PDA

View Full Version : Brad Delp of Boston dies

TRDfan
03-09-07, 09:24 PM
Boston lead singer Brad Delp dies at 55

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

ATKINSON, N.H. -- Brad Delp, the lead singer for Boston, a huge rock sensation in the 1970s, was found dead Friday in his home, police said. He was 55.

Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play.

Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death, Baldwin said.

The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

Delp fronted the rock band, who rose to fame in the late 1970s and had several hits, including "More than A Feeling." The group sold millions of records.

KLang
03-09-07, 09:35 PM
:(

Bummer. RIP

Still one of my all-time favorite bands. The first time I saw them, More Then a Feeling had just been released and they opened up for Black Sabbath. Heck of a show.

JohnHKart
03-09-07, 11:54 PM
I just saw that on tv and Im on the net to try to get more info. I feel like I'm going to pass out. I'm completely shocked and devasted. This is going to hurt me so much!

JH

dando
03-10-07, 03:12 PM
:cry: RIP.

One of my favorite albums is their first. I saw 'em in ~'86 when they reunited for the Third Stage tour. :thumbup:

-Kevin

nissan gtp
03-10-07, 03:23 PM
I hate Boston. :thumdown: :barf:

dando
03-10-07, 03:33 PM
I hate Boston. :thumdown: :barf:

Then why post in this thread? :saywhat: :shakehead

-Kevin

JohnHKart
03-13-07, 11:09 PM
Uncalled for tastless posts like that are the reason I never post about music in this forum anymore. But then again, I don't post about racing in music or non racing forums because of similar ignorance. The outpouring of grief, emotion, compassion, and love people are showing for Brad on places like Gonna Hitch A Ride and other music forums has been comforting to see. I'm sorry I never to got to meet "the nicest guy in Rock and Roll".

JH

SteveH
03-13-07, 11:37 PM
Has the cause been determined? He was way too young. :(

JohnHKart
03-14-07, 02:52 AM
Nothing yet. It's a tough deal for me, I lost my uncle four months ago the same way (he was seven years older than Brad) and this really has me revisiting those same feelings I was starting to get over.

JH

Andrew Longman
03-14-07, 11:15 AM
When I was 17 Boston played a sold out unadvertised concert at Rider College. I found out about it hours before and climbed through a bathroom window to get in. The gym couldn't handle the power demands of the sound system so the concert was delayed for hours until they could bring in generators. The crowd played frisbee in the hot gym while we waited but in the end it was an amazing event.

I turned my kids onto Boston and now my youngest asks for me to play"More Than a Feeling" every time we get in the car. And then to play it again. And again.

RIP:(

extramundane
03-14-07, 04:41 PM
AP article- family says suicide (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070314/ap_en_mu/delp_death_3).

Bad weekend for suicides...

spinner26
03-15-07, 11:45 AM
Take it for what it's worth but Stuck and Gunner morning drive show in Indy said he had two lit charcoal grills in his bathroom and died from carbon monoxide poisoning.:shakehead