PDA

View Full Version : MiJack to Newman Haas

nrc
03-08-07, 11:44 PM
Paddock talk has a report that Michael Lanigan of MiJack, who just sold his interest in Conquest, has bought into Newman/Haas as a partner. Is this the deal that needed to happen to secure Rahal's seat.

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=49853

It's a shame because it's definitely a rich get richer story, but I don't know if anyone in the series is really "rich" right now and securing top drivers in top rides is important.

NismoZ
03-09-07, 08:27 AM
Hmmm....The League "condensed" their schedule awhile ago, CC is condensing team ownership! The handwriting was there however, if you recall the Haas Busch deal with Lanigan and..gulp...Mari!

emjaya
03-09-07, 08:48 AM
Maybe this is a way for Carl Haas to shed some of the load of running the team. Or even retire. He is 77 and not getting any younger. Newman is 83.

NismoZ
03-09-07, 01:21 PM
That was stated by PLN at the announcement and notice it is Lanigan, not Mi-Jack to N/H. Same thing, but different message, I think. And STILL no Rahal announcement but Newman says it was done 2 weeks ago and lawyers are mewely wrangling over wording.:shakehead

formulaben
03-09-07, 01:27 PM
Maybe this is a way for Carl Haas to shed some of the load of running the team. Or even retire. He is 77 and not getting any younger. Newman is 83.

I recall PLN saying that they were looking for someone who could eventually take over the team. I would think this has got to be it. Bring him in as a partner, and then eventually sell out to him. If you've got the money, I couldn't think of a better way to go Champ Car racing.