PDA

View Full Version : No Verstappen in Champ Car

Krutch
02-20-07, 07:49 PM
Verstappen announced today on his personal website that he will not race in Champ Car this year. As reason he states he is tired of waiting and the political games. He was negotiating with a few teams, but no deal was ever made and Verstappen no longer thinks he has enough time to prepare himself.

It is not the first time Verstappen can't strike a deal because he sets his demands too high. He wants to have a high salary as he thinks he deserves it and as a result, less sponsor money could go to the team. If he really wanted to drive, it would have been possible. It's the same story as in 2005 and again, he hasn't learned.

jonovision_man
02-20-07, 07:55 PM
Too bad, would have liked to see what he could do.

jono

spinner26
02-20-07, 08:14 PM
the longer champ car waits for the paying pilot the less likely champ car will have high caliber qualified drivers.

Junky may have made the right decision going to that A1 series or whatever it is.:shakehead

extramundane
02-20-07, 08:29 PM
Verstappen no longer thinks he has enough time to prepare himself.

How much preparation does driving into the gravel take?

Racing Truth
02-20-07, 08:46 PM
the longer champ car waits for the paying pilot the less likely champ car will have high caliber qualified drivers.

Junky may have made the right decision going to that A1 series or whatever it is.:shakehead

Maybe, but would A1GP preclude him (Junky) from CC?

But yes, another crapshoot when it comes to drivers.:shakehead

Extramundane::rofl:

NismoZ
02-20-07, 11:40 PM
No, the report made Bruno's Durban run sound like a one-off. Now, if he wins?;)

Easy
02-21-07, 11:24 AM
Too bad, would have liked to see what he could do.

jono

He could punch PT much harder than Tag or Boredaz3.

GOFAST1
02-21-07, 01:23 PM
Good news.To old.

G.
02-21-07, 01:54 PM
people know who he is, and they have an opinion about him.

I'm jus' sayin'.

NismoZ
02-21-07, 05:53 PM
Jos wanted to be paid. Money isn't there. They (CC/promoter) probably would have made it back in the Assen/Zolder gate reciepts, he's that big. He knows it, CC doesn't. Heylen, Zwolsman and Doornbos combined don't equal the draw of The Boss. Thank F-1 for that. You'd think he was a freekin' multiple World Champ! CC could have used him, but he ain't driving for free and I don't blame him. I doubt whoever FCR gets to team with PT will have the talent or the charisma of Jos but I suppose he'll have the $$.:shakehead

extramundane
02-21-07, 07:48 PM
Jos wanted to be paid. Money isn't there. They (CC/promoter) probably would have made it back in the Assen/Zolder gate reciepts, he's that big. He knows it, CC doesn't. [...] CC could have used him, but he ain't driving for free and I don't blame him. I doubt whoever FCR gets to team with PT will have the talent or the charisma of Jos but I suppose he'll have the $$.:shakehead

His presence may have been nice for the Euro gates, but overall his presence does zero to boost the series profile (and in fact might only reinforce the old stereotype that it's a place where middling ex-F1 drivers can retire).

Of course, CC management apparently feels that gambling on Assen & Zolder are higher priority than retaining a successful US event, so WTF knows anymore.

nissan gtp
02-21-07, 07:50 PM
His presence may have been nice for the Euro gates, but overall his presence does zero to boost the series profile (and in fact might only reinforce the old stereotype that it's a place where middling ex-F1 drivers can retire).

Of course, CC management apparently feels that gambling on Assen & Zolder are higher priority than retaining a successful US event, so WTF knows anymore.

yep :thumbup:

racermike
02-21-07, 07:53 PM
I would have liked to see Jos race here stateside, but it seems his ego has prevented it from happening.