PDA

View Full Version : Champcar inner circle champions

Playersfan
02-18-07, 01:09 AM
For 2007 Champcar is lunching a new super fan club. Dave and Linda Wood will continue their Ambassadorship and the CCIC activities

http://www.ccic-champions.ws/ccic/index.html?fuseaction=confirm.&email=stebor%40cogeco.ca&confirm=PAJz04sW9EkmMpj9

Gnam
02-18-07, 01:38 AM
rebound with the put back.

http://www.ccic-champions.ws/ccic

DagoFast
02-18-07, 01:49 AM
ChampCar sure is "lunching" a lot of stuff this year. :tony:

TravelGal
02-18-07, 03:08 AM
Signed up and gave your name as the referral Steve. Hope you get credit!

OW
02-18-07, 11:42 AM
Help..... I don't remember my username to log in.

I DO have the card and even got last years sticker..Is this card any good?

The Card has my name and there is a number at the top of the card.

I'd prefer to not re-register and keep the membership tied to this card.

Any Ideas???

TravelGal
02-18-07, 03:16 PM
Cripes, I thought it was a whole different deal so I re-registered.

Playersfan, can you enlighten us?

OW
02-18-07, 03:51 PM
Hi Travelgal....you may be right..
It may BE a whole new thing requiring start over.
I'm just willing to wait and see.

I hope we get some clarification here..

Thanks
OW

cameraman
02-19-07, 04:07 AM
Also a bit confused. I signed up on the ccic board back in 2004 but old names do not seem to carry over to this new site. Don't think I have posted there but I did sign up. Is this replacing the old CCIC?

Anteater
02-19-07, 04:37 PM
I DO have the card and even got last years sticker..Is this card any good?

The Card has my name and there is a number at the top of the card.

I'd prefer to not re-register and keep the membership tied to this card.

Any Ideas???

Keep your membership cards, everybody! I believe that we will receive new stickers for '07 to place on the cards when we renew our existing CCIC memberships, and we'll keep the same numbers.

This Champions deal is a completely separate matter from your CCIC membership. I asked Dave Wood the CCIC ambassador about it, and he said "The Champions is not a new version of the CCIC but rather an enhancement..all current CCIC programs are in place and will continue so. Champions is a program put into place to satisfy the "hard core" fan who wants more action and involvement within Champ Car." It's the replacement for the old "Champ Car Insiders" board (that was the name, right?).

Hope this helps. I was confused, too, but I'm better now! :)

TravelGal
02-19-07, 04:39 PM
But it still doesn't tell us whether we need to re-register. ---for about the 10th time but that's a different question.

OW
02-19-07, 05:53 PM
Just so CCIC knows what (some) people are doing. I did register (re-register?) to get a username for the web site. (Openwheel)...

Thanks, I will certainly keep my card.

Seems the tie-in will be my actual name and address.

We'll get it ;)

nissan gtp
02-19-07, 06:00 PM
well, kudos for the idea, but Champ Car can barely run ONE fan organization. Adding an "enhancement" with a different program isn't necessary.

Simplify into one setup and do a really good job with it.

Playersfan
02-19-07, 06:57 PM
Keep your membership cards, everybody! I believe that we will receive new stickers for '07 to place on the cards when we renew our existing CCIC memberships, and we'll keep the same numbers.

This Champions deal is a completely separate matter from your CCIC membership. I asked Dave Wood the CCIC ambassador about it, and he said "The Champions is not a new version of the CCIC but rather an enhancement..all current CCIC programs are in place and will continue so. Champions is a program put into place to satisfy the "hard core" fan who wants more action and involvement within Champ Car." It's the replacement for the old "Champ Car Insiders" board (that was the name, right?).

Hope this helps. I was confused, too, but I'm better now! :)

I have no idea about what is going on with the existing CCIC, we are 6 weeks away from the first race of the season and no news regarding re-registering. Last year we had to re register to get the sticker, will this year be the same?
As a charter member of the original CCIC on line fan forum I've received an e-mail regarding the new fan club and given the opportunity to preregister before the official lunch which is scheduled for tomorrow.
Here is part of the E-mail that I've received, hope this helps answer some questions. Steve

BECOME AN INNER CIRCLE CHAMPION!

The Champ Car World Series is gearing up for the 2007 season and this year we've added a new and improved fan community to the Inner Circle Fan Club for our die-hard racing enthusiasts. Say hello to the Champ Car Inner Circle Champions!

As a Charter Member of the Champ Car Inner Circle Fan Club, you might be wondering "why the change?" Well, think of the Champ Car Inner Circle Champions as an enhancement of the existing club, keeping all the features you love and adding a whole lot more! This exciting new fan experience doesn't officially launch until next Monday (2/19) but we wanted to give a few of our most dedicated fan club members an advanced peek!

Inner Circle members who become Champions will have access to:

• Exclusive Champ Car news and info.

• Members-only, behind-the-scenes “sneak peeks” at upcoming Champ Car races and events.

• An assortment of activities, polls, trivia and surveys designed to engage the community while spreading the Champ Car word to others.

• Exclusive prizes and merchandise including special “insider” passes to upcoming Champ Car events, all as reward for your dedication and enthusiasm within the community.

• Message boards to connect with old friends and meet new ones.

• The Inner Circle Champions e-newsletter, keeping you up-to-date on all community activities, as well as the latest Champ Car news!

• And much more!

If you’re as revved up about all this as we are, just click the link below to sign up! We’ll be in touch shortly with the next step!

TravelGal
02-19-07, 07:17 PM
Funny, but the more they try to do it right, the more aggravating and confusing it gets. I was a charter member also. Okay, I didn't post and Playersfan did so that's probably the difference but I didn't get one of those emails. I do have three stickers on two different cards though. ...................

Playersfan
02-19-07, 09:34 PM
Funny, but the more they try to do it right, the more aggravating and confusing it gets. I was a charter member also. Okay, I didn't post and Playersfan did so that's probably the difference but I didn't get one of those emails. I do have three stickers on two different cards though. ...................

Sorry TravelGal, but there are only 24 active members left that are still posting on the "official" CCIC online Fan Forum, established in October 2002, requiring paid CCIC membership for 2003 and 2004, and closed to new members in March 2005

TravelGal
02-20-07, 01:31 AM
Sorry TravelGal, but there are only 24 active members left that are still posting on the "official" CCIC online Fan Forum, established in October 2002, requiring paid CCIC membership for 2003 and 2004, and closed to new members in March 2005

I was told ages that it closed. I am looking at PAID 2004 card. Member number 20133. Sent in the moola for 2003 but never got anything.

Don't make me no nevermind. Just more of the usual. I'm on the new stuff. Let 'er rip.

manic mechanic
02-20-07, 01:49 AM
I was told ages that it closed. I am looking at PAID 2004 card. Member number 20133. Sent in the moola for 2003 but never got anything.

Don't make me no nevermind. Just more of the usual. I'm on the new stuff. Let 'er rip.

I'm with you, TGal. I'm a "charter member" (and local coordinator) since 2004 and I can't/don't even warrant a confirmation email so far.

I truly hope this program suceeds and I hope that small oversights like this don't become commonplace. ;)

I hope to be able to participate in this program. :thumbup:

manic

chop456
02-20-07, 03:05 AM
I'm going to be the best,,,fan,,,ever. I needs me one of them special, top secret insider passes. :tony:

Has it occurred to anyone that putting a decent product on the track and seeing that people aren't gouged on concessions and carry-ins might be a decent way to keep/attract fans? Your average non-dork race fan doesn't care about signed driver letters and secret decoder rings.

I'm just sayin'.

Sean O'Gorman
02-20-07, 07:54 AM
Has it occurred to anyone that putting a decent product on the track and seeing that people aren't gouged on concessions and carry-ins might be a decent way to keep/attract fans? Your average non-dork race fan doesn't care about signed driver letters and secret decoder rings.

I'm just sayin'.

IT JUST CAN"T BE A SEBASITAN BOURDAIS LETTER IM A TRACY FAN ITS AN INSULT!!!!!11!!!

TravelGal
02-20-07, 03:41 PM
IT JUST CAN"T BE A SEBASITAN BOURDAIS LETTER IM A TRACY FAN ITS AN INSULT!!!!!11!!!

That sound you hear is the earth ceasing to rotate: I actually agree with SOG!

It's not that this whole deal is so darned important in the great scheme of things. It's that each time they try to make it better, it is done with NEW people who don't know what happened before so continuity suffers. To put it mildly.

Dr. Corkski
02-20-07, 05:00 PM
Is there a pr0n forum?

OW
02-20-07, 08:53 PM
From TravelGal:
It's not that this whole deal is so darned important in the great scheme of things. It's that each time they try to make it better, it is done with NEW people who don't know what happened before so continuity suffers.

TGal ...well said...
But...OK everybody... cool your turbos..
Last year my sticker arrived (to my home snail mail) just 1 week before (I flew to) Long Beach...
I "think?" I made a "yes I'm here" verification on a link .. to get that sticker.
Thanks to an "Off Camber" post
Does this new additional register constitute registration for the new sticker?

I just hope that the reps of CCIC value the positive feedback made here...

Thank you for CCIC and (and to paraphrase TGal) It really was nothing more than saving me $30 bucks from the $300 I spend on merchandise at any given race.
I never even used it for ticket price reduction.

One of the Many Superfans,
OW

RHR_Fan
02-20-07, 10:30 PM
This year organization seems pretty good...so far. I lost my card from last year so on that front it doesn't really matter to me. I'm just happy because for once I got my confirmation e-mail without having to sign up a billion times.

~Nicole

TravelGal
02-21-07, 06:05 PM
Proving that all things come to him (or her) who waits, today I got the email Playersfan quoted above. It invites me to join.....5 days after I joined. Different email lists of course. That is one thing I can't blame them for. List maintenance=the bane of my existence!

OW
02-21-07, 10:02 PM
Proving that all things come to him (or her) who waits, today I got the email Playersfan quoted above. It invites me to join.....5 days after I joined. Different email lists of course. That is one thing I can't blame them for. List maintenance=the bane of my existence!

I think the saying goes "to he who waits" (not him or her) :)

TravelGal
02-22-07, 03:42 PM
I think the saying goes "to he who waits" (not him or her) :)

:irked:

--taking the gloves off--
It's to HIM to waits because it's a direct object and "he" would be nominative case.

Now, join this century please and include women!

PS, are you coming to LB? We can duke it out some more at Bubba Gumps. :)

OW
02-22-07, 09:00 PM
:irked:

--taking the gloves off--
It's to HIM to waits because it's a direct object and "he" would be nominative case.

Now, join this century please and include women!

PS, are you coming to LB? We can duke it out some more at Bubba Gumps. :)

"sayings" are not always best form of english...but....
Golsh darn.... google hits 34,400 times for "he who waits" while "him who waits" hits 35,500

So....You win by close margin, acording to the lord google.

It's my everyother off year but I may have to schedule LB just to "duke it out" with you (which BTW hits 1,020,00 times)

Go Katherine!!!!

:) ;)

Playersfan
02-24-07, 03:44 PM
Another good reason for West Coast fans to join the Inner Circle Champions Club at http://www.ccic-champions.ws/ccic/?u=playersfan

All IC Champs,

On behalf of the San Jose Grand Prix, you are all cordially invited to Champ Car Spring Training at Laguna-Seca March 10th. SJGP will have a huge presence there and we welcome all of the best fans of Champ Car!

Tickets will be on sale for the SJGP at the event and all Inner Circle Champions receive 20% off of tickets!

See you March 10th!
Debbie-Group Sales Manager
aka: San Jose Grand Prix Ticket Diva

wood-eye
03-02-07, 12:08 AM
Hi folks.....

Some information which we hope will address questions within this post....

Champ Car has started the Champions program which is within the Champ Car Inner Circle Fan Club. It is for the fan who wants more involvement and action ....as of today almost a thousand Inner Circle Fan Club members have signed up for the program...

Inner Circle Fan Club members who sign up for the Champions program will receive a "sticker" for their Inner Circle membership cards. No one this year will have to "reregister" for the Inner Circle Fan Club. Fans not signing up for the Champions program will remain Inner Circle Fan Club members and will not have to reregister....they will not receive a new "sticker" for their membership card but can continue to use it as in the past....they will continue to receive emails from Race Director as in the past. Champions also continue to receive the Race Director emails.

Champions is exciting as you have seen if you've signed up....we are really excited about it as it gets fans involved.....and ultimately actively advocating for the series we all love. Thank you if you've signed up...enjoy!

Dave and Linda are continuing as Ambassadors for the Inner Circle Fan Club. We are actively lining up tours for the fans for each event as we did last season as well as working with local coordinators to set up Saturday night dinners with speakers at each event. We will also be working with the driver autograph sessions and fan forums as we did last year. Marilyn and John Sara are also working closely with us and will be Ambassadors for Cleveland and Road America...they have been a wonderful addition to the program.

Please remember the member sign up program and fan picture tents will be continuing with Anaya....if you want to work a race (and get tickets, etc) send her an email....fans are already "staking" out their events they want to work as we speak.

Thanks again to the local coordinators who have coninuously worked to put a quality program together for you.....most all the dinners last year were incredible events....and we are working hard with the coordinators to have all that excellence continue.

As a last note announcements for the tours, dinners and volunteers will be on the forums and on the Blog three weeks before each event (Friday publishing)

See you in Las Vegas... you Champions!

Anteater
03-02-07, 02:07 PM
Wood-eye, thanks so much for sorting this out! :)

Can you please post the link to your informative blog? It's a good resource for the fans. I had the blog bookmarked in my desktop computer, which unfortunately has died.