PDA

View Full Version : Almond digger Futiliy . . . Las Vegas

Wheel-Nut
03-10-07, 09:29 AM
DNQ . . . TRB teammate . . . . DNQ. That is all. See you next week!!

Spicoli
03-10-07, 09:33 AM
oh snap!

:D

Do you think there's the remotestest possibility that Nuthead sees the opportunity to call Uncle Gerry and make up? :p

Wheel-Nut
03-10-07, 10:05 AM
^^^ I don't think so. With his new job he gets weekends off!! :eek:

NismoZ
03-10-07, 11:01 AM
Now THAT'S funny!

Badger
03-10-07, 01:03 PM
I just don't get the glee some around here get when AJ doesn't make the race. I think it makes Champcar look pretty bad when a multi race winner from our series can't even qualify in NASCAR.

Accipiter
03-10-07, 02:07 PM
0-fer-dinger.

Insomniac
03-10-07, 02:11 PM
I just don't get the glee some around here get when AJ doesn't make the race. I think it makes Champcar look pretty bad when a multi race winner from our series can't even qualify in NASCAR.

He left CC for the money and went from being the US driver in CC who was finally winning and getting some recognition to not even being able to qualify for a NASCAR race. He's a nobody in NASCAR-land, but at least he's getting paid $8M. His inability does not make CC look bad. Even if it did, no one cares anyways. It's a NICHE sport. :tony:

Racing Truth
03-10-07, 02:17 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. Says nothing good about US OW when the top American shoe can't sniff a Cup field.

I'm shocked to find this out though. I watched about half of quals and thought he'd made it. Cool weather must have helped the others.

Insomniac
03-10-07, 02:37 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. Says nothing good about US OW when the top American shoe can't sniff a Cup field.

I'm shocked to find this out though. I watched about half of quals and thought he'd made it. Cool weather must have helped the others.

The 3 time champ not being able to get into F1 speaks a lot more about the CC talent than AJ's inability to qualify a new car/team into a race where all but 8 spots are locked up regardless of how fast he is.

Insomniac
03-10-07, 02:43 PM
Can't believe I looked it up, but AJ qualified 35th. However, 9 cars slower than him get their spots first.

TKGAngel
03-10-07, 06:13 PM
Team Red Bull Blog (http://teamredbull.blogspot.com/)

Could the off-track fun be affecting the on-track performance?

extramundane
03-10-07, 06:14 PM

I think on the list of things currently making Champ Car look bad, AJ's NASCAR performance barely cracks the top 15.

nrc
03-10-07, 06:18 PM

No, it makes AJ look bad. Anyone in open wheel would tell you that while Allmendinger has tremendous raw talent, there are real questions about whether he has the maturity, professionalism, and engineering knowledge to make the transition to a completely different formula.

NismoZ
03-10-07, 07:04 PM
It sounds like many here are facing the same problem.

nrc
03-10-07, 07:32 PM
It sounds like many here are facing the same problem.

Nobody here is getting paid.

Rob
03-10-07, 07:36 PM
Can't believe I looked it up, but AJ qualified 35th. However, 9 cars slower than him get their spots first.

And he was nearly 1 mph faster than his experienced teammate Vickers, which counts for something. Still, AllmenDNQer had better get into some races soon if he doesn't want to be driving pickup trucks for the rest of his career.

jonovision_man
03-10-07, 08:21 PM
Las Vegas looks crazy dangerous now. Busch race had a few bit wrecks that didn't look like the usual NASCAR bumper car hits.

Better to be watching this one on TV...

jono

EDwardo
03-10-07, 08:48 PM
Las Vegas looks crazy dangerous now. Busch race had a few bit wrecks that didn't look like the usual NASCAR bumper car hits.

Better to be watching this one on TV...

jono

Heard a few tidbits today. The banking was doubled. Result, 10mph faster than last year. The new asphalt is exuding dust which makes the high line slick. Goodyear is really worried about tire wear. The cars will use a smaller 13 gallon fuel bladder to force shorter runs before refueling and new tires. And the track has several bumps.

Insomniac
03-10-07, 08:54 PM
And he was nearly 1 mph faster than his experienced teammate Vickers, which counts for something. Still, AllmenDNQer had better get into some races soon if he doesn't want to be driving pickup trucks for the rest of his career.

I think at some point (maybe Race 10) the 35 spot thing goes away and it may be easier for others to get in. I really don't know though. I'm sure someone here knows the rules better than me.

jonovision_man
03-10-07, 08:56 PM
Heard a few tidbits today. The banking was doubled. Result, 10mph faster than last year. The new asphalt is exuding dust which makes the high line slick. Goodyear is really worried about tire wear. The cars will use a smaller 13 gallon fuel bladder to force shorter runs before refueling and new tires. And the track has several bumps.

Just seemed that when they did hit they hit quite hard... or managed to spin before hitting causing some unfortunate wall angles. Didn't watch the whole thing, though.

jono

Andrew Longman
03-10-07, 09:25 PM
Goodyear is really worried about tire wear. The cars will use a smaller 13 gallon fuel bladder to force shorter runs before refueling and new tires. And the track has several bumps.

Turned out to be a bad idea. Tires were so hard they were slick until they got several laps into them. Many teams at some point decided to stop changing tires, at least left side tires, because it was too hard getting around on new tires and the old ones weren't wearing out anyway because they they were so hard.

I think at some point (maybe Race 10) the 35 spot thing goes away and it may be easier for others to get in. I really don't know though. I'm sure someone here knows the rules better than me.

I think it is five races that qualifying reverts to this year's top 35 in points. Bu that won't help the Toyota team until they qualify and get into the top 35.

jonovision_man
03-10-07, 10:19 PM
Goodyear is really worried about tire wear.

Drivers said it was like driving on "black ice"... looks bad for tomorrow.

jono

Insomniac
03-10-07, 11:48 PM
I think it is five races that qualifying reverts to this year's top 35 in points. Bu that won't help the Toyota team until they qualify and get into the top 35.

That's true. Unless some of the slower guys this year were in the Top 35 last year. But I don't know.

Turbodog
03-11-07, 03:40 PM
Nobody here is getting paid.

Hey that check you sent me bounced:\

G.
03-11-07, 03:58 PM
Hey that check you sent me bounced:\Hint: "one bajillion" ain't a real number.

You're welcome.

:p

nrc
03-11-07, 04:29 PM
Hint: "one bajillion" ain't a real number.

You're welcome.

:p

You can kiss your gazillion dollars goodbye tattle tail.

manic mechanic
03-14-07, 09:03 PM
With the amount of $$$ he is promised contractually, and the fact that he has yet to make a race this year...

Get ready....

Is that the definition of an "Unqualified Success"?? :laugh:

$3M a year and Sundays off...What a gig!

manic

Spicoli
03-14-07, 09:58 PM
With the amount of $$$ he is promised contractually, and the fact that he has yet to make a race this year...

Get ready....

manic

:rofl: :thumbup:

Sean Malone
03-14-07, 10:00 PM

Get ready....

manic

It really just reaffirms what a ultra competitive series NASCAR is and how difficult it is to drive the cars.

Hmm, wait a sec, didn't Montoya just win a Busch race?

Nevermind.:)

rabbit
03-14-07, 10:02 PM
You guys are brutal. :rofl:

I love it. :D