PDA

View Full Version : only 16 drivers even testing

Spicoli
03-08-07, 08:59 PM
Drivers testing at Laguna Champ Car test Here is the official list of drivers testing at Laguna Seca the next two days.

Car No. Driver Country Team
1 Sebastien Bourdais France Newman/Haas
2 Graham Rahal USA Newman/Haas
3 Paul Tracy Canada Forsythe
4 Zolt Baumgartner Hungary Minardi USA
5 Will Power Australia Team Australia
8 Alex Tagliani Canada Rocketsports
9 Justin Wilson England RuSPORT
11 Katherine Legge England Dale Coyne
14 Robert Doornbos Holland Minardi USA
15 Simon Pagenaud France Team Australia
19(Fri) Andrew Ranger Canada Dale Coyne
19(Sat) Bruno Junqueira Brazil Dale Coyne
21 Neel Jani Switzerland PKV Racing
22 Tristan Gommendy France PKV Racing
28 Ryan Dalziel Scotland Pacific Coast
29 Alex Figge USA Pacific Coast
34 Matt Halliday New Zealand Conquest Racing

:shakehead

looks like 15 cars total.

Louie
03-08-07, 09:28 PM
:shakehead

looks like 15 cars total.

That's not a far stretch to a "respectable" field by the modern (18) standard.

Sorry, best I could offer.:\

gromit
03-08-07, 10:11 PM
Hello Everyone!

Just joined a couple of days ago.

I think you mis-counted by one -- 16 cars, 17 drivers. Not that it makes a difference. The two we are really missing are big surprises in my mind -- the FCR #7 and the RuSport #10.

Not the end of the world but not great....

gromit
03-08-07, 10:13 PM
Let me append to what I just wrote about FCR and RuSport. Big surprises based on expectations of a month or so ago not necessarily based on recent news. Still hoping that we will have 18 in Vegas (that number would have been 20 a while back).

nrc
03-08-07, 10:40 PM
Hello Everyone!

I think you mis-counted by one -- 16 cars, 17 drivers. Not that it makes a difference. The two we are really missing are big surprises in my mind -- the FCR #7 and the RuSport #10.

Not the end of the world but not great....

Welcome. Always good to have someone on board who can count. :thumbup:

Honestly, are people so torn up over losing Yan Helen and Pizzonya? If everyone gets deals wrapped up and they add Fabio or some other decent driver is the field really any worse than last year? Granted, it's not the big field the Champ car owners got everyone excited about, but that's a different issue.

rabbit
03-08-07, 10:42 PM
http://www.ttiatlanta.com/Revolving_Door.gif

RTKar
03-08-07, 11:35 PM
/\ that's one of the biggest hurdles the series faces, along with revolving venues, tv deals & late in the offseason TBA's. I had hoped for a bit more stability by now.

Boatdesigner
03-09-07, 01:10 AM
I am surprised Fabio doesn't have a ride. I thought he had Daddy Bucks?

gromit
03-09-07, 01:28 AM

That and he has actually turned into a pretty good talent. I seem to be on the optimistic end of the scale today by comparison, but I am holding out some hope that he will land before Vegas.

Still have not gotten over today's shock addition to the PKV driver lineup though. :confused:

nrc
03-09-07, 01:40 AM
Could be that daddy bucks plus subsidies gets you a well used Lola but daddy bucks with no subsidies falls a bit short of a brand new DP01.

devilmaster
03-09-07, 02:29 AM
Honestly, are people so torn up over losing Yan Helen and Pizzonya? If everyone gets deals wrapped up and they add Fabio or some other decent driver is the field really any worse than last year? Granted, it's not the big field the Champ car owners got everyone excited about, but that's a different issue.

No, but when they say that the new car will cut costs, add teams, end world hunger and promote peace... one would hope they would cut Helen and Pissonya and get better drivers. 2 years ago they talked about how to re-invigorate the Atlantic division, and make it a strong feeder series, and what do we get from that? PKV still goes out and gets some guy who Vasser has never laid eyes on till today.

After Pagenaud and Rahal there was no one else to try?

chop456
03-09-07, 03:06 AM
This will be the best,,,,season,,,ever. Be patient,,,, :gomer:

GLenz
03-09-07, 06:24 AM
Friggin brilliant. Put up with Philippe when he is an inexperienced, no-name, ride buyer, only to leave him without a ride when he becomes a good driver with popularity.:shakehead

KLang
03-09-07, 07:41 AM
There is a picture taken by someone over at crapwagon showing a Minardi transporter with Philippe's name on it at the track. I don't think that list is complete.

extramundane
03-09-07, 09:14 AM
There is a picture taken by someone over at crapwagon showing a Minardi transporter with Philippe's name on it at the track.

I can show you a PKV website with Seriva & Legge's names on it too.

Spicoli
03-09-07, 09:35 AM
There is a picture taken by someone over at crapwagon showing a Minardi transporter with Philippe's name on it at the track. I don't think that list is complete.

They just did not take it off the transporter. Been over this a bunch of times.

AR1 is reporting that Nelson wasn't even there yesterday, and if you need further proof, read the Stoddie interview where he said he already has his 2 dribers.

go look it up.

all is NOT WELL, no matter how much you want it to be. :laugh:

"new to racing"? :p

Ziggy
03-09-07, 09:54 AM

:gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

Well, if its at Crapwagon it must be true. Those guys have their finger up the rectum of racing.

KLang
03-09-07, 10:36 AM
OK.

WE'RE DOOMED! :cry:

Better? :)

Spicoli
03-09-07, 10:39 AM
http://i19.tinypic.com/350mbkk.jpg

:laugh:

Fio1
03-09-07, 11:25 AM

Now that he is a race winner, he probably doesn't want to pay full pop. He's negotiating, he'll be in a car come Vegas.

Could be that daddy bucks plus subsidies gets you a well used Lola but daddy bucks with no subsidies falls a bit short of a brand new DP01.

No, not at all. Now that he runs upfront, he probably wants to get paid. Teamowners laugh and cry poor. He says he doesn't have the money anymore says he is an asset to the series, race winner etc and after months of negotiations meet half way.....

Don't worry, don't worry, be happy, it's all part of business. :cool:

Ziggy
03-09-07, 11:29 AM
KLang writes

"OK.

WE'RE DOOMED!

Better? "

Seeing how you asked and all. I would rather you took your 2608 post's on an autoracing message board and trade them in on a clue. Had you a glimmer of what the hell is going on, you would realize that signage on a transporter is not always gospel. The fact that the fine folks of Hogan/Bettenhausen/Herdez/CTE/Minardi are to busy to peal a drivers name off the side of a transporter speaks volumes on the depth of their concern as to whom will actually drive.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

When money is tight, the transporter is the last thing that gets addressed. I have seen two year old paint jobs on rigs.

BUT MAYBE HE IS STILL COMING O I WISH I WISH I WISH MY GOD MY GOD MY GOD

RAHRAHRAHRAHRAHRAHRAH

Gotta get me a Gommendy, Baumgartner, Doornbos or Jani T-shirt ASAP

Them is some kwality throttle jockeys :gomer:

extramundane
03-09-07, 11:51 AM
Gotta get me a Gommendy, Baumgartner, Doornbos or Jani T-shirt ASAP

Them is some kwality throttle jockeys :gomer:

You're just a hater. I learnt this morning that, because Gommendy has 7 victories over the last 7 years, he's at least as good as Servia, who has only 1 win :gomer:

G.
03-09-07, 12:07 PM
Gommendy = Comedy. That s**t's GOLD!

Lighten up, Ziggy. I mean, Balmy's not even a real throttle jockey!:p

(good god! To be a backup/test driver when some Comedy guy gets a ride!:laugh: )

Insomniac
03-09-07, 12:49 PM
Wow. I thought most of us thought that a) the sky is not falling (i.e. CC isn't just going to close doors tomorrow) and b) things aren't hunky doory (i.e. CC needs more money/sponsors to survive long term).

Louie
03-09-07, 07:45 PM
Hello Everyone!

16 cars, 17 drivers. ....

Hence that Minardi two seater! :D

Welcome.

cart7
03-09-07, 09:03 PM
[trackforum excuse #68] So what if there's only 16, it's a kwalty 16. You don't see Dennis Vitolo or Shiggy in there stinking it up do ya? It'll be the same close, exciting racing we've grown to love, you can bet on it. [/trackforum excuse #68]

ferrarigod
03-10-07, 01:03 AM
[trackforum excuse #68] So what if there's only 16, it's a kwalty 16. You don't see Dennis Vitolo or Shiggy in there stinking it up do ya? It'll be the same close, exciting racing we've grown to love, you can bet on it. [/trackforum excuse #68]

I've heard . . . . .

I've become aware . . . . .

Insiders have informed me . . . . .

emjaya
03-10-07, 01:14 AM
Sixteen is better than Fifteen and Fifteen is better than Fourteen and Fourteen is better than ......... :gomer:

Two is still a race. :gomer: :gomer:

Napoleon
03-10-07, 07:48 AM
Hello Everyone!

I just have to ask, does your handle come from the dog?

Hesketh
03-10-07, 02:21 PM
I just have to ask, does your handle come from the dog?

Does yours come from the Emperor?

Napoleon
03-10-07, 06:34 PM
Does yours come from the Emperor?

No I am the pig, the one in Animal Farm. I chose the name years ago on a board that had both CART and IRL fans to make a point that eventually Tony George and the IRL would be revealed to be no different then what they sought to replace and that the IRL fans were suckers being played by TG (as Napoleon did the farm animals at the Manor Farm).