PDA

View Full Version : Tilke: F1 needs more STREET CIRCUITS!!!

jonovision_man
02-15-07, 10:47 AM
:saywhat:

I have nothing against street circuits, but I get my fill from ChampCar, the IRL & F1 racing at Monaco... that's more than enough!!!

Keep F1 on purpose-built road courses.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56758

"I think, there is a trend to get the tracks to the fans and not the other way around, and closer to the fans naturally suggests racing in the cities," Tilke said in an interview with autosport.com.

"And for obvious reasons you can hardly build permanent racetracks in the middle of a town, so you then come logically to street circuits.

"The second reason, and Monte Carlo is the best example, is that a street circuit creates a very special atmosphere."

Someone needs to take this man to Montreal... it's not a "premanent" racetrack, but it isn't a street circuit and it is in the middle of town.

jono

oddlycalm
02-15-07, 01:49 PM
F1 needs less Tilke, more cowbell. :gomer:

oc

eiregosod
02-15-07, 03:06 PM
I'd bet that Tikle will get all the annual contracts to build the street circuits.

I guess that building once-off race tracks doesn't pay enough for hermann's lifestyle.

coolhand
02-15-07, 03:29 PM
Why does Tilke get a monopoly on new tracks? Its not like every golf course on the PGA tour is designed by Greg Norman

eiregosod
02-15-07, 04:55 PM
Why does Tilke get a monopoly on new tracks? Its not like every golf course on the PGA tour is designed by Greg Norman

because tilke has computers that can do computational fluid dynamics.

who knows, maybe bernie gets a kickback too.

devilmaster
02-15-07, 05:17 PM
maybe even Tilke is boring of Tilke tracks.

STD
02-15-07, 07:42 PM

His benefactor has given him all the F1 circuit design business.
Every new or modified F1 circuit must be designed by Tilke's company as part of the contract to run an F1 event.
Think of it like a no bid US government deal with say Halliburton.