PDA

View Full Version : RuSPORT #10 car is history.

Cam
03-02-07, 11:45 AM
....unless a ride buyer with megabux steps into the picture. There will not be any Pettitbux used to campaign a second car. They have 2 DP01's so the second is now purely Justin's backup. The really lousy part of this is that 6 have been cut from the payroll. This bidness sux sometimes. :thumdown:

rabbit
03-02-07, 11:59 AM
Is this one of the big Spring Training announcements we've been hearing about? :\

Jayblues
03-02-07, 12:43 PM
....unless a ride buyer with megabux steps into the picture. There will not be any Pettitbux used to campaign a second car. They have 2 DP01's so the second is now purely Justin's backup. The really lousy part of this is that 6 have been cut from the payroll. This bidness sux sometimes. :thumdown:

we will see, i have heard the third car is about to be delivered.

RHR_Fan
03-02-07, 12:47 PM
I hope RuSport has a second car. Not just for the CC car count, but for the RuSport employees; they're a good group.

~Nicole

Tim
03-02-07, 12:57 PM
Always good to lose cars before the season starts.

Dr. Corkski
03-02-07, 01:02 PM
I hope RuSport has a second car. Not just for the CC car count, but for the RuSport employees; they're a good group.

~NicoleDon't worry about them, I am sure those employees will be more than happy to lose their jobs just to let Kalkhoven show that he isn't subsidizing cars anymore.

Spicoli
03-02-07, 03:49 PM

well, that sucks. :flame:

{KK]everything is fine[/KK]

FTG
03-02-07, 05:22 PM
If you have 18 cars, you have the same number of people employed as last year.

cyclepath
03-02-07, 09:51 PM

I'll tell that to the guys in the Colorado unemployment line:rolleyes:

Tim
03-02-07, 10:03 PM
Probably not what Russo had in mind when he sold the team. I say to any of them get a job in the private sector or nascar where you know you will be working and not getting stiffed in the off-season.

Hesketh
03-03-07, 07:36 AM

Not necessarily true, and absolutely not true in CC at this time. Perhaps you're thinking over-the-wall crew only, but when you have a spec car in a spec series where you can't do any R&D, you don't need fabricators, machinists, welders, etc....

Don't kid yourself: there are definitely fewer jobs around, no matter how many cars they run.

I've heard Conquest won't be at the Laguna test and I've heard that the guys still there are having trouble collecting a paycheck. Good luck to them and the ones in the unemployment line.

Spicoli
03-03-07, 01:44 PM
Not necessarily true, and absolutely not true in CC at this time. Perhaps you're thinking over-the-wall crew only, but when you have a spec car in a spec series where you can't do any R&D, you don't need fabricators, machinists, welders, etc....

Don't kid yourself: there are definitely fewer jobs around, no matter how many cars they run.

I've heard Conquest won't be at the Laguna test and I've heard that the guys still there are having trouble collecting a paycheck. Good luck to them and the ones in the unemployment line.

good thing KK took 2 months off.:irked:

That trip is gonna cost him millions.

KLang
03-07-07, 10:44 AM

Looks like you need to upgrade your 'sources'.

Indianapolis, Indiana, March 7, 2007 - Conquest Racing announced today that New-Zealand native Matt Halliday will be behind the wheel of the #34 DP01 Champ Car during the two-day open test at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca that gets underway Friday.

Linky (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=11296)

Spicoli
03-07-07, 11:39 AM
Looks like you need to upgrade your 'sources'.

Linky (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=11296)

Good for them. Maybe at the time Hesketh posted this, there WASN'T a plan to go to L/S. :shakehead

Its a lat minute deal..
March 7th announcement..
but we would like nothing more than to be able to work things out and keep him for the entire season." ...with a shaky future.

KLang
03-07-07, 11:46 AM
Good for them. Maybe at the time Hesketh posted this, there WASN'T a plan to go to L/S.

That is one possible explaination. There are others of course.....

Spicoli
03-07-07, 12:55 PM
That is one possible explaination. There are others of course.....

Like what?

Ed_Severson
03-07-07, 02:31 PM
No need to diss Hesketh ... Conquest coming to Laguna was not in the cards until the absolute last minute. Can't say I wasn't surprised to see them in the paddock this morning myself ...