PDA

View Full Version : Toronto

jonovision_man
02-27-07, 10:24 PM
Just got a flyer with the line-up:

CCWS
Atlantics
Speed World Challenge ! :thumbup: Both GT and Touring.
Star Mazda
Canadian Touring Car Championship

Unfortunately this will be the first year in a long time that I can't go... my wife is due July 8th! :( Bad year to miss, with the new ChampCar and Speed WC on the sched.

jono

jonovision_man
02-27-07, 10:26 PM
BTw, if you want a free paddock pass, shoot me an IM, I have a promo code if you buy your tix before March 9... but only for the new turn 3 or turn 9/10 grandstands... or the thunder alley tix.

Oh, and they seem to have added some new seats! A turn 3 grandstand. They also say a "new" 9/10 grandstand? I'm a bit confused about that one, there were already stands there I thought?

jono

TorontoWorker
02-27-07, 10:56 PM
BTw, if you want a free paddock pass, shoot me an IM, I have a promo code if you buy your tix before March 9... but only for the new turn 3 or turn 9/10 grandstands... or the thunder alley tix.

Oh, and they seem to have added some new seats! A turn 3 grandstand. They also say a "new" 9/10 grandstand? I'm a bit confused about that one, there were already stands there I thought?

jono

Maybe they mean drivers right? The driver left low style stands didn't give much of a view anyway. At least if the stands are drivers right you can see the cars coming out of 8 at you and rounding the corner and either heading to the pits or going away from you towards turn 12.

jonovision_man
02-27-07, 11:37 PM
Seems to be the ones on the outside of the track, same as before.

Were they GA before maybe? Now they're reserved?

Turn 3 is interesting, new grandstand with a TV... I sat there once when I had GA tix, right along the fence, it's the corner that sees the most action by far. The downside is that you're nowhere near the pits and you don't see the cars for very much of the lap, but with the TV that's not not a big deal.

jono

Tim
02-28-07, 02:56 PM
I'll be going for the first time since 2004. I like standing right by turn 4 during practice. Most of the cars get sideways coming up the little hill.

mcgonigle
02-28-07, 11:40 PM
Turn 3 is interesting, new grandstand with a TV... I sat there once when I had GA tix, right along the fence, it's the corner that sees the most action by far. The downside is that you're nowhere near the pits and you don't see the cars for very much of the lap, but with the TV that's not not a big deal.

jono

I'm trying it out this year. Don't remember past years, last year there was a grandstand there but it was for Ford VIPs (or something along that line). Nice to see them opening it up to the public this year.:thumbup:

jonovision_man
03-01-07, 01:22 AM
Yeah, I recall one other year it was Dodge Corner or something like that, not open to public.

jono

Tim
03-01-07, 02:52 PM
It hasn't been open to the public in 7-8 years. The reason it is now is most likely because of lost sponsorship.

Chief
03-01-07, 04:07 PM
Glad they opened it....last year with the soccer stadium going up there was virtually no (or limited) GA walk around to view the 4-5-6-7 turning complex. GA sucked last year.....T3 grandstands are great especially if you can get under one of the tree branches, it's hot and directly facing the sun otherwise. In fact, I remember PT chromehorning Memo Gidley just a couple years back there under braking, Memo was LAUNCHED IIRC.

FTG
03-01-07, 04:32 PM
I sat in Turn 3 a bunch of years ago. Lots of passes and shunts.

pferrf1
03-02-07, 09:42 AM
Actually - one of the best (and almost secret) GA spots is to go to the outside part of turn 3 (south side of Lakeshore) and watch from a hill on the Ontario Place property.

TorontoWorker
03-02-07, 03:52 PM
Actually - one of the best (and almost secret) GA spots is to go to the outside part of turn 3 (south side of Lakeshore) and watch from a hill on the Ontario Place property.

FYI: Thats where all the parts end up including 3"dia wheel nuts... Just so you know.;)

jonovision_man
03-03-07, 09:32 AM

I assume that's the "five-finger discount" GA? Some years they've put up plywood to prevent that view, no? I remember going by on my bike during qualifying one year and you couldn't see much, just a quick blur of a car going by.

jono

pferrf1
03-05-07, 01:01 PM
Yeah - Its through an in-out pass to get over to the south side stands at turn 2. No plywood last year. IIRC we were still inside the 'track property' last year.

cyclepath
03-05-07, 01:18 PM
I'll be going for the first time since 2004. I like standing right by turn 4 during practice. Most of the cars get sideways coming up the little hill.

Cool you need to check out the Jazz concerts and have a great b-day there!!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Tim
03-05-07, 02:42 PM
Or I can always get stood up by more waitresses.:D