PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gagnon weighs in on "Millergate"

pchall
02-27-07, 01:13 PM
http://overheardatthetrack.blogspot.com/

Is it me or did Robin Miller’s recent rant seem particularly vicious? Robin has always been negative, a distinct journalist characteristic. Most journalists prefer reporting bad news then good news, given that bad news spews more reaction out of people, precisely what journalists want. So, I was absolutely not surprised to read that Miller thinks everything is wrong with Champ Car (or IRL for that matter). He’s done it before and he’ll do it again... But this particular article was a lot more mean-spirited, a lot more personal than most of his earlier work. His cheap shot attack on Steve Johnson was malicious and, I’m sure quite fraudulent. His suggestion that CC sell off its assets to Tony George was downright shocking....

more at the link above

Be sure to check out the last two paragraphs. ;)

Racing Truth
02-27-07, 01:25 PM
Where's devilmaster when you need him?:D

Eric Gagnon is a Grade-A douche. I hesitate to even read it.

Oh, and he couldn't carry Miller's jockstrap.

Racing Truth
02-27-07, 01:28 PM
Just as,,,I,,,thought. Utter incoherence and idiocy. I guess he's now the model ChampCar employee.:tony: :tony:

dando
02-27-07, 01:32 PM
Miller's bitter, so be it. I would be to if I had to cover OW racing for the past 30+ years, dealing with idiots like FTG, Foyt, etc. But @ least calls a spade a spade and writes something meaningful. Maybe his piece was too close to the truth for some. :\

-Kevin

Opposite Lock
02-27-07, 01:32 PM
Even Steve Johnson entered the Champ Car forums to throw his two cents on the article. Its one of the reasons I love champ car frankly, the interaction that the bosses have with the fans. I don’t know of another major sport where the president logs on to a forum and actually responds under his own name. Not through an alias, not just as a lurker. You have to respect that and you have to respect the fans for being honest with their feelings.

Gagnon is an EMauk toady.

That Steve Johnson reads and posts at paperfanatics shows just how out of touch he is.

Robin rules.

Insomniac
02-27-07, 01:33 PM
How can anyone take that seriously? Journalists prefer to report bad news over good news? It's awesome that the President of CC posts on forums and cool that no other corporate Presidents do that? I wonder why that is? Then he just goes on to rip on RM saying he just wanted the free food. :rolleyes:

devilmaster
02-27-07, 01:33 PM
Where's devilmaster when you need him?:D

I'm working off my laptop - came home from kartexpo to find that my desktop HD shorts out the power supply when it begins to spool up. Need new HD.
:irked:

lost some data, but more annoyed that I now have 2 days of dloading and installing everything again.

So i'm in that kinda mood - someone needs to be sat on?

Racing Truth
02-27-07, 01:36 PM
I'm working off my laptop - came home from kartexpo to find that my desktop HD shorts out the power supply when it begins to spool up. Need new HD.
:irked:

lost some data, but more annoyed that I now have 2 days of dloading and installing everything again.

So i'm in that kinda mood - someone needs to be sat on?

How about sitting on Gagnon?:D

Sorry to hear that dm. Good luck getting caught up.:thumbup:

Redwing
02-27-07, 01:40 PM
Gagnon is wrong, Miller is right. There's a time for 'feel-good' and there's a time to put your foot up someone's backside. Unfortunately, Miller got canned for doing something that CC will benefit tremendously from - a serious public reaming...nothing a few good Verstappen-related stories won't fix.

chop456
02-27-07, 01:45 PM
Like moths to a flame.

Really incompetent, whiny moths.

shaggy_socal
02-27-07, 06:34 PM
Now, do these articles get people talking? Hell yes. Even Steve Johnson entered the Champ Car forums to throw his two cents on the article. Its one of the reasons I love champ car frankly, the interaction that the bosses have with the fans. I don’t know of another major sport where the president logs on to a forum and actually responds under his own name. Not through an alias, not just as a lurker. You have to respect that and you have to respect the fans for being honest with their feelings.

That's nice that Steve posted at CCF.com but it's times like this I wish the head guys at CC would stop catering to the fanatics and start trying to invite and welcome in new fans. Be that accessible to everyone who's interested.

Ziggy
02-27-07, 06:41 PM
Who is Eric Gagnon and why should we care?

a pimple faced blogger who was given a once over by paper? Maybe papajabunga's clothes fit him eh?

foad ,,,,,,,,,

rabbit
02-27-07, 07:04 PM
Who is Eric Gagnon and why should we care?

a pimple faced blogger who was given a once over by paper? Maybe papajabunga's clothes fit him eh?

foad ,,,,,,,,,

Gagnon is the traveling Champ Car PA announcer and the guy who does the Overheard at the Track videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mwlEfXx6nU

mueber
02-27-07, 09:22 PM

toymaker
02-27-07, 09:57 PM
Gagnon is the traveling Champ Car PA announcer and the guy who does the Overheard at the Track videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mwlEfXx6nU

He must be laying on his back 'cause he sure is kissing up!

With all this and completely ignoring the fact that Robin was RIGHT! Eric must be going for employee of the month!

cart7
02-27-07, 10:43 PM
speedweek and Daytona is over. I'm waiting for announcements.

Or are we to wait till the mystery teams, cars, sponsors, new pace cars and drivers pop out from behind a curtain just before the first practice in LV? :gomer:

TorontoWorker
02-27-07, 11:18 PM
I don't know... it's like we're so used to the 'tard's up here in Toronto that write about Champ Car crashing and burning every half week that Miller doesn't rate a blink or goofy like stare from us.

diamond dave
02-28-07, 03:14 AM
so I guess this Eric Gagme is a solider of the paperazzi.
he must be up for a promotion or title at the new and improved CCHQ:shakehead
VP of feel the love

Chiphead_Dave
02-28-07, 11:42 AM
Whoa Eric G.

Do you know the difference between an ass kisser and a $#!^ head.

Depth perception.

Make sure to get your prescription checked.

audi quattro
03-08-07, 05:41 PM
Geeeeee, I used the think the guys at crapwagon were true fans, but it seems that the people here have a better understanding of what Robin was doing.

Long live Robin!!!!!!!!!