which might finally net Colin a win, providing he doesn't drop it on the final corner again :saywhat:

RichK
04-11-07, 03:29 PM
providing he doesn't drop it on the final corner again :saywhat:

That was painful to watch on many levels. The logo in the background was especially cool, though....:laugh:

http://www.ybis.at/tourenbike/pics/fun/fundstueck/200606/edwards_2.jpg
http://www.ybis.at/tourenbike/pics/fun/fundstueck/200606/edwards_3.jpg

Ankf00
04-18-07, 03:07 PM
ugh, that was a painful day :(

this weekend, back to some action, w00t!

Spicoli
04-18-07, 04:08 PM
ugh, that was a painful day :(

this weekend, back to some action, w00t!

finally.:irked:

Ankf00
04-18-07, 05:01 PM
the more time for Yamaha to better dominatez0r the peoples!

Ankf00
04-22-07, 06:47 PM
wtf happened? :saywhat:

RichK
04-22-07, 08:10 PM

Michelins sucked today.

eiregosod
04-22-07, 09:32 PM
moe like the rodeo with all the riders hanging onto their machines.

Michelin can no longer make the tyres on the saturday then ship them to the track for the race.

Spicoli
04-23-07, 09:51 AM

wow, helluva race. Told you Stoner had the goods. nice pileup. Rossi stank it up.

Hopper seemed a littel upset at the end, but did you see his G/F? :eek: cure girl! :D

Michelins just suck.
Sad to see nicky sucking the major suck just due to tires. :irked:

eiregosod
04-23-07, 10:01 AM
but did you see his G/F? :eek: cure girl! :D

highlight of the race! :D

opinionated ow
04-23-07, 10:35 AM
for me this was a special race. anzac day-the day where aus and nz commemorate all their servicemen and women is just around the corner. anzac day (april 25) is the day in which aus and nz troops stormed the Turkish Gallipoli peninsula. basically it was a blood bath. BUT the turks and the aussies formed a bond on those terrible slopes and beaches of what is now known as ANZAC Cove. To this day the turkish keep and maintain ANZAC cove and war memorials for aussie, nz and turkish troops.

anyway my point is this. it was a moving moment for me to see an Australian win, in turkey, just 3 days before ANZAC Day, to the very loud cheers of the turkish audience. it may not have affected anyone else like that, but was a special moment for your trully.

oddlycalm
04-23-07, 02:18 PM
Stoner :thumbup: Ducati:thumbup: :thumbup:

You gotta love it when a small Italian factory can school the Japanese giants. :D Sorry that Pedrosa's bit of racing karma came at the expense of Colin Edwards.

oc

emjaya
04-23-07, 05:07 PM
Vermeulen was caught up in that as well.:irked:

Ankf00
04-23-07, 05:10 PM
You gotta love it when a small Italian factory can school the Japanese giants. :D
oc

may have been true while Colin rode for Aprilia, but not anymore I don't :p

oddlycalm
04-24-07, 11:49 PM
may have been true while Colin rode for Aprilia, but not anymore I don't :p Nice bit of backspin on that return...:D :thumbup:

I still like seeing the Ducati with Stoner on it kick sand in the eyes of the big factories.

Vermeulen was caught up in that as well.:irked: Took no pleasure in seeing Vermeulen or Edwards get bowling balled, just Pedrosa.

oc

emjaya
04-25-07, 04:39 AM
I still like seeing the Ducati with Stoner on it kick sand in the eyes of the big factories.

yup, me too.:D

Took no pleasure in seeing Vermeulen or Edwards get bowling balled, just Pedrosa.

oc

:laugh:

G.
04-25-07, 11:25 AM
for me this was a special race. anzac day-the day where aus and nz commemorate all their servicemen and women is just around the corner. anzac day (april 25) is the day in which aus and nz troops stormed the Turkish Gallipoli peninsula. basically it was a blood bath. BUT the turks and the aussies formed a bond on those terrible slopes and beaches of what is now known as ANZAC Cove. To this day the turkish keep and maintain ANZAC cove and war memorials for aussie, nz and turkish troops.

anyway my point is this. it was a moving moment for me to see an Australian win, in turkey, just 3 days before ANZAC Day, to the very loud cheers of the turkish audience. it may not have affected anyone else like that, but was a special moment for your trully.

http://www.comics.com/comics/frazz/archive/images/frazz2091644070424.gif

(Note this does NOT make fun of soldiers in any way. The comic is very respectful of all who serve.)

RichK
04-25-07, 11:56 AM
I guess Calvin got new work after Calvin & Hobbes went out of business. And he looks all grown up!

:laugh:

(Glad to see Pedrobot get his too, btw)

Ankf00
05-06-07, 01:19 PM
Shanghai in a few hours.

'bout damn time, too. Had about enough of Spickly's closet IRL lovefest around here :saywhat:

G.
05-06-07, 02:18 PM
Shanghai in a few hours.

'bout damn time, too. Had about enough of Spickly's closet IRL lovefest around here :saywhat:Cool.

F&F, Tokyo Dirft should be over by then.:gomer:

Spicoli
05-06-07, 04:06 PM
Shanghai in a few hours.

'bout damn time, too. Had about enough of Spickly's closet IRL lovefest around here :saywhat:

Kiss my grits noodlehead.

:gomer: