PDA

View Full Version : The Back Biting Continues

DjDrOmusic
04-29-03, 05:36 PM
A few of you know that I am very involved with providing entertainment for Cruise In's for classic cars and Street rods. A lot of you knew about the little incident that I had with a few NASCAR fans after the CWS season opening gathering at Woo Doggies. I thought all the petty bickering and childish behavior was done, but boy was I wrong! It seems that the websites I use to help promote the Cruise In's that I am responsible for promoting, are run by, you guessed it, NASCAR fans, who just happen to know the three people who gave me grief. I am promoting a Cruise In this Sunday in Columbus and low and behold, all mentions of the Cruise In have disappeared and another Cruise In is getting all the publicity. So it looks like the audience on Sunday will be quite a bit smaller than I had hoped for and the dash plaques and trophies are probably going to go to waste. Thank goodness this isn't a charity event, although the proceeds were going to help out my own children. As much as we all take pride in our shots at the EARL, I can not imagine doing anything to interfere with an IRL fans source of income or with hurting an IRL charity. I certainly hope that the way these few NASCAR fans are treating me is not an indication of what all their fans are like(although I did read what was done to RaceChic at the Brickyard 400).:flame: :mad:

Napoleon
04-29-03, 05:57 PM
Now you have something in common with the Dixie Chicks.

More seriously though, I'm sorry to hear it. What jerks.

rocket
04-29-03, 06:46 PM
That's unbelievable DDO. Usually when people start acting like that it's a sign that the gene pool is pretty shallow...if ya know what I mean.:shakehead

If we have another get together at WooDoggies for the end of the year...we'll teach them the meaning of respect.;)

RTKar
04-29-03, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by rocket
That's unbelievable DDO. Usually when people start acting like that it's a sign that the gene pool is pretty shallow...if ya know what I mean.:shakehead

If we have another get together at WooDoggies for the end of the year...we'll teach them the meaning of respect.;)

IF???????? :saywhat:

Lizzerd
04-29-03, 09:32 PM
Please give us those web sites, Doc. We have been attacked and must defend ourselves.

Sean O'Gorman
04-29-03, 10:04 PM
A back biting topic and Marv Albert ISN'T mentioned?? :eek: :laugh:

rocket
04-29-03, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by RTKar
IF???????? :saywhat:

OK OK at the next get together....:D

chop456
04-30-03, 06:29 AM
Crap.

I was hoping this was a thread about Marv Albert.

BlueStang
04-30-03, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Lizzerd
Please give us those web sites, Doc. We have been attacked and must defend ourselves.

Hardpoint
04-30-03, 12:39 PM
Did any of these turds mouth-off during the Long Beach event? Gutless losers.

DjDrOmusic
04-30-03, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Lizzerd

I appreciate the help everyone, but I have a very effective way of dealing with this that involves members of various car clubs that I work with. As for a season ender at Woo Doggies, there is no "if" about it! Keep watching the forum, I'm planning on one BIG PARTY!! ;) :cool: :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
05-01-03, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by chop456
Crap.

I was hoping this was a thread about Marv Albert.

Of all the people here, you choose one of my jokes to steal? That's as pathetic as committing grand theft auto at a five star resturant, but stealing the valet parker's 81 Citation! :laugh: