PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson

Pages : 1 [2]

chop456
06-08-07, 07:18 AM
I just listened to the Globecast Radio podcast wth John Hindaugh. It was the 5/16 edition - I'm catching up. :gomer:

They interviewed Johnson during the London stop of the Euro P.R tour. He went on about how China was an important market. He thought people didn't really understand why it was important, but it's hot. And people want to be there because of that.

They smashed Danica for always blaming her team, too. Called her "Mrs. Hospital" (?)

It was funny and telling to hear 3 British guys rail about how pathetic the 500 has become, too.

jonovision_man
06-08-07, 09:02 AM
http://champcarftp.com/sjpdx.wav

ok, check this ******** interview out and tell me this idiot shouldn't be fired.:shakehead

(he's getting his *** handed to him alll over the websites today)

guy's an idiot. i feel so sorry for those that have to work with him.:(

I like the part where he implies NASCAR fans don't own their own homes. :rofl:

jono

opinionated ow
06-08-07, 09:28 AM
They smashed Danica for always blaming her team, too. Called her "Mrs. Hospital" (?)

may well have been Mrs Hospenthal.

Spicoli
06-08-07, 10:08 AM
I like the part where he implies NASCAR fans don't own their own homes. :rofl:

jono

I agree. He has an awesome command of the English language, and a true penchant for PR effectiveness. :thumbup:

Idiot. Bad enough we have everone else picking on us, but now we have internal bleeding

:clubracing:

:shakehead

robot9000
06-08-07, 11:19 AM
So, do you think they will broom him during the season, or after the last race. Or, um, the break before the last race. I mean the break before the last break before the alst race of the season. The race that may not happen, which makes the second to the last break the last break. I think.

Oh Buggers... Fire this clown already. :flame:

http://www.die-simpsons.de/subs/krusty/pics/Bilder/krusty14_gif.jpg

FTG
06-08-07, 04:02 PM
:clubracing:

:shakehead

Can't be. Club racing is a niche sport. If there's one thing that almost everyone here agrees on it's that Champ Car is main stream: a notch below Paris Hilton and American Idol.

nrc
06-08-07, 06:39 PM
Can't be. Club racing is a niche sport. If there's one thing that almost everyone here agrees on it's that Champ Car is main stream: a notch below Paris Hilton and American Idol.

Let it go.

greenie
06-09-07, 02:52 AM
:laugh:

I expected a more "vivid" response from you.:D

You know, it's hard to even muster up the hate anymore. As a kid I always wondered how guys walk into the execution chamber without sucker punching someone (or at least haucking a lugie). Now I think they get worn down, and I'm feeling there front and center. I'll still hope that Champ Car throws a punch, but that interview was flat out disgraceful.

After the BK hearing this series had motivation from hardcores like you and me and everyone here, but this is the point that I have to believe that maybe enough's enough. There's been no progress whatsoever (and by that I mean what matters - competitive car counts - period), and anyone who claims so is full of crap IMO. The good will from me is going "poof", and that interview is exhibit A.

SJ is an incompetent buffoon IMO. Saving grace is that the races have been relatively entertaining this year (though being at two of them in person helped) - add more cars to generate lapped traffic and you might be on to something.

Add more concerts, drifting, ,,,losers,,, and you might as well just close up shop.

Hope to see a good race Sunday. :booze:

Spicoli
07-14-07, 10:56 PM
http://i17.tinypic.com/4kveow6.jpg

:D

Its goood to be right sometimes.

TravelGal
07-15-07, 01:02 AM
Been waiting for you to get back and post about this. Thanks for including the picture of your vacation. :gomer:

gpflepsen
07-16-07, 02:42 PM
http://i17.tinypic.com/4kveow6.jpg

:D

Its goood to be right sometimes.

Why'd it take four months to come to fruition? Honestly, this is how a huckster weatherman takes their credit.

"it's going to rain"... three weeks later it rains, "see, I tolds ya!":shakehead

Yes no questions: Is Steve Johnson still holding the title role he had a week ago?

Does Tony Cottman answer to SJ? :)

Spicoli
07-16-07, 04:09 PM
Why'd it take four months to come to fruition? Honestly, this is how a huckster weatherman takes their credit.

"it's going to rain"... three weeks later it rains, "see, I tolds ya!":shakehead

Yes no questions: Is Steve Johnson still holding the title role he had a week ago?

Does Tony Cottman answer to SJ? :)

WGAF. SJ is responsible for the winter's total lack of momentum, is a horrible spokesman, can't deliver on promises, and doesn't even understand the series (Portland Interview?)

You can call it what you want, but being put in charge of "Sales" at CCWS is pretty much like being shown the door. :laugh:

Time will tell.

nrc
07-16-07, 06:21 PM
Honestly, this is how a huckster weatherman takes their credit.

Forecast calls for closed with a chance of afternoon closed.