PDA

View Full Version : Almond digger Futiliy . . . California

Wheel-Nut
02-23-07, 09:28 PM
AJ doesn't make the Nextel show for two weeks running. He starts 26th in the trucks tonight.

Wally
02-23-07, 11:10 PM
....:gomer: ...:laugh:

Audi_A4
02-23-07, 11:15 PM
its a tough transition to cup made even tougher with a rookie team. He needs seat time with enough seat time he will do better.

Rosco
02-24-07, 03:16 AM
Why is Jaun able to qualify week in & week out?

Joelski
02-24-07, 03:21 AM
It's easier to drive a camaro of tomorrow without daiper chafe. :tony:

Wheel-Nut
02-24-07, 09:27 AM
Finished 25th in the tuck race, 1 lap down $13,400 prize money.

its a tough transition to cup made even tougher with a rookie team. He needs seat time with enough seat time he will do better.

His teammate Brian Vickers starts 15th.

Spicoli
02-24-07, 10:30 AM

:laugh:

Insomniac
02-24-07, 11:09 AM

Well, it's only 2 weeks, but he has a spot locked in for the first 5 or 10 races.

Tifosi24
02-24-07, 11:46 AM

His teammate also has a hell of a lot more Nextel Cup starts too.

gjc2
02-24-07, 12:21 PM

Montoya is with an established team, Allmendinger isn't. Also Montoya is older, more experienced and more mature, and, in my opinion, one of the world's best race drivers. I respect AJ's talent but I don't think he's in Juan's league.

George

Wheel-Nut
02-24-07, 12:36 PM
His teammate also has a hell of a lot more Nextel Cup starts too.

Very true but AJ was good in Champ Car, maybe real good. How long before TRB decides he is not catching on quick enough?

rabbit
02-24-07, 05:39 PM
Montoya is with an established team, Allmendinger isn't. Also Montoya is older, more experienced and more mature, and, in my opinion, one of the world's best race drivers. I respect AJ's talent but I don't think he's in Juan's league.

George
That pretty much covers it. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
02-24-07, 05:58 PM
I just thought A.J. was a talentless hack, but didn't become so until October. :confused:

Wheel-Nut
02-24-07, 06:23 PM
^^^ That was on a different board. :)

oddlycalm
02-24-07, 06:47 PM
I just thought A.J. was a talentless hack, but didn't become so until October. :confused: That's actually right. What AJA has is potential. Had he allowed himself to further develop and gain confidence he most likely would have been able to go on to any other type of racing he wanted eventually, but we all witnessed a guy that ate himself alive on days he came up short. So how do you think not making the show in cup and finishing back in the pack with the talentless hacks in trucks is playing out in the motorhome?

It takes a lot more than driving fast laps to be a top driver, especially post tobacco, and signing a contract for serious money without even understanding how qualifying works is the act of a foolish kid. How many top drivers in any series in have you seen, in your vast experience, that were foolish kids? There are always lots of fast kids that show flashes of brilliance and speed, but how many of those actually mature into top drivers? AJA might have become one, but I don't expect we'll even find out given what's happened.

oc

dando
02-24-07, 07:12 PM
:rofl:

Sorry, but.... :laugh:MAO

Ya got whatcha asked fer, AJ. :gomer:

-Kevin

JohnHKart
02-24-07, 09:34 PM
I'm with those of you that are loving this. Schadenfreunde to the extreme. I always liked AJ in Champ Car.

JH

GOFAST1
02-24-07, 09:43 PM
I was a big fan of this guy and I'm glad that he is getting what RM has predicted.He is finished as a racer on the day he went to drive those toilets.

Jervis Tetch 1
02-24-07, 11:48 PM
He's really trying my patience.

Sean O'Gorman
02-25-07, 03:36 AM
I hope he starts kicking ass and makes you haters look like fools

KLang
02-25-07, 09:16 AM
Where is the hate? :confused: And who is the fool now? :p

jonovision_man
02-25-07, 09:18 AM

That's what happenned last year! :eek: :) I thought he was an underperforming brat when Russo canned him, next thing you know he's winning races left and right.

jono

Spicoli
02-25-07, 11:15 AM

there is a reason you sit by yourself. alot.

rabbit
02-25-07, 12:03 PM
This post (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=176050&postcount=20) pretty much sums up my feelings.

I've followed AJ since his Barber Dodge days. He was a bratty punk then and he still is today. Even though I didn't like him, I thought he was good for the series. He was unique. Now in NASCAR, he's just another dope with a bad haircut. When he fails to deliver on Toyota and Red Bulls' expectations, they will cut bait and move on. Then where will he and his fat paycheck be? My guess is Grand Am, 'cause that's where everyone seems to go these days when they've run out of options.

extramundane
02-25-07, 12:25 PM

I'm sure once he brushes up his autocross skills, things will pick up for him. :gomer:

EDwardo
02-25-07, 01:08 PM
Cup points standings after 1 race has AJ listed in 44th place and tied with 17 other drivers. Interestingly, the 18 drivers with 0 points are 27 points ahead of Michael Waltrip, who stands at -27 points after failing odor inspection.
He has $19,050 in earnings.
http://www.nbcsports.com/nascar_standings/index.html

Sean O'Gorman
02-25-07, 02:24 PM
I'm sure once he brushes up his autocross skills, things will pick up for him. :gomer:

It probably couldn't hurt. His Champ Car skills don't seem to be helping much.

RTKar
02-25-07, 02:40 PM
Maybe he just needs a booster seat to see better over the steering wheel.

Spicoli
02-25-07, 04:18 PM
and another thing. Sammy Hagar? that was excruciatingly hoorrendous. :yuck:

Wasn't he rumored to be doing a deal with ___king Tony?

nrc
02-25-07, 04:26 PM

Wait. You just said... nevermind. :rolleyes:

Sean O'Gorman
02-25-07, 04:32 PM
I'm saying that Allmendinger is struggling in NASCAR because its a much more competitive series than Champ Car.

Everyone else seems to think that A.J. is struggling because he is a "traitor", I guess. :confused:

nrc
02-25-07, 04:40 PM
I'm saying that Allmendinger is struggling in NASCAR because its a much more competitive series than Champ Car.

Everyone else seems to think that A.J. is struggling because he is a "traitor", I guess. :confused: I haven't seen anyone say that. I've seen people say that they're glad that he's struggling because he's a traitor.

Sean Malone
02-25-07, 04:43 PM

He's a small guy, maybe he can't put both arms on the giant NASCAR steering wheel.

Spicoli
02-25-07, 04:52 PM
crash.

:yuck:

extramundane
02-25-07, 06:19 PM

He struggled his entire time in CC w/ RuSport- did CC suddenly become less competitive when AJ moved to Forsythe? Or did he move into a situation where the car setup work was done for him and he didn't have to add much input (much like his time in Atlantics)? It should therefore be no surprise that, when moving to a new series with a brand new team and a brand new manufacturer, i.e. a situation where car development is going to be key, he's having his buzzcut handed to him. When the situation is right, he does well; when it's not, he's worthless. The series is irrelevant.

Everyone else seems to think that A.J. is struggling because he is a "traitor", I guess. :confused:

No, that's just why they're happy that he's struggling.

oddlycalm
02-25-07, 09:59 PM
I'm saying that Allmendinger is struggling in NASCAR because its a much more competitive series than Champ Car. extramundane has it right and if you pay attention to what he wrote you might actually learn something.

The guy that won the cup race today has been working with the same crew for 10yrs, 8 of them in cup. If Kenseth stepped into a Champ Car this season with a new team he would have a problem finishing ahead of Legge in the Coyne car all year guaranteed. Does that mean Champcar is a more competitive series?

oc