Ziggy
03-02-07, 01:35 PM
Thanks

storys that place could tell

Chitowncartfreak
03-02-07, 01:37 PM
Thanks

storys that place could tell

Indeed. I was sad to see that they were ripping down some of the old houses right along the track. They helped add to the character of the place.

devilmaster
03-02-07, 01:56 PM
I missed the story on this...

How much are they redoing? Just the front straight and stands? Or are they changing the rest of the track too. :confused:

Chitowncartfreak
03-02-07, 02:17 PM
I missed the story on this...

How much are they redoing? Just the front straight and stands? Or are they changing the rest of the track too. :confused:

I know they are moving the Bus Stop back, closer to Blanchimont, and moving the La Source Hairpin further up the hill. Both of these are to make room for the larger pit complex. Haven't heard of any other changes.

Spicoli
03-02-07, 04:11 PM
Is it EVER sunny there? :D

NismoZ
03-02-07, 05:13 PM
Not in Dec. 1944!:(

TrueBrit
03-02-07, 05:48 PM
Blimey! Did they ever tear that place up!

Sucks that they tore down those houses...but then again they're probably only 60 years old due to previous activities there....:(

This probably singles me out as an old fart but I REALLY hate to see beautiful tracks getting mucked about with...Salivastone was never that great to begin with, but at least it was bloody quick....Monza and it's bloody stupid chicanes...Imola post-Senna...and don't get me started about what they did to Hockenheim and that piddly little track around Nurburg....

Makes me glad in a way that the owner's of Brands Hatch told the FIA to sod off when they outlined the sort of changes they would require prior to hosting another GP....Looking at those pictures I can barely imagine the carnage that would have caused...

Back on topic....Not sure I like the re-location of the bus-stop...and it looks as though they 'softened' La Source a bit much...

We will have to see.....But I reserve the right to be pissed off it is worse than it looks...

Methanolandbrats
03-02-07, 09:57 PM
The last 20 years have been a never ending spiral into the toilet for motorsports fans, is there anything else left to #### up? Since all the series are trashed and nearly all of the classic circuits are ruined, I can't think of anything.

Indy
03-03-07, 01:57 PM
The last 20 years have been a never ending spiral into the toilet for motorsports fans, is there anything else left to #### up? Since all the series are trashed and nearly all of the classic circuits are ruined, I can't think of anything.

It is hard not to feel that way.

I wish F1 were some shining beacon we could all retreat to when the U.S. becomes nonstop gomerbilly cab racing, but unfortunately, they are working to destroy that series every day.

It just reminds me to enjoy every moment when things are good.

NismoZ
03-04-07, 12:26 AM
And when would THAT be?:(

ferrarigod
03-04-07, 02:04 AM
If they mess up La Source I'm gonna hunt them down. Hoping they fix the bus stop, but it appears not to be.