PDA

View Full Version : Judge throws the book at Jon Field

Sean O'Gorman
02-14-07, 05:47 PM
...or maybe not. Maybe the judge was a racer once upon a time. ;)

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_5195270

extramundane
02-14-07, 05:56 PM
His pocketbook doesn't appear to be hurting (http://www.trackbytes.com/news.php?id=2698).

This never would have happened if he'd stayed in the Grand American! :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
02-14-07, 06:24 PM
No mention of why there was speculation over the past month?

Don Quixote
02-14-07, 10:34 PM
I don't equate 12 years probation to getting the book thrown at him. He should do hard time for stealing $1 mil. He should get worse for stiffing hard working contractors who are trying to earn a living and feed their families. I'm surprised slimebags like this don't get whacked more often. :mad:

Sean O'Gorman
02-14-07, 11:33 PM
I was joking about the book being thrown at him. And I don't have a problem with the penalty. I would rob each and every last one of you to pay for my racing if thats what it came down to.

Don Quixote
02-15-07, 12:37 AM
:laugh:
I always have my hand on my wallet in your threads anyway!

Rogue Leader
02-15-07, 12:46 AM
I was joking about the book being thrown at him. And I don't have a problem with the penalty. I would rob each and every last one of you to pay for my racing if thats what it came down to.

They didn't call it Grand Touring Pharmaceutical for nothing, Jon Field is equivalent to a kid stealing a pack of gum in a candy store compared to the likes of the Whittingtons!

Ziggy
02-15-07, 08:21 AM
/|\Do tell/|\

Ziggy
02-15-07, 08:22 AM
/|\Do tell/|\

ps - Never heard of Jon Field, but I remember Mike Thackwell

Ted Field, now there was a car owner

Napoleon
02-15-07, 10:20 AM
Never heard of Jon Field

Unless I am mistaken I think that someone who post here (well at least use to, I do not recall seeing him recently, but who has a friend who still post here) actually worked on the house that he built a few years ago. At least so he told me at one of our race watching parties in the Columbus area.

KLang
02-15-07, 10:38 AM
I would rob each and every last one of you to pay for my racing if thats what it came down to.

Don't you drive around cones in a parking lot? :laugh:

extramundane
02-15-07, 11:00 AM
/|\Do tell/|\

ps - Never heard of Jon Field, but I remember Mike Thackwell

Ted Field, now there was a car owner

Ted & Jon are related somehow, I want to say Father & Son, but I can't remember.

Sean O'Gorman
02-15-07, 12:26 PM
Don't you drive around cones in a parking lot? :laugh:

Have you tried it? Its immensely more fun than sitting in a grandstand watching a struggling racing series that doesn't care about its fans.

And for the record, I don't know what there are more of, autocrossers who have moved to road racing and become instantly successful, or road racers who have tried autocrossing and sucked at it. :laugh:

RichK
02-15-07, 12:59 PM
http://www.chabotcollege.edu/library/abby/broken%20record.jpg

theunions
02-15-07, 07:10 PM
Ted & Jon are related somehow, I want to say Father & Son, but I can't remember.

It's Clint & Jon who are son & father - Ted is of no relation to my knowledge.

extramundane
02-15-07, 09:17 PM
It's Clint & Jon who are son & father - Ted is of no relation to my knowledge.

I know about Clint & Jon (and Jon's brother Joel, who used to race with them), but I'd have sworn they were related to Ted as well. The fact that Ted ran Interscope and Jon/Clint run Intersport doesn't help things.

Sean O'Gorman
02-15-07, 11:18 PM
I swear I read they were related too.