PDA

View Full Version : Bruno Gets Call From Emmo

NismoZ
02-20-07, 01:10 PM
Bruno Junqueria will drive for Emerson Fittipaldi's team Brazil in A1GP's upcoming Durban, South Africa street race. Good for him. SPEED.

spinner26
02-20-07, 03:01 PM
see what racing at Indy with a bunch a wankers will get ya.:shakehead

This kid had a chance at the title a couple years ago and pizzed it all away to drive at 16th & Toekneetown.:rolleyes:

Enjoy your woulda shoulda been career Junky. Minassian seems to be the better of the two at this point.

http://www.nicolasminassian.com/home.php :saywhat:

diamond dave
02-20-07, 03:09 PM
oh I thought it'd be about Emmo wanting Blinky to take over for Max Papis in the marriage:p

devilmaster
02-20-07, 03:24 PM
Not to be a prick about it, but I don't see why this is a big deal. :confused:

There have been a few CC and IRL and former F1 drivers who have done 1 off races in A1GP. If anything, the drivers probably see it as getting track time in a comparable OW car.

rabbit
02-20-07, 03:55 PM
Not to be a prick about it, but I don't see why this is a big deal. :confused:

There have been a few CC and IRL and former F1 drivers who have done 1 off races in A1GP. If anything, the drivers probably see it as getting track time in a comparable OW car.

Ditto. Several drivers come to mind.

Insomniac
02-20-07, 04:38 PM
see what racing at Indy with a bunch a wankers will get ya.:shakehead

This kid had a chance at the title a couple years ago and pizzed it all away to drive at 16th & Toekneetown.:rolleyes:

Enjoy your woulda shoulda been career Junky. Minassian seems to be the better of the two at this point.

N/H took him to Indy, he didn't go there himself.

Wheel-Nut
02-20-07, 06:54 PM
I thought he was driving for Floyd at the time?

NismoZ
02-20-07, 07:14 PM
No, it was N/H and Bruno was anxious to go. He thought he could win. He was on his way when...:mad:

Insomniac
02-20-07, 07:41 PM
I thought he was driving for Floyd at the time?

The back breaking accident was with N/H. Bourdais was there as well. He also was wrecked with TCGR when the IRL decided there was no need for a yellow after someone leaked oil all over the track. Bruno leading, hits the oil, meets the wall.

spinner26
02-20-07, 08:17 PM
If anything, the drivers probably see it as getting track time in a comparable OW car.

God only knows they aren't gonna get it with CC other than race weekend.

Hate to D&G and go OT, believe what you want, but as a realist THE FUTURE DOES NOT LOOK BRIGHT.:(

devilmaster
02-20-07, 09:12 PM
THE FUTURE DOES NOT LOOK BRIGHT.:(

wow, I just had a tonne of deja vus, like I've read that once or twice or 2 million times before... :eek:

The future hasn't looked bright since :tony: became head IMS goober.

If CC closes shop tomorrow, I'll just post that it was fun while it lasted, then get back to the spring cleaning of the house.

If CC answers the call at Vegas then i'll watch.

Either way, no skin off my nose.

theunions
02-21-07, 03:46 AM
He also was wrecked with TCGR when the IRL decided there was no need for a yellow after someone leaked oil all over the track. Bruno leading, hits the oil, meets the wall.

You're thinking of Kanaan in '02. Blinky finished 5th and 31st in '01 and '02, his two years with TCGR. Though his DNF is somehow attributed to "gearbox" in the official box score, it was his massive motor failure (he stopped right in front of me at pit in) which led to Toucan's demise.

Hesketh
02-21-07, 07:14 AM
Minassian seems to be the better of the two at this point.

Actually, Nick is a pretty good driver. Don't know why he didn't show better when he was here, but he's got some talent and is a nice guy to boot. I always preferred him over Junky.

Insomniac
02-21-07, 09:21 AM
You're thinking of Kanaan in '02. Blinky finished 5th and 31st in '01 and '02, his two years with TCGR. Though his DNF is somehow attributed to "gearbox" in the official box score, it was his massive motor failure (he stopped right in front of me at pit in) which led to Toucan's demise.

Wow, I'm not sure how I completely messed up remembering that. I swear I though a gomer blew something, sprinkled the track with oil leaving a clear trail you could see on TV and Junky was the first to meet it. Thanks for clearing that up.

Wheel-Nut
02-21-07, 10:31 AM
The back breaking accident was with N/H. Bourdais was there as well. He also was wrecked with TCGR when the IRL decided there was no need for a yellow after someone leaked oil all over the track. Bruno leading, hits the oil, meets the wall.

Oh, I thought we were talking about Minassian.

spinner26
02-21-07, 12:17 PM
Actually, Nick is a pretty good driver. Don't know why he didn't show better when he was here, but he's got some talent and is a nice guy to boot. I always preferred him over Junky.

Plain and simple short and skinny, Mike Hull hated the kid, he talked down to him over the radio like he was a redheaded step child.

When they made the decision to release (fire) Nic, Mike didn't even have the guts to call him or his agent, he had the receptionist tell him when he came into the shop as Memo was getting fitted for a seat.:shakehead

Hesketh
02-21-07, 01:26 PM
Plain and simple short and skinny, Mike Hull hated the kid, he talked down to him over the radio like he was a redheaded step child.

When they made the decision to release (fire) Nic, Mike didn't even have the guts to call him or his agent, he had the receptionist tell him when he came into the shop as Memo was getting fitted for a seat.:shakehead

Thanks for sharing; I never knew that. Knowing Hull, it doesn't surprise me. Never understood how that guy got where he was.

NismoZ
02-21-07, 05:41 PM
Don't care...nice guy or not, if you stuck Bruno and Nic in the same car on the same track Bruno would WAX him! Little doubt!