PDA

View Full Version : Zhuhai race moved to Oct.

shaggy_socal
02-28-07, 07:04 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/35685/

Although there’s no official announcement as yet, Champ Car’s inaugural race in Zhuhai, China, scheduled for May 20, is being moved to Oct. 28 – the week after the annual stop at Surfers Paradise, Australia. It’s believed the Chinese promoters need more time to work on the track and gather sponsorship.

Good CYA by RM. Wouldn't want Steve Johnson to call him out. :)

Anyone get the feeling that Zhuhai could wind up being another Beijing?
If they pull it off, great but shouldn't the money issues be taken care of before announcing a race date?

Sean O'Gorman
02-28-07, 07:06 PM
There isn't going to be a race in China, who are they kidding?

Chief
02-28-07, 07:16 PM
Something stinks in Demark and it ain't the cheese....Miller must have got a wifff..

Insomniac
02-28-07, 07:17 PM
Would be smart if they moved it to then. Never understood why you'd want to fly to that side of the world twice in the same year.

Tony George
02-28-07, 07:22 PM
Will it be replaced by Ansan? :tony:

High Sided
02-28-07, 07:25 PM
wow, i'm really looking forward to 2007 and champcar:rolleyes: thank god star mazda races are popular enough for tv, go figure???

emjaya
02-28-07, 07:36 PM
Would be smart if they moved it to then. Never understood why you'd want to fly to that side of the world twice in the same year.

That had struck me as a silly thing to do. :confused:

The Chinese may have built a huge circuit, but they don't seem to want any one to race on it.

cameraman
02-28-07, 07:37 PM
It makes much more sense in terms of paying for the airfreight.
I'll worry about it on Oct 27 when I have to figure out what time the race will be on RD.

rabbit
02-28-07, 08:06 PM
If none of the drivers choose to run Indy, it means they’ll have six weeks between the third race of ’07 at Houston (April 22) and the fourth at Portland (June 10).

That will be the first of two six-week gaps, as Champ Car is also pushing its Sept. 9 show in Zolder, Belgium back to Aug. 26 so as not to tread on F1’s Belgian Grand Prix on Sept. 15 at Spa.

Teams will be idle from Assen, Holland on Sept. 2 to Australia on Oct. 21.:thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown: :thumdown:

Racing Truth
02-28-07, 08:50 PM
Stunning.*

*And by stunning, I mean utterly predictable.

Chief
03-01-07, 03:39 PM
Here's an idea......CCWS needs to have the China race ONE WEEK BEFORE Surfers. Come on, it's no fun deleting it AFTER Surfers because we know Surfers will happen. Right>?

Chiphead_Dave
03-01-07, 04:45 PM
Cool now re-add Denver to the schedule when the China race
was supposed to be.

emjaya
03-01-07, 07:23 PM
Here's an idea......CCWS needs to have the China race ONE WEEK BEFORE Surfers. Come on, it's no fun deleting it AFTER Surfers because we know Surfers will happen. Right>?

Yes, even if Champcar are not there, Surfers will happen.

The V8 Supertaxi's will just take over the whole weekend.:yuck: